This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    you answered your own question RF...If Eli doesn't get the ball in a place where the receiver can come down and make a move good chance he gets tackled or his head taken off ..... without Eli, Cruz would be nothing....you know this ....
    Oy
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigblueirish View Post
      I'm pretty disappointed with Victor. I know football is a business and that it is all about the money, but the Giants offer is fair and I would not offer him more. A little loyalty would be nice for a change. I hope he enjoys watching the Giants in the Super Bowl while sits at home .
      Loyalty is a fan sentiment
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
        He deserves it.
        i find a hard time saying anyone "Deserves" that amount of money to play football, or any sport really

as far as Cruz goes, he is asking far too much for a team he supposedly loves,

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
          i find a hard time saying anyone "Deserves" that amount of money to play football, or any sport really
          Athletes deserve it due to the amount of money they generate for their respective leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Question: I'm not sure I follow the QB/YAC connection. Answer: I agree Eli needs to be mindful of where he puts the ball to maximize YAC.
            There you go.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              There you go.
              I really don't think Eli has a lot of control when it comes to YAC...
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                I really don't think Eli has a lot of control when it comes to YAC...
                Because your concept of YAC are heroic individual efforts, which pad stats as well. I don't care to go into much detail with this notion, but here's an example:

If that ball isn't placed at that exact spot, then Cruz is either:

1.) Catching it while in the defenders arms.

or

2.) Outstretched, with momentum to carry him out of bounds.

Comment

• Eh. Not necessarily exact, there is some margin for error.

Comment

Because your concept of YAC are heroic individual efforts, which pad stats as well. I don't care to go into much detail with this notion, but here's an example:

If that ball isn't placed at that exact spot, then Cruz is either:

1.) Catching it while in the defenders arms.

or

2.) Outstretched, with momentum to carry him out of bounds.
                    That is on the receiver to decide which direction he's going to shift, juking out other guys, making a spin move to avoid tackles to get more YAC, etc. I'm pretty sure Eli isn't calculating how much YAC a receiver is going to get when he throws.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Eli isn't calculating how much YAC a receiver is going to get when he throws.
                      You're "pretty sure?" I'm positive he isn't. But make no mistake that Eli tries to throw the ball to maximize YAC, and take the receiver where he wants to go.

And notice that on this play juking, spinning, and avoiding tackles is not even a factor. Cruz is led to the sideline where there is a lane, and he takes it the distance.

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
                      That's fine, it goes against conventionally held beliefs.

Comment

You're "pretty sure?" I'm positive he isn't. But make no mistake that Eli tries to throw the ball to maximize YAC, and take the receiver where he wants to go. And notice that on this play juking, spinning, and avoiding tackles is not even a factor. Cruz is led to the sideline where there is a lane, and he takes it the distance.That's fine, it goes against conventionally held beliefs.
                        Sure, he's led to the sideline. I'm sure that was the original play. Him going up the field is on Cruz, not Eli.

Comment

Him going up the field is on Cruz, not Eli.
                          Okay, and him even having the opportunity to go upfield is attributed to Eli.

Comment

Okay, and him even having the opportunity to go upfield is attributed to Eli.
                            Uh, a very slim slim slim amount..

Comment

Uh, a very slim slim slim amount..
                              You're right. If he threw that to Cruz's back shoulder, the result would have been the same.

Comment

• Eli's ball placement helps Cruz get his YAC. Yes, Cruz is extremely shifty but a lot of his big plays come from a well placed pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X