This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I'm officially on the "let Cruz play for 2.8 mil then seeee yaa" train. Enough of this greed! Was nice knowing ya Victor
    Well,theres another problem.I agree we should pay cruz,but not like that.No way,10 mil a year,screw that.Now what happens to nicks next year,,,is he going to pull the same crap.I still think cruz will give in finally,before or on the 19th. If not,oh well.If we do sign cruz,say 7 mil a year,what will nicks want next year?
    Someone needs to make a custom madden cover with cruz on the cover,holding up money being greedy lol.
    '"Respect All,Fear none'''

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      So Cruz 99 yard touched should be acredited to Eli? Cruz avoided two defenders (Should have been tackled at the 10 yard line). But Cruz is shifty and quickly escaped the tackle...The QB throws the pass, he doesn't do the extra stuff.
      an example is the GW TD vs Washington the first go round. He takes a shot in the grill while releasing, but basically puts the ball on Cruz's numbers/hip on the go route. If that ball is placed inside, or outside his shoulder, or if he has to slow down bc its underthrown or try to dive bc its overthrown, a TD and the YAC don't occur.
      There are tons of examples of this throughout the season. I get that you don't want to attribute the YAC to the QB on things like a bubble screen or some quick 5 yard out that cruz takes and does a ton of shaking and baking, but those plays are way in the minority compared to the number of plays that the YAC are possible bc of the downfield pass accuracy.

And, for the record, that 99 yd TD to cruz, yes, part of that does need to be credited to the QB. If you actually rewatch the play, notice how the ball placement is what actually gets Cromartie and that other DB all screwed up...after the first 2 defenders missed, the rest was all on Cruz, yes. But that throw threw Cruz into the initial YAC he got...but him sprinting down the sideline and hurdling the defender, obviously that was all Cruz's individual ability but in order to get to that situation, the QB absolutely had to play a part in the YAC. If Eli throws it up high or inside Cruz, that 99 yd TD play never happens and Cruz never even gets into the open field

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        an example is the GW TD vs Washington the first go round. He takes a shot in the grill while releasing, but basically puts the ball on Cruz's numbers/hip on the go route. If that ball is placed inside, or outside his shoulder, or if he has to slow down bc its underthrown or try to dive bc its overthrown, a TD and the YAC don't occur. There are tons of examples of this throughout the season. I get that you don't want to attribute the YAC to the QB on things like a bubble screen or some quick 5 yard out that cruz takes and does a ton of shaking and baking, but those plays are way in the minority compared to the number of plays that the YAC are possible bc of the downfield pass accuracy.And, for the record, that 99 yd TD to cruz, yes, part of that does need to be credited to the QB. If you actually rewatch the play, notice how the ball placement is what actually gets Cromartie and that other DB all screwed up...after the first 2 defenders missed, the rest was all on Cruz, yes. But that throw threw Cruz into the initial YAC he got...but him sprinting down the sideline and hurdling the defender, obviously that was all Cruz's individual ability but in order to get to that situation, the QB absolutely had to play a part in the YAC. If Eli throws it up high or inside Cruz, that 99 yd TD play never happens and Cruz never even gets into the open field
        You are talking about ball placement for Cruz to make the catch. I'm talking about what Cruz decides to do afterward that leads to YAC. For example, in Cruz' first game against the Eagles, Cruz breaks not one, but two tackles. That has to do with shiftiness and the ability to break tackles..not ball placement.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatone80 View Post
          Well,theres another problem.I agree we should pay cruz,but not like that.No way,10 mil a year,screw that.Now what happens to nicks next year,,,is he going to pull the same crap.I still think cruz will give in finally,before or on the 19th. If not,oh well.If we do sign cruz,say 7 mil a year,what will nicks want next year?
          Someone needs to make a custom madden cover with cruz on the cover,holding up money being greedy lol.
          Why is he greedy?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            You clearly don't understand RFA
            Oh, I absolutely do understand.....trade him now, or he plays one year and leaves anyway. Reese is not stupid, and he will get something for Cruz before he leaves. He might trade after the draft for a 2014 first round pick, but entering the season without Cruz signed long- term will not happen....the Giants will trade him first, even if that means a 2nd round pick, instead of a 1st round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
              Oh, I absolutely do understand.....trade him now, or he plays one year and leaves anyway. Reese is not stupid, and he will get something for Cruz before he leaves. He might trade after the draft for a 2014 first round pick, but entering the season without Cruz signed long- term will not happen....the Giants will trade him first, even if that means a 2nd round pick, instead of a 1st round pick.
              Can you trade a player not under contract?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Why is he greedy?
                Ok,greedy is a little strong.I dont blame him for trying to get all the money he can,but when you see guys taking a paycut and stuff for the bigger picture,maybe its not a good idea to 'demand' or asking more money.I still think the 7 mil deal is good.Cruz has to know the giants are cap tight,and they are doing everything they can to sign him.10 mil a year,,,im against that.

