This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Had he performed well enough in KC to catch the public eye, then yes, he would have gotten the deal, much like Rodgers playing in a town of 300,000 was able to get a series of national advertisements.
    Rodgers who, can you be more specific?
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
      Lets see, playing in NY, or playing anywhere else, CMON man are you for real, the #'s will come out and I am putting my money on it that his endorsments will far exceed his salary, on National TV just about every week in prime time playing for the GMEN vs. anywhere else.
      His endorsement will probably outpace his salary. At this point in Cruz' career he doesn't need to play in NYC to get lucrative national endorsement deals. So long as he stays a relevant player, the deals will continue to come in. The NFL transcends traditional markets. It's that huge. The difference would be in the local endorsement deals, which when compared to his national endorsements would be negligible. The local endorsements would very doubtfully bridge the gap if Cruz was able to get $3m+ more from another team.

Comment

Joe Willy Namath
        Show me the numbers that he made more in endorsements here in NY than he would have made anywhere else.

Comment

• There are sports celebrities who get certain sports gear endorsements just because of their celebrity. And there are sports celebtities who have charisma as well as talent and it could be the latter have a better chance of more lucrative/long term deals. Rodgers with State Farm would be an example of the latter. He isn't selling anything related to sports, pokes fun at himself and even has one of his lineman involved in at least one of the commercials.

Cruz has it I believe and Eli has it in those DirecTV commercials he did with Sanders, playing his foil.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

You my friend are clueless, look how long Tony Gonzales was the best of the best in KC and when did you or even today see him in Atlanta getting any endorsements, KC, you have to be kidding me.
            Was Gonzalez a charismatic, undrafted free agent that burst onto the scene by making a flashy TD and then doing a catchy, signature TD dance while helping his team win a SB?

But, yeah, you have​ to play in NY to get endorsements.

Comment

Was Gonzalez a charismatic, undrafted free agent that burst onto the scene by making a flashy TD and then doing a catchy, signature TD dance while helping his team win a SB?

But, yeah, you have​ to play in NY to get endorsements.
              The NY market helps in a players endorsements. Its the media capital of the world. To deny that is at best odd.
              The degree can be argued but to say it has no effect makes no sense.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                The NY market helps in a players endorsements. Its the media capital of the world. To deny that is at best odd.
                The degree can be argued but to say it has no effect makes no sense.
                Am I saying that playing in NY doesn't help a player get endorsements? No. I am saying that the degree to which most posters here believe it does is overblown.

Comment

Am I saying that playing in NY doesn't help a player get endorsements? No. I am saying that the degree to which most posters here believe it does is overblown.
                  OK....... That's hard to know one way or the other. But I can go along with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    OK....... That's hard to know one way or the other. But I can go along with that.
                    And even further, now that Cruz' star is already made, it doesn't really matter where he plays so long as he continues to play at a high level.

Comment

And even further, now that Cruz' star is already made, it doesn't really matter where he plays so long as he continues to play at a high level.
                      I beg to differ, if he's going to continue playing at a high level if had better be here
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        I beg to differ, if he's going to continue playing at a high level if had better be here
                        Haha. I suppose out of context, that does look bad.

Comment

Haha. I suppose out of context, that does look bad.
                          Just having some fun

Comment

On that I may not agree.

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                Show me the numbers that he made more in endorsements here in NY than he would have made anywhere else.
                                Sometimes you have to just go with common sense, you either have it or you don't, sorry, reality can be tuff.
                                Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                                X