Why in the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why in the world

Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?

Why are we worried about their moves?
    sigpic

Comment

advantage dream team..

Comment

Depth? Camp bodies? Just a guess...
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Im confused you think Mike patterson and cullen jenkins are gonna be camp bodies? Jenkins will be our starting tackle next to canty and patterson will most likely rotate in. Gmen like many teams rotate their tackles and pattersone (a former first rounder is stout against the run) - while jenkins is very very good at getting pressure up the middle on the pass.

The giants going after two tackles after letting canty move on has zero to do with the eagles or kenny phillips. Both of these guys could be very nice pieces up the middle where we struggles last year.

Comment

I liked Canty a lot, but I think our interior D-Line will actually be decent...now the Backers and Corners?

weeelllllll

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Sometimes guys get let go to make room for youth or cap space. KP was let go basically.

Comment

Originally posted by syrup View Post
                Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?
                one man's trash is another man's treasure

Comment

We got a Redskin cast off and he turned out to be pretty good. 58 helped us get #3.

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
                    We got a Redskin cast off and he turned out to be pretty good. 58 helped us get #3.
                    yea Antonio Pierce was the Real Deal
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                      Depth? Camp bodies? Just a guess...
                      This my my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        advantage dream team..
                        nah,,advantage giants. these guys wont be playing in the wide 9 junk which should increase their productivity. phillips is another knee injury away from being done.

Comment

Whether or not our 2 new DT's help or hurt will come in time but one thing for sure- this team has to do something about its lack of presence in the defensive middle. Every team knew thay could get 1 or 2 on 3rd or 4th if needed; and every team did that when it called for it. As much as the Giants tried to make CC a 4-3 DT he just wasn't stout enough at that spot. At least now we have 5-6 honest DTs on the roster, no wanna be's. Lets see what else JR has up his sleeve! Go Giants!

Comment

Before picking these guys up they where extremely thin at DT. Now they have some competition heading into camp.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              yea Antonio Pierce was the Real Deal
                              what no love for Double-Nicks, (Lavar Arrington)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                              X