Comment

Ok,greedy is a little strong.I dont blame him for trying to get all the money he can,but when you see guys taking a paycut and stuff for the bigger picture,maybe its not a good idea to 'demand' or asking more money.I still think the 7 mil deal is good.Cruz has to know the giants are cap tight,and they are doing everything they can to sign him.10 mil a year,,,im against that.
                  At the risk of redundancy, it's a typical contract negotiation. Nothing has "happened", except for knowing the Giants' offers is in the $7M neighborhood, we don't know what Cruz is "demanding" and we never have. But he has the right to negotiate the best deal he can as does every other player in the NFL. It doesn't matter what he's asking for, it doesn't matter what the Giants' offer is. What matters is what they agree on an d we seem to not be there yet and we won't be before April 19th.

Comment

At the risk of redundancy, it's a typical contract negotiation. Nothing has "happened", except for knowing the Giants' offers is in the $7M neighborhood, we don't know what Cruz is "demanding" and we never have. But he has the right to negotiate the best deal he can as does every other player in the NFL. It doesn't matter what he's asking for, it doesn't matter what the Giants' offer is. What matters is what they agree on an d we seem to not be there yet and we won't be before April 19th.
                    You know,thanks.Your words make sense,im just sick of the whole thing and miss football.I hate to see the giants overpay for him,leaving us nothing,but hate more to see the guy leave too.Its fustrating.Good luck reese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                      You are completely delusional.

Cruz has very little leverage now, and will have ZERO leverage after the 19th. It would be foolish to play for the tendered amount and risk getting nothing if he gets injured. After the 19th Cruz will sign his new contract with the Giants.

After his first Salsa dance in the endzone, all of the idiotic "Cruz is greedy" posters will finally shut up.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

To be clear....the players that are "taking paycuts" are doing so to save from being cut. It has nothing to do with any "bigger picture" nonsense.

Comment

You know,thanks.Your words make sense,im just sick of the whole thing and miss football.I hate to see the giants overpay for him,leaving us nothing,but hate more to see the guy leave too.Its fustrating.Good luck reese.
                          Until we actually know something, it might just be best to let the process handle itself. Reese and Condon are two of the best in the business and if anyone can get a deal done, it's them. Mara and Tisch have said having Codon on board as Cruz's agent was a positive sign, let's keep good thoughts until we have a reason to know otherwise. If they can't agree on a long term deal now, John Mara has already said they will continue to work on that during the season. There are risks doing that on both sides, but far more on Cruz's side.

If anyone is worried that Reese will overpay, they can stop worrying.

Comment

Until we actually know something, it might just be best to let the process handle itself. Reese and Condon are two of the best in the business and if anyone can get a deal done, it's them. Mara and Tisch have said having Codon on board as Cruz's agent was a positive sign, let's keep good thoughts until we have a reason to know otherwise. If they can't agree on a long term deal now, John Mara has already said they will continue to work on that during the season. There are risks doing that on both sides, but far more on Cruz's side.

If anyone is worried that Reese will overpay, they can stop worrying.
                            lol....I love you RF. But "keeping good thoughts until we reasons to know otherwise" is a VERY tall order for this board. We LOVE going off half-****ed on nothing more than a rumor.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                              lol....I love you RF. But "keeping good thoughts until we reasons to know otherwise" is a VERY tall order for this board. We LOVE going off half-****ed on nothing more than a rumor.
                              I know, I was trying to cheer me up. Some of our colleagues must think Dewey was elected

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                You are talking about ball placement for Cruz to make the catch. I'm talking about what Cruz decides to do afterward that leads to YAC. For example, in Cruz' first game against the Eagles, Cruz breaks not one, but two tackles. That has to do with shiftiness and the ability to break tackles..not ball placement.
                                Didn't you know that it's Eli's ball placement that allows Cruz to best utilize his shiftiness?

Comment

Working...
                                X