This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what separates Victor Cruz from Wes Welker

Personally I don't care if cruz stays or leaves. But to those who discredit his ball skills, here are some plays you might want to consider watching.

Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-07-2013, 12:04 PM.

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Well im not saying dont try and correct the issue.... but my point in the stats of it all being meaningless vs a big deal are HEAVILY dependant on context.
    I get your point, but regardless of when a drop occurs the mechanics of "why" need to be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• Ruttiger711
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If he's dropping passes, is there really an acceptable type of pass, or when in the game it's OK, assuming they are catchable to begin with? Solving the problem makes it all relevant, no?
    Well im not saying dont try and correct the issue.... but my point in the stats of it all being meaningless vs a big deal are HEAVILY dependant on context.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    It cant be ignored, but context is relevant. If hes dropping a pass early of no significance