This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but every player on this team has flaws to their game them, and we can easily argue whether or not their pay is commensurate with their salary.
    However, this conversation is about Cruz, and right now about his drops in particular. It has nothing to do with any other player or what their pay is.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
      Cruz has not led the league in drops in either of the last two seasons.

Last year Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, and Brandon Marshall all had more drops than Cruz.

In 2011 Wes Welker, Roddy White, and Brandon Marshall all had more drops than Cruz.
      So, just because some other good receivers have had more drops that means we should ignore Cruz' drops?

That's a lot like saying that just because some celebrities have a drug problem that yours isn't a big deal (hypothetically speaking of course; I'm not actually trying to imply that you have a drug problem).

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
        It doesn't matter what the statistics say about these other receivers. Cruz needs to focus more on catching the football. For 2 season's in a row he's had the habit of taking his eyes off of the ball too soon, and it's resulted in a lot of easy catches that were dropped. . It's an area that Cruz needs to be more consistent in.
        On this we agree.

Comment

The issue is drops/targets. Cruz's rate isn't any higher than the best WR in the game, and with Cruz's production it is an overblown issue.
          The issue is drops. I could give a crap about how many drops other receivers have. Cruz drops too many and needs to work on it. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Eh, I don't think that his drops are due to a lack of focus . . . . more likely a focus on where he's going to run after the catch instead of focusing on just making the catch. To me, that's different than a "lack of focus". More like just focusing on the wrong thing for a split second.
            No, that is the definition of lack of focus. He's taking his focus off of securing the ball and shifting it elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
              The issue is drops. I could give a crap about how many drops other receivers have. Cruz drops too many and needs to work on it. End of story.
              +1
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

However, this conversation is about Cruz, and right now about his drops in particular. It has nothing to do with any other player or what their pay is.
                You can focus on whatever you want.

All I've done is made a case for Victor because I believe his play warrants it. You obviously don't as you have chosen to focus on his shortcomings.

I just find it strange to be critical of one of our top players.

Comment

And I totally disagree. Saying Cruz drops too many is nitpicking when you look at the many positives he has.

And if he drops too many, then so do Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Johnson, Randal Cobb, Demayrius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker. They all dropped 10+ passes last year too. If that doesn't convince you Cruz's drop rate is normal then nothing will.

Comment

And I totally disagree. Saying Cruz drops too many is nitpicking when you look at the many positives he has.

And if he drops too many, then so do Reggie Wayne, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Johnson, Randal Cobb, Demayrius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker. They all dropped 10+ passes last year too. If that doesn't convince you Cruz's drop rate is normal then nothing will.
                    So, just because the other "cool" kids are doing heroin means you should, too?

Comment

All I've done is made a case for Victor because I believe his play warrants it. You obviously don't as you have chosen to focus on his shortcomings.

I'll remember that the next time you nit pick something about Eli.

Comment

So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          +1 There's no excuse to be leading the league in drops for 2 years in a row.
                          Maybe the most meaningless stat in all of football. The guy who leads the league in drops is always a top WR.
                          You don't get a lot of drop without a lot of targets and catches.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?
                            With 80+ catches, 1000+ yards and 10 TD's?

Damn right it is!
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Maybe the most meaningless stat in all of football. The guy who leads the league in drops is always a top WR.You don't get a lot of drop without a lot of targets and catches.
                              Except a lot of those drops he was WIDE OPEN or had the ball in his hands, and he drops it.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Eli is one of our top players and you've been critical of him in the past. Everyone has things they need to improve on.
                                Every receiver is going to drop passes. I just think cruz drops too many easy ones.
                                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Working...
                                X