Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
    Rudyy disregard drop count. Drop % is what matters.
    What was Calvin's drop % in 2007?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      What was Calvin's drop % in 2007?
      The stats at PFF only go back to 2008.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
        The stats at PFF only go back to 2008.
        Oh darn
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Oh darn
          What was it that Larry Fitzgerald said a year or two ago when someone brought up that he only had one drop that year... "One too many."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drez View Post
            What was it that Larry Fitzgerald said a year or two ago when someone brought up that he only had one drop that year... "One too many."
            Sounds familiar. Cruz should definitely be working on that. Although most stats are relative, drops seem to abide by that rule.

            It's like trans fat, you're technically granted .5 g per day, but it should be avoided at all costs.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              Sounds familiar. Cruz should definitely be working on that. Although most stats are relative, drops seem to abide by that rule.

              It's like trans fat, you're technically granted .5 g per day, but it should be avoided at all costs.
              Yup. If he can get that cut down to about 6-8 a year, I'd be very happy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Yup. If he can get that cut down to about 6-8 a year, I'd be very happy.
                The goal is always zero
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  The goal is always zero
                  Indeed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Indeed.
                    Hopefully he will be closer to that than 10
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      So, having double digit drops in both seasons as a starting WR is acceptable?
                      Taken in context I certainly don't. We won a Super Bowl during that time. I don't scrutinize players who contribute to our Championships.

                      Now, in 2012 he didn't play as well, just like everyone else on this team didn't play as well. But let's keep things in perspective.

                      a) we're coming off a Super Bowl
                      b) teams had a full season of tape on him
                      c) Nicks injury
                      d) O-Line struggles
                      e) Eli did not return to 2011 form
                      f) no Manningham
                      g) it was his sophomore season

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                        Eli is one of our top players and you've been critical of him in the past. Everyone has things they need to improve on.
                        Every receiver is going to drop passes. I just think cruz drops too many easy ones.
                        No doubt he has, but we have to keep things in perspective - it's only year 3 and his drops are fundamental errors. Believe me, if Cruz continues to have the dropsies, then those chants of "Cruz" will eventually turn to "boos".

                        As far as me being critical of Eli, that occurred in year 6 of his career, and not after his 2nd season, so there is a difference.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                          Someone in the nfl who had a lot of catches made it the entire year without a drop. (eagles maybe)
                          Gee....He must be a great player since you can't remember his name.

                          And that's my point.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Jimmy Graham
                            Victor Cruz
                            Calvin Johnson
                            Brandon Marshall
                            Demaryus Thomas
                            Dez Bryant
                            Randall Cobb
                            A.J. Green


                            Is this a list of the best receivers in the game?........Well pretty close, but no.

                            Its a list of the NFL leaders in drops in the NFL last season.

                            So can we stop with the "dropped passes" nonsense. The list of the leaders in dropped passes is always a list of some of the best pass catchers in the game.

                            As I said........meaningless stat.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Jimmy Graham
                              Victor Cruz
                              Calvin Johnson
                              Brandon Marshall
                              Demaryus Thomas
                              Dez Bryant
                              Randall Cobb
                              A.J. Green


                              Is this a list of the best receivers in the game?........Well pretty close, but no.

                              Its a list of the NFL leaders in drops in the NFL last season.

                              So can we stop with the "dropped passes" nonsense. The list of the leaders in dropped passes is always a list of some of the best pass catchers in the game.

                              As I said........meaningless stat.
                              Need to add drops to targets percentage.

                              And even then, it's a fairly meaningless stat since it's very situational (i.e. dropping a screen purposefully because it's been sniffed out vs. dropping a bomb that landed in your bread basket while you were wide open).
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                Need to add drops to targets percentage.

                                And even then, it's a fairly meaningless stat since it's very situational (i.e. dropping a screen purposefully because it's been sniffed out vs. dropping a bomb that landed in your bread basket while you were wide open).
                                If you're getting targeted that much, it means you're getting open, and that your QB believes you're his best option. It means you make plays. It also means that you are going to drop balls.
                                To me, 10 drops in a season where you get 150+ targets is meaningless.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X