This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Are you credible and do you work for a credible paper? Are you telling me when this is all settled anyone will come out and admit what Cruz was actually looking for? You think Cruz will come out after he signs what the price he was really looking for? He'll come to find out his base salary will be based off of Welker and no one is giving a first round to give him a $10m a year. But there's no way in hell he'll admit he's looking for $10m but can't get it, unless he actually gets it. C'mon. Giants offered $7m after months of negotiations, they hit an impasse because they decided to let him test free agency. If the gap is not wide, then how far off is $7m seriously to what he's looking for? Someone can come to some sensible deduction about this. No need to wait for someone to admit the truth and make an official statement.
    I see words here, but all I read is "baaaaaaaaa".

You've had it explained to you numerous times, by several differnt posters, in logical and simple language.

Cruz's agent would not being doing the job he's hired to do if he didn't try and get what's best for his client. Currently, that window is still open. After the 19th, and no ther offers, he will sign a contract that will be pretty close to the one offered by the Giants, Making Cruz out to be a bad guy in this is illogical and ignorant. Especially based on "unnamed sources".

Now, I will politely remove myself from this conversation as it appears it will continue to be an exercise in futility.
    Last edited by FBomb; 04-05-2013, 10:03 PM.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      If it's on the internet, it has to be true, I forgot.
      No, it was reported by NY Daily News and picked up by other media outlets including NFL.com and cbssports.com. Let's see how true that other part of the story is they're speculating -- Cruz joining Jay-Z's new venture. That looks like that one is actually true. When it comes to sports, I tend to believe the NY papers because they're covering the local sports and they usually have a good track record, and obviously have relationships/leads around the people they're covering.

Comment

No, it was reported by NY Daily News and picked up by other media outlets including NFL.com and cbssports.com. Let's see how true that other part of the story is they're speculating -- Cruz joining Jay-Z's new venture. That looks like that one is actually true. When it comes to sports, I tend to believe the NY papers because they're covering the local sports and they usually have a good track record, and obviously have relationships/leads around the people they're covering.
        What, exactly, are they reporting? That Cruz wants the best deal he can get or are they making more than it actually is? It's called sensationalism and it's done to sell papers. I was in the business and I know how it works,,,,,,and people like you are WHY it works. It's why I got OUT of the business. Zero integrity.

Now you have a bad taste in your mouth about Cruz,,,,,which will disappear the second he produces on the field for the Giants next year. Makling these stories and your opinion of them completly irrelevant.

I understand the "Osi hate"....I was part of that too....but Cruz has been nothing but cordial and complementary to the organization.

Comment

• Magnets.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
            I see words here, but all I read is "baaaaaaaaa".

You've had it explained to you numerous times, by several differnt posters, in logical and simple language.

Cruz's agent would not being doing the job he's hired to do if he didn't try and get what's best for his client. Currently, that window is still open. After the 19th, and no ther offers, he will sign a contract that will be pretty close to the one offered by the Giants, Making Cruz out to be a bad guy in this is illogical and ignorant. Especially based on "unnamed sources".

Now, I will politely remove myself from this conversation as it appears it will continue to be an exercise in futility.
            Feeling is mutual. You don't make sense either to me. Just because I tend to believe this story that Cruz was looking for $10m does not mean this story had no legs to stand on or this is just pure untruth. And please don't push your opinion to me because it's my prerogative to believe what I want to believe. Unless you're trying to brainwash people, and don't want them to think for themselves, sorry to disappoint but you are not swaying my opinion.

Comment

Feeling is mutual. You don't make sense either to me. Just because I tend to believe this story that Cruz was looking for $10m does not mean this story had no legs to stand on or this is just pure untruth. And please don't push your opinion to me because it's my prerogative to believe what I want to believe. Unless you're trying to brainwash people, and don't want them to think for themselves, sorry to disappoint but you are not swaying my opinion.
              Not trying to change your opinion......Just making fun of it. "baaaaaaaaaa'

Comment

What, exactly, are they reporting? That Cruz wants the best deal he can get or are they making more than it actually is? It's called sensationalism and it's done to sell papers. I was in the business and I know how it works,,,,,,and people like you are WHY it works. It's why I got OUT of the business. Zero integrity.

Now you have a bad taste in your mouth about Cruz,,,,,which will disappear the second he produces on the field for the Giants next year. Makling these stories and your opinion of them completly irrelevant.

I understand the "Osi hate"....I was part of that too....but Cruz has been nothing but cordial and complementary to the organization.
                Didn't you read the story? I posted an excerpt. We can't keep circling back and forth on this. There's a wide gap between the Giants offer and Cruz's asking price, forcing the Giants to give him a tender to test free agency. Do I believe there is a wide gap? Yes, because the Giants offer is at $7m and they ended up letting him test free agency. Do I believe it's a ridiculous money he's asking for? For the Giants, yes! Do I believe it's around $10m? Yes!

Comment

Didn't you read the story? I posted an excerpt. We can't keep circling back and forth on this. There's a wide gap between the Giants offer and Cruz's asking price, forcing the Giants to give him a tender to test free agency. Do I believe there is a wide gap? Yes, because the Giants offer is at $7m and they ended up letting him test free agency. Do I believe it's a ridiculous money he's asking for? For the Giants, yes! Do I believe it's around $10m? Yes!
                  "baaaaaaa"

Comment

"baaaaaaa"
                    And I wonder why this message board has barely any members compared to say Pats who in normal days have thousands of people online. Ugh!

Comment

And I wonder why this message board has barely any members compared to say Pats who in normal days have thousands of people online. Ugh!
                      I'm sure they have room for one more sensitive poster who hates having his opinion challanged. You've ignored the logical posts.....this is all that's left.

"baaaaaaa'

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Please read this: Cruz fired his original agent to hire one who would "work more closely with the Giants." That turned out to be Tom Condon of powerhouse CAA. Today, it is reported, that Roc Nation is now AFFILIATED with CAA and Tom Condon will continue to represent Cruz's football interests while Roc Nation may or will handle his non-football interests.

The "former agent" demanding $10-11M was the agent prior to Condon.

No one really knows what the demand was before Condon and we sure don't know what it is with Condon. We do know Cruz tweeted yeaterday not to believe what we hear and I would guess that came after some news clown said they were going to press and wanted Victor to have something to say. Cruz had to say don't believe what you hear.

This is a typical contract negotiation, process wise. The only major differences are the amount of obscene money and the fact that's it's a one person contract.
                        ok Thanks for clarifieng

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                          ok Thanks for clarifieng
                          I mean thnaks for clarifying

Comment

I'm sure they have room for one more sensitive poster who hates having his opinion challanged.
                            That was the problem -- were you challenging or mocking? But hey, it took me a while to join this MB after just being an observer and I'm realizing why. I guess I just got too excited when they made their run in 2012 to finally join. Ugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                              I mean thnaks for clarifying
                              I mean thanks for clarifying

Comment

I'm sure they have room for one more sensitive poster who hates having his opinion challanged. You've ignored the logical posts.....this is all that's left.

"baaaaaaa'
                                I'd say you are doing MS proud with his debates with 42o.

Comment

Working...
                                X