This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Toomer doesn't have the personality that Cruz does. he's an attractive guy with a great story and he plays in NY. I think all three have at least some effect.
    Toomer wasn't really just talking about himself (at least that was my impression). I think that he had an idea of what the "endorsement guys" (Strahan, Tiki, Eli, etc.) were making when he was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      People on here complain that the sun comes up.
      LOL. That's a fair point and good observation as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        Who would? Only a complete idiot would attempt to discredit his skills.
        And we sure don't have anyone in that category here due to our robust admission policies.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

And we sure don't have anyone in that category here due to our robust admission policies.
          That admission test was tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
            That admission test was tough.
            +1 We only take the cream of the crop!
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

We should have an entrance questionnaire with one question: Do you breath through your mouth?

lol

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  We should have an entrance questionnaire with one question: Do you breath through your mouth?

lol
                  That line from FBomb was a classic

Comment

Had he performed well enough in KC to catch the public eye, then yes, he would have gotten the deal, much like Rodgers playing in a town of 300,000 was able to get a series of national advertisements.
                    1. Aaron Rodgers is a QB.
                    2. Green Bay is one of the most prestigious franchises, not only in the NFL, but in all of sports.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      1. Aaron Rodgers is a QB.
                      2. Green Bay is one of the most prestigious franchises, not only in the NFL, but in all of sports.
                      And WR is a low profile position?

Comment

And WR is a low profile position?
                        Compared to QB?....Yes.
                        Who gets all the big advertizing deals?.....Peyton, Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre....
                        What position do they play?.
                        Now....who's the best WR in the league? Calvin Johnson? How many deals does he get?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

People on here complain that the sun comes up.
                          And doesn't shine properly on our side of the field at the new stadium.

Now that IS some serious **** for a Giants fan!

Comment

I don't know how many local endorsements Cruz has, but I'd imagine it's negligible (monetarily speaking) compared to the national endorsements he will likely garner. In the NFL today, you do not need to play in a large market to get national endorsements.
                            Lets see, playing in NY, or playing anywhere else, CMON man are you for real, the #'s will come out and I am putting my money on it that his endorsments will far exceed his salary, on National TV just about every week in prime time playing for the GMEN vs. anywhere else.
                            Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              I have made the same point on here numerous times and have been flamed for it. I just don't think that anyone has ever really proven -- with concrete dollar numbers -- that NY players earn significantly more in endorsements in the NFL.
                              Joe Willy Namath

Comment

Had he performed in KC as he had here, he very likely would have gotten the Chunky deal.
                                You my friend are clueless, look how long Tony Gonzales was the best of the best in KC and when did you or even today see him in Atlanta getting any endorsements, KC, you have to be kidding me.

Comment

Working...
                                X