This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Oakland will apparently have $69 million in cap space next off-season. If Cruz wants to test the market, he could easily wind up there.

Surely the threat of becoming a Raider would provide impetus to sign the extension.
    LOL If they can't agree on a long term deal, Cruz will sign the tender. If he is Eli's most productive receiver for the third year in a row with over 1,000 yards and, say, 10-15 TDs Reese can apply the franchise tag. However, as John Mara has already said, if they can't come to a long term agreement, they will tender him and continue to negotiate during the season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Can a team make an offer to Cruz without the media finding out about it?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        That window is closing on April 19th.
        I'm pretty sure JJ meant next year. There is no chance in hell that Cruz will get the money his is looking for and a team surrendering their first round pick. Paying number one dollars to a slot receiver and giving up your first round draft pick is the type of deal that gets people fired...

This info guarentees that Cruz will be playing for the Giants this year.
        Last edited by JB456; 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
          Someone will pay him as a # 1 because his production is there. Cruz is an awesome talent, but I'm wary about giving that much money to one player outside of a QB who, if as good as Eli, will make almost double that.
          Haven't seen anyone offer him anything yet. It's down to 2 weeks now....and Cruz would be foolish to play for the tender.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
            Can a team make an offer to Cruz without the media finding out about it?
            Not for long. Once Cruz presents an offer to the Giants the NFL also gets involved. Leaks happen no matter what.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by JB456 View Post
              I'm pretty sure JJ meant next year. There is no chance in hell that Cruz will get the money his is looking for and a team surrendering their first round pick. Paying number one dollars to a slot receiver and giving up your first round draft pick is the type of deal that gets people fired...

He will be playing for the Giants in 2013. But it really is not known what Cruz's demand is and even if it's $15M it doesn't matter. What they will eventually accept is what counts.

Comment

• Lol I cant wait until he is signed, or traded or he signs his tender....

the amount of posts that will blow up this message board are going to be outrageous hahahah

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

• Originally posted by JB456 View Post

Agreed.

Comment

• Victor Cruz has become delusional!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                      Victor Cruz has become delusional!
                      this is how a negotiation goes one side (vic cruz rep's) throw out a ridiciolous offer. the other side (jr) tells them to go pound sand this is what your getting and it keeps going until they all agree on contract and live happily ever after
                      sigpic
                      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                        He deserves it.
                        hmm idk bud...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

• Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                          hmm idk bud...
                          How does he not deserve it?

Oh ..and deserve does not equal "get".
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                            I dont know, Im losing interest in this whole thing. He was supposedly a nobody from Patterson, now he's rocking all this bling and fashion-wear and joining Jay Z's agency? This doesnt really affect my opinion of him as a player, but it does make me lose a little respect for the guy as a person, which trickles a tiny bit to my overall view of him. My advice to Cruz would be to keep it simple and remember where you came from and what this organization has done for you.
                            he started a fashion company outside of football when he was still an NFL nobody. The guy has made some decent bucks the last few years and you expect him to not enjoy it???
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Cruz deserves whatever the market will bear.

/thread
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                They offered 7mil with 20 guaranteed. He wants 11 to 12 mil. So they will come back with 9.5mil and 30 guaranted and he will take it.....
                                We will not offer him $9.5m a year. $8m or just a hair higher at most.

Comment

Working...
                                X