Giants Sign Former Philadelphia Eagles DT Mike Patterson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DVision View Post
    Is the max allowed at camp still 80 or has the number increased?
    I think its around 90. 92, 93 maybe

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
      Might as well bring the whole eagles team.
      The Eagles teams of the past few years had pretty good talent on there. They may have been overrated, but I don't think they were coached very well.

I love these 1-year deals -- brings in some depth at affordable prices.

Comment

getting back at them for taking that STUD WR a couple years ago hahahaha

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
          The Eagles teams of the past few years had pretty good talent on there. They may have been overrated, but I don't think they were coached very well.

I love these 1-year deals -- brings in some depth at affordable prices.
          And allows us to bleed down the dead cap money for another year.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            They need to go Oline early.
            ............and often!
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              Not precisely true ... otherwise half of us would be on the Dline
              they are NFL football players so it is assumed they are in decent NFL shape to begin with. So it is desire more than
              physical shape. My example was Wolfork. Big huge belly and still kicks butt every play
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                they are NFL football players so it is assumed they are in decent NFL shape to begin with. So it is desire more than
                physical shape. My example was Wolfork. Big huge belly and still kicks butt every play
                These boards just sap all sense of humor from the posters.

And while Vince Wilfork might have a big belly, he's not exactly "out of shape".
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You think a draft pick will replace Tuck?
                  I do think we have to look to replace him very soon. He is coming up on free agency in 2014, the same time as JPP , Linval Joseph, Hakeem NIcks ,possibly Chris Snee(voidable year) among others. The Giants simply will not be able to resign everyone.

As much as I love Tuck, he has been on decline and they will have to let some of the impressive names coming to free agency go.

If we draft a Werner, or Carradine, or some other DE, they can develop for a year, contribute a bit and step in next for a primary role, exactly how we did it with JPP.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    He is coming up on free agency in 2014, the same time as JPP
                    JPP hits free agency in 2016.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Yup. This team is going to be VERY different in 2014. Tons of contracts come off the books, and while we would have quite a few holes to fill, we will also have a lot of cap space. Keeping Nicks and Cruz might actually be possible...
                      You heard it from me first
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        I do think we have to look to replace him very soon. He is coming up on free agency in 2014, the same time as JPP , Linval Joseph, Hakeem NIcks ,possibly Chris Snee(voidable year) among others. The Giants simply will not be able to resign everyone.

As much as I love Tuck, he has been on decline and they will have to let some of the impressive names coming to free agency go.

If we draft a Werner, or Carradine, or some other DE, they can develop for a year, contribute a bit and step in next for a primary role, exactly how we did it with JPP.
                        I hope Tracy and/or Ojomo are his replacement(s)
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                          LOL...oh, the horror
                          I'd sure love to have Desean, McCoy and Bryce Brown :-)

Comment

I bet...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                              LOL...oh, the horror
                              That's two DTs from their 2012 team lol Jenkins now this guy
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                Eventually yes. The same way JPP supplanted Osi.

Tuck's days are numbered with the Giants (and the NFL in general) in my estimation.
                                I feel like getting another stud pass rusher will be the difference in getting this team back to being Super Bowl contenders or not

Comment

Working...
                                X