No announcement yet.

Giants Sign Former Philadelphia Eagles DT Mike Patterson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now they have ONE reliable DE. DE is their biggest need in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Right now they have ONE reliable DE. DE is their biggest need in the draft.
      Bingo. Too bad this is such a weak, and thin QB class. Would have been nice to have some blue-chip prospects fall to our slot.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        JPP hits free agency in 2016.
        nope, we both wrong, its 2015.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          nope, we both wrong, its 2015.
          See, I agree that it's 2015, but Spotrac has it going until 2016.

Linval is a FA next year (Spotrac agrees), having signed a 4 year rookie deal. For comparison, JPP signed a 5 year deal, but they have that deal going to 2016.

It's no big deal though. Actually, it's a huge deal lol.

Comment

See, I agree that it's 2015, but Spotrac has it going until 2016.

Linval is a FA next year (Spotrac agrees), having signed a 4 year rookie deal. For comparison, JPP signed a 5 year deal, but they have that deal going to 2016.

It's no big deal though. Actually, it's a huge deal lol.
            It is his rookie deal and I believe they are only allowed to go 5 years max which would be 2015. Many are only 4 years which is why I was thinking it was 2014 but I checked rotoworld and they say 2015, and believe em.
            Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-05-2013, 12:19 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              I hope Tracy and/or Ojomo are his replacement(s)
              The fact that the Giants reportedly offered Osi $18M over 3 years to stay tells you what the Giants think of Tracy and Ojomo.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                The fact that the Giants reportedly offered Osi $18M over 3 years to stay tells you what the Giants think of Tracy and Ojomo.
                Yeah, it tells you that within the past year or two, the Giants felt Osi was worth 6 million per year.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  Well before we go trumpeting those numbers around we don't know what the terms of that offer were.

3/18 could have very well been with unlikely incentives (e.g. 16+ sacks per season) or totally back loaded (i.e. cap friendly cut numbers) which would have made it a very cheap one or two year deal for us.

Not to mention it's highly unlikely we offered him substantial guarantees to be a two down, non-starter.

Tracy has been working his way into the rotation. Ojomo is a complete question mark (past some highlights against 3rd teamers last preseason) as of this moment.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Well before we go trumpeting those numbers around we don't know what the terms of that offer were.
                    No, but what we do know is that this "3 year, 18 million dollar package" that was reportedly offered was done so in the past 1-2 years, not recently.

That contract, if formatted correctly, would have been justifiable after his 2010, and 2011 year.

Comment

No, but what we do know is that this "3 year, 18 million dollar package" that was reportedly offered was done so in the past 1-2 years, not recently.

That contract, if formatted correctly, would have been justifiable after his 2010, and 2011 year.
                      I only saw that it was offered ... I was under the impression that it was offered in 2012/13
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I only saw that it was offered ... I was under the impression that it was offered in 2012/13
                        No, that'd be a highly questionable report if that is what it claimed.

Comment

No, that'd be a highly questionable report if that is what it claimed.
                          http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/01/...w-york-giants/

Offered (reportedly) last off season.

Comment

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/01/...w-york-giants/

Offered (reportedly) last off season.
                            There you go, last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X