This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    True. As some others have stated, perhaps he's just waiting for the 19th to pass and then he will sign. Time will tell.
    I think that's very likely. He will certainly sign the tender before June 17th when his paycheck will reduce to 110% of his 2012 salary. There really is no practical reason to rush the process. John Mara said the old agent was impossible to work with and praised the signing of Tom Condon as a good thing. I think Cruz would be better to sign a long term deal before the season starts.

Now maybe, if he and Condon believe there is bigger money to be made in UFA in 2014, they opt for the tender. That's on them.

If he is Eli's most productive receiver for the third year running, maybe Reese will reconsider half way through the season or maybe they will just let him go into UFA. However it works out, Cruz is entitled to play this out as he and his handlers think best. I don't think that means taking the tender, but what do I know?

I just don't understand those who criticize him for seeking the best deal he can get. That's what Eli did and who is *****ing about that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
      Cruz is quickly becoming a cancer, like Osi was his last few years..........trade him before it starts affecting the whole team and the locker room.
      sorry you are way off base...
      becoming a cancer.....please....over react much????
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        sorry you are way off base...becoming a cancer.....please....over react much????
        He's a troll.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          He's a troll.
          yeah...he posts some crazy stuff at times. But I figure why not throw a response out there.....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            He's a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
              lol
              I don't know why you find it funny.

But I now find it funny because I used "come out," and "ball skills" in the same post.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                I don't know why you find it funny. But I now find it funny because I used "come out," and "ball skills" in the same post.
                ha..hahahahahahahaha..hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  That's what Eli did and who is *****ing about that?
                  Ummmm.....do you read the salary cap related threads? Lol

Comment

Victor Cruz is no different than Deion Branch......Branch was great back in the early 2000's and after a great Super Bowl (Branvh was MVP of the Super Bowl), he thought he was worth much more than the Pats were offering, so he went to Seattle.......and became a nobody......playing with Brady makes ANY receiver look much better than he might be......same thing with Cruz and Eli.......when Cruz leaves he will most likely go to a team with a lesser QB.......and his numbers will drop like a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                      Shouldn't you be playing with your legos? Run along now.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        I haven't seen anyone come right out and discredit his ball skills.
                        Who would? Only a complete idiot would attempt to discredit his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          Well, the debates on this board usually lead to extreme positions.

I haven't seen one bit of Cruz criticism on this entire board, but what I view as criticism is subjective. What I have seen though, are people called out for criticizing Cruz, which is preposterous.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I've never seen you as a "Cruz discreditor." My point is the comments some make don't take anything Cruz has done into consideration. "He's asking for too much" (which is factually irrelevant) ergo he needs to go.
                            That's the thing, posters like gmen8020 and myself who see Cruz as a dominant slot guy, but not a dominant outside receiver (or think that Nicks is a more dominant receiver), somehow get labeled as trying to discredit Cruz. It's complete nonsense.

Comment

I think that's very likely. He will certainly sign the tender before June 17th when his paycheck will reduce to 110% of his 2012 salary.
                              I may be wrong, but I don't think that the tender salary automatically drops to 110% of his 2012 salary. I believe the FO has to enact that. Obviously, that's not something that most teams would do unless a player was truly being unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                                Here's how I think it gets twisted. Poster A says, "Nicks has better ball skills/is better at physically beating a defender, making him better to play outside than Cruz." Poster B then says, "Why are you saying Cruz sucks."

Comment

Working...
                                X