This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Lol im under the impression that you're just trolling me now. Surely you read everything i highlighted in bold. I'm going to call it here though. I got my point across.
    No, I'm just confused as to why you started a thread for the purpose of refuting one person's unpopular claim. I asked you for another example of it, since you claim you saw the argument "brought up a number of times," and you provide me a quote about toughness, which you courteously bolded (thank you).

Your point that Cruz's ball skills shouldn't be questioned did get across (through the videos), but who else other than one poster, is disputing that?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      To an extent, not wholly. I've seen posts like "Drew Brees is great" followed by "Eli hater." That's extreme.

But like Drez said, it goes deeper than how you make it out to be.
      Originally posted by Drez View Post
      That is not exactly what has gone on her with Eli. Some of that has happened, but it goes a lot deeper that just that.
      Well yes of course you have the delusional hater that thinks Eli sucks but we all know they are not voicing a realistic opinion.

Comment

Okay. Ill explain this one more time and after this dont expect me to explain anything else to you again.

look a this sentence that was highlighted in bold. The poster was saying cruz doesn't have "The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him." .

Apply what is highlighted in bold to the videos i posted. Then apply that to the first example from earlier.

After you do that, ask yourself this. How does what is highlighted in bold compare to the notion that cruz only relies on separation in order to make plays? Lol this is not hard.
        Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-08-2013, 03:17 AM.
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Never thought id say im tired of hearing about victor cruz. Hes not worth 10 a yr imo. By april 19th or whatev the deadline is he'll sign his tender and be a giant this yr. unless he takes the initial offer. idk about the future but ill take him for this year.

Comment

its obvious Eli has that farve style where they put it up and hope the Rec will make a play on it. Cruz is worth his weight in gold.

Comment

Okay. Ill explain this one more time and after this dont expect me to explain anything else to you ever again. I'm not going to keep going back and forth giving you examples and telling you the meaning behind them.

look a this sentence that was highlighted in bold. The poster was saying cruz doesn't have "The ability to make a catch in traffic with guys draped all over him." .

Apply what is highlighted in bold to the videos i posted. Then apply that to the first example from earlier.

After you do that, ask yourself this. How does what is highlighted in bold compare to the notion that cruz only replies on separation in order to make plays? Lol this is not hard.
              I'm sorry, aren't we talking about ball skills? You're taking a quote about toughness out of context to support your notion that criticizing Cruz's ball skills is a widespread occurrence.

Another thing, not really related though, all those clips are from 2011. A lot of the issues with Cruz were instances where he wasn't showing up last year.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Personally I don't care if cruz stays or leaves. But to those who discredit his ball skills, here are some plays you might want to consider watching.

Victor Cruz has more 70 yard TD receptions then anyone in the last 10 years and he has played 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  its obvious Eli has that farve style where they put it up and hope the Rec will make a play on it. Cruz is worth his weight in gold.
                  18k maybe. Nicks is 24k

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                    Ummmm.....do you read the salary cap related threads? Lol
                    The salary CAP now has nothing to to with Eli's contract when it was entered.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

That's the thing, posters like gmen8020 and myself who see Cruz as a dominant slot guy, but not a dominant outside receiver (or think that Nicks is a more dominant receiver), somehow get labeled as trying to discredit Cruz. It's complete nonsense.
                      Fan is short for fanatic = complete nonsense sometimes.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the tender salary automatically drops to 110% of his 2012 salary. I believe the FO has to enact that. Obviously, that's not something that most teams would do unless a player was truly being unbearable.
                        You are right, I am just weary of explaining things with facts. It's easier to simply put out there that Cruz is going to be harmed if..... It seems to soothe some folks

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          Victor Cruz has more 70 yard TD receptions then anyone in the last 10 years and he has played 2.
                          Great. Now we are going to hear how it's all because of our quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            To be fair, someone has to throw the ball to be caught

Comment

A little touchy are we Rosie.

Comment

Cast that line enough times someone may bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X