This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
    Eli's ball placement helps Cruz get his YAC. Yes, Cruz is extremely shifty but a lot of his big plays come from a well placed pass.
    Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying. I'm not discrediting Cruz for his individual efforts on plays, and his elusiveness. I'm merely saying that the QB's affect on YAC is severely understated.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Newton's third law

Comment

• So Cruz 99 yard touched should be acredited to Eli? Cruz avoided two defenders (Should have been tackled at the 10 yard line). But Cruz is shifty and quickly escaped the tackle...The QB throws the pass, he doesn't do the extra stuff.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          So Cruz 99 yard touched should be acredited to Eli? Cruz avoided two defenders (Should have been tackled at the 10 yard line). But Cruz is shifty and quickly escaped the tackle...The QB throws the pass, he doesn't do the extra stuff.
          OMG:

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Because your concept of YAC are heroic individual efforts

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            OMG:
            No.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
              Be realistic. Would you rather sign Dwayne Bowe for Dwayne Bowe money OR Cruz for Bowe money. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
              Well Bowe is more like Nicks, so probably Cruz. But if I factually knew Bowe could play at a high level in this system, then I'd take him because of the upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiIdcat View Post
                He deserves it.
                Not that much. I think the 7 million a year he's being offered is more then fair to play for a championship contender. He's being ridiculous. Sorry to be the one to point this out, but he didn't have 1500 yards last year. He had 1000. He wasn't nearly as good when Nicks was hurt and defenses could lock down on him. 10-11 million a year would make him the highest paid wide out in the NFL. He's not the best in the NFL. So no, he doesn't deserve that much.

If he wants to go to a garbage team that's willing to over pay to fill the stands then that's on him but he'll never make that much for a contending NFL team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  So Cruz 99 yard touched should be acredited to Eli? Cruz avoided two defenders (Should have been tackled at the 10 yard line). But Cruz is shifty and quickly escaped the tackle...The QB throws the pass, he doesn't do the extra stuff.
                  You point out 1 catch that helps to prove your point.... Seems lagit.

Comment

• Originally posted by 22for25 View Post
                    You can't possibly deny Cruz is explosive after the catch.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Victor is a great little WR, but not worth $10M per year. Trade him now for a first round pick this season and get another WR, like Tavon Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                        Trade him now for a first round pick this season and get another WR, like Tavon Austin.
                        Why would a trade garner more interest than acquisition via RFA? It's essentially the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                          Victor is a great little WR, but not worth $10M per year. Trade him now for a first round pick this season and get another WR, like Tavon Austin.
                          You clearly don't understand RFA
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Well, to be fair, I only pointed out one catch, too.

Comment

Would you like more points?

Comment

• We are not the Kansas City Chiefs and do not OVERPAY our players, Cruz will soon find out, as did Smith, Boss, Osi, and anyone else that thinks otherwise. On another note, what team out there is going to pay Cruz ten million plus for his services, he is NOT a number one receiver, people need to realize and so does Cruz that he is a top SLOT receiver, not a go to number one. Nicks on the other hand is a true number one receiver and with him on the field it opens up everything else for the rest of the receivers, I don't know what games some of you where watching, but when Nicks did not play, Cruz's numbers dropped big time, a number one receiver opens up everything up for everyone else, and Cruz did not do that for the other receivers when Nicks was out, if the Giants give Cruz more that ten million "which will never happen", then they will have to pay Nicks more than that, and that is not happening, during our SB run it was Nicks who tore up the field to our fourth SB trophy, not Cruz.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X