This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because Nicks is the better receiver? When he's healthy, it's no brainer. I would rather pay and keep Nicks than Cruz..but Nicks HAS to stay healthy.
    is he? based on what? cruz can play the outside and has,,,I dont think its a no brainer at all,,cruz has put up bigger numbers than nicks, injuries or not. nicks will never stay healthy, he was oft injured at UNC, too, wasn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
      is he? based on what? cruz can play the outside and has,,,I dont think its a no brainer at all,,cruz has put up bigger numbers than nicks, injuries or not. nicks will never stay healthy, he was oft injured at UNC, too, wasn't he?
      Lol wow..you really want to go there?

Cruz is a special player, Cruz is a valuable asset to our offense, and I believe he'll strive in any offense.

Nicks is better than Cruz. Nicks is a physical player, and makes just as many big plays as Cruz. He had one of the best post season runs of ANY receiver. I don't think Cruz is just a slot guy, but I don't think he would dominate on the outside like Nicks would.
      Last edited by Rudy; 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Because Nicks is the better receiver? When he's healthy, it's no brainer. I would rather pay and keep Nicks than Cruz..but Nicks HAS to stay healthy.
        That phrase may as well be hyphened onto his surname.

It's always difficult with players like this. If Nicks manages a full season at close to 100%, then sure, pay him the world. But if he doesn't... I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

It's always difficult with players like this. If Nicks manages a full season at close to 100%, then sure, pay him the world. But if he doesn't... I don't know.
          We have to see if he stays healthy this season.

Even if he does, you still have that concern..I get it.

Comment

even when he does play the majority of the time it is at less than a hundred percent which actaully hurts the team because other teams simply double cruz because they dont have to worry about nicks..
            That is simply not true. Prior to this year, while Nicks has had his injury issues, he seldom played hurt to a degree that greatly affected his play on the field. This year that may have been the case, because both he and the team misplayed his knee injury, but it is not something that can paint a broad stroke over his career.

And even despite his injury issues, he is a more dominating receiver when 100% (which you can count on him being 90% of the time) than Cruz.

Comment

Lol wow..you really want to go there?
              cruz can flat out ball,,,and I will argue all day that cruz can do what nicks can do on the outside but nicks cant do what cruz does on the inside. injuries have to play a major role in this as well,,,,you can if all day,,,cruz has done it consistently. cruz is stuck right in the middle of slot receiver and a #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

If Nicks doesn't stay healthy, his value will probably drop from about $10m/yr to just a touch more than Cruz is like to get. If he has serious or lingering injury issues (like this year), then his value may drop lower, or he'll be offered a short term, lower value deal so he can reestablish his value.

Comment

cruz can flat out ball,,,and I will argue all day that cruz can do what nicks can do on the outside but nicks cant do what cruz does on the inside. injuries have to play a major role in this as well,,,,you can if all day,,,cruz has done it consistently. cruz is stuck right in the middle of slot receiver and a #1.
                  Cruz simply cannot do the things Nicks does on the outside. It isn't even a question to debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    That is simply not true. Prior to this year, while Nicks has had his injury issues, he seldom played hurt to a degree that greatly affected his play on the field. This year that may have been the case, because both he and the team misplayed his knee injury, but it is not something that can paint a broad stroke over his career.

And even despite his injury issues, he is a more dominating receiver when 100% (which you can count on him being 90% of the time) than Cruz.
                    I am talking about this past year and he didnt dominate anything and was a detriment to the offense,,,not sure what you are watching....nicks is dominant, when healthy, unfortunatley he seems to always have a nagging injury. cruz is dominant as well and has taken games over as well. giants dont win the last superbowl without his play making ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Cruz simply cannot do the things Nicks does on the outside. It isn't even a question to debate.
                      well,,then why cant he? and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                        can't blame cruz when scrubs like desean jackson got paid big money.
                        We only need to look at our own roster to make a case for paying Cruz. Antrel Rolle is slated to make $7 mil this year and the next. I'm a Rolle fan, but Cruz deserves to be paid more than him.

Comment

Consistently? What about last year when he was leading the league in drops at one point? When has Nicks ever led the league in drops? There when I asked was Cruz even focused. Nicks works hard and you can see it on the field. Don't let the salsa dance fool you..

Comment

well,,then why cant he? and vice versa.
                            Because he isn't as physically dominant as Nicks. Nicks is a special player on the outsid

Comment

Consistently? What about last year when he was leading the league in drops at one point? When has Nicks ever led the league in drops? There when I asked was Cruz even focused. Nicks works hard and you can see it on the field. Don't let the salsa dance fool you..
                              Yes, Cruz has consistently had 10+ drops both years he's played meaningful football in the NFL.

Comment

I am talking about this past year and he didnt dominate anything and was a detriment to the offense,,,not sure what you are watching....nicks is dominant, when healthy, unfortunatley he seems to always have a nagging injury. cruz is dominant as well and has taken games over as well. giants dont win the last superbowl without his play making ability.
                                If Cruz is so dominant, then why did..over and over and OVER again drop the ball for the same reason? Or alligator a catch?

Comment

Working...
                                X