This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
    He has until the 19th. Would you not wait to see what, if any, other offers come? There is nothing wrong with what Cruz is doing or has done. NOTHING.
    I never said there was. Read the post in context before jamming the shift key.

I was only explaining how fans could be put off by the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Nothing wrong with it at all.

Just points to the fact that Cruz might be a bit more interested in his next contract than with staying with the Giants.
      OR...he may be trying to get leverage in a situation where he has very little.
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        You aren't giving him a dime
        Well technically I am because Reese/Mara get their money from me and other fans who buy merch, attend games, and watch them on TV

Lol I guess I should've said "if I was Reese" but I really don't thinkn he should get more than 8.5 tops, 9 or higher would be kind of ridiculous but the deals other WR's are getting right now definitely don't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          I never said there was. Read the post in context before jamming the shift key.

I was only explaining how fans could be put off by the situation.
          And those would be the media sheep who have no say in this toi begin with. Other than..."baaaaaaaaaa"

Comment

OR...he may be trying to get leverage in a situation where he has very little.
            Sure ... but if Cruz doesn't know, Tom Condon sure should be able to clue him in on that fact that the Giants rarely (ever under Reese?) raise their initial offer.

I understand the vagueries of negotiating an NFL contract (somewhat) ... it just seems to me that Cruz is getting large dollar signs in his eyes based on what guys like Bowe and Harvin got (both of whom he easily out produced). And I highly doubt the Giants go anywhere near those numbers.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

He still has til the 19th. Are you saying the Giants are not going to try and match an offer if one should happen to come?
              I'm trying to point out in a reasonable way ( obviously all speculations like you said ) that he probably isn't going to get and offers from other team by this time in FA when all " top " WR's have been signed already with out the need to trade a 1st and hand out a HUGE deal Cruz is seeking.
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

At this point I am tired of Cruz, he has squandered any goodwill I had towards him with how he has carried himself during this. He has bitten the hand that feeds him and he'll end up making less in the long run due to this extremely foolish short-sighted money grab. We all saw that he wasnt capable of being a #1 receiver, this team would not be better having him signed for that ridiculous figure tying up all the cap space. Trade him somewhere else and let him Steve Smith his way into obscurity and watch his endorsement deals fade quickly out of sight because the whole good guy nature he once had has now turned into typical primma donna wide receiver BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  Sure ... but if Cruz doesn't know, Tom Condon sure should be able to clue him in on that fact that the Giants rarely (ever under Reese?) raise their initial offer.

I understand the vagueries of negotiating an NFL contract (somewhat) ... it just seems to me that Cruz is getting large dollar signs in his eyes based on what guys like Bowe and Harvin got (both of whom he easily out produced). And I highly doubt the Giants go anywhere near those numbers.
                  And if they don't, they don't. It would be a HUGE mistake on Cruz's part to play one year under the tender. I believe he will get no other offers better than the Giants and he will sign the deal offered. But he has until the 19th. Getting bent before then based on notrhing but speculation is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by wayoutwest View Post
                    Where are you getting "FORMER AGENT" from? I do not see that anywhere.
                    He just copied and pasted the article. That was the writer's oversight (which has since been corrected).

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                      Well technically I am because Reese/Mara get their money from me and other fans who buy merch, attend games, and watch them on TV

Lol I guess I should've said "if I was Reese" but I really don't thinkn he should get more than 8.5 tops, 9 or higher would be kind of ridiculous but the deals other WR's are getting right now definitely don't help.
                      Here's the problem, We, the all knowing fans, don't KNOW ****. We get spoon fed speculation by the media heads who, while admitting they don't know tell us what it is they don't know all in the same sentence.

Every player in the NFL is entitled to negotiate his contract. That's what Cruz is doing. Call it posturing, call it strategy, call it whatever you want. He is entitled to get the best deal he can. That's what's going on, no more and no less.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by bg79 View Post
                        At this point I am tired of Cruz, he has squandered any goodwill I had towards him with how he has carried himself during this. He has bitten the hand that feeds him and he'll end up making less in the long run due to this extremely foolish short-sighted money grab. We all saw that he wasnt capable of being a #1 receiver, this team would not be better having him signed for that ridiculous figure tying up all the cap space. Trade him somewhere else and let him Steve Smith his way into obscurity and watch his endorsement deals fade quickly out of sight because the whole good guy nature he once had has now turned into typical primma donna wide receiver BS.
                        Dumbest post in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          He just copied and pasted the article. That was the writer's oversight (which has since been corrected).
                          And look at the fallout the write created with his "oversight."
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            I'm trying to point out in a reasonable way ( obviously all speculations like you said ) that he probably isn't going to get and offers from other team by this time in FA when all " top " WR's have been signed already with out the need to trade a 1st and hand out a HUGE deal Cruz is seeking.
                            I agree. I don't think there will be any offers better than the Giants.....but I'm sure the Giants are prepared to match a reasonable offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              And look at the fallout the write created with his "oversight."
                              Amazing how some journalists even get hired.

Comment

• Alright ladies, I think there is two separate issues going on here:

What he "deserves"and what he's probably going to get are two separate issues.

As most of you all know, I love my soon to be husband Victor Cruz. Do I think he deserves $10 mill? Sure, look at the numbers he's put up. Yeah, he didn't have a flashy 2012 season, but neither did a lot of guys on our team. Doesn't make sense to pin him for that.

HOWEVER, that does not mean he is getting that amount from the Giants. As a matter of fact, I would rather keep Nicks, than pay one player that amount of money. As you all know, we are very tight in cap space, and it's just going to get tighter in the future. We have Nicks contract to deal and sort out, and before you know it, JPP and Randle's, as well as David Wilsons.

The Giants simply do not have that kind of money to give to Cruz in 2014. I have no doubt in my mind that he will play in 2013. However, If he seriously wants to stay with us, he will have to think 5-8 million..or the $7 million 3 year contract we laid out for him.

In conclusion, I love Victor Cruz, I do not think he's just a "slot" guy, and he helps our offense tremendously...but the Giants do not and will not give out that type of money to him..especially in the condition we are in now in terms of cap space.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X