X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Cruz, let's draft Tavon Austin

Comment

• Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
      Agreed. You have to draw the line somewhere. Cruz at this point doesn't have a leg to stand on. We are giving him the best offer that many other teams aren't willing to match or exceed.
      Other teams won't match because they have to give up a first round draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by uther99 View Post
        That's probably true, but Condon would be foolish not to wait for the offer sheet deadline to pass.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          That's probably true, but Condon would be foolish not to wait for the offer sheet deadline to pass.
          That is so simple and logical.....it can't possibly work!
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Agree 100%. My point was that other teams have more than money to kick into the pot here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
              That is so simple and logical.....it can't possibly work!
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Whatev..............!

Comment

• Originally posted by uther99 View Post
                  Or they have decided not to go after other team's RFA's. Yes, I am speculating about collusion.

Let the fun begin again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    Or they have decided not to go after other team's RFA's. Yes, I am speculating about collusion.

Let the fun begin again!
                    No RFA first round tender has been offered a sheet since 2003. That's a lot of cellulite

Comment

No RFA first round tender has been offered a sheet since 2003. That's a lot of cellulite
                      Exactly my friend, and if that doesn't prove there's collusion, nothing does!

Incidentally, I think the Redskins went after Laveranues Coles. Figures it was the Jets that got dissed.

Comment

Exactly my friend, and if that doesn't prove there's collusion, nothing does!

Incidentally, I think the Redskins went after Laveranues Coles. Figures it was the Jets that got dissed.
                        I think you're right, on both counts. That's why the Pats taking Ballard was so poorly received as there was the "unwritten" agreement not to tkae an injured player off waivers.

Comment

Let the fun begin again!
                          Interesting, I was naive in thinking that the system was reasonable, but you've opened my eyes. Players has even less leverage

Comment

I think you're right, on both counts. That's why the Pats taking Ballard was so poorly received as there was the "unwritten" agreement not to tkae an injured player off waivers.
                            Well, everyone knows Bill Belichick is a ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Explain how "NFL sources" would have any information about confidential negotiations. Answer: They don't. The only information would come from either the Giants camp or the Cruz camp. And I doubt they are talking in any way other than to try to sway public opinion.
                              "NFL sources" would have no information more than any of us would.
                              Who do you think these NFL sources could be? They could be from either's camp who has knowledge of the negotiation. People could easily leak this. Not that it never happened before as you said to sway people's opinion. As I said the Lebron debacle was a perfect example of it. After all the dust settled, the unnamed sources turned out to be his handlers. They had to leak who Lebron decided to pick before the live decision because it was causing so much negativity and backlash. When Oprah interviewed Lance Armstrong, it leaked that he was going to confess after they taped the interview and even weeks before the interview there was already a report that he was about to confess because he wanted to compete in pro sports. It's like the rumor about Peyton Manning getting let go by the Colts and it became a bunch of speculation for a while until it actually happened. All unnamed sources leaking this, no official statement until it happened. Same thing that there's a rumor that someone will come out in the NFL and everybody reported it. These sources just because they are unnamed don't mean they're not credible and if you want to be a credible paper, you need to have credible reports coming from credible sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                                No, I'm not kidding. I can say an "unnamed source" told me that AllHailEli has a disturbing ice cream fetish. Does that make it fact?

RF already explained to you what's going on. It was in English and fairly easy to understand. You, and posters like you, are looking for a reason to *****. Posters like you are the reason the media gets away with passing off rumors as "news".
                                Are you credible and do you work for a credible paper? Are you telling me when this is all settled anyone will come out and admit what Cruz was actually looking for? You think Cruz will come out after he signs what the price he was really looking for? He'll come to find out his base salary will be based off of Welker and no one is giving a first round to give him a $10m a year. But there's no way in hell he'll admit he's looking for $10m but can't get it, unless he actually gets it. C'mon. Giants offered $7m after months of negotiations, they hit an impasse because they decided to let him test free agency. If the gap is not wide, then how far off is $7m seriously to what he's looking for? Someone can come to some sensible deduction about this. No need to wait for someone to admit the truth and make an official statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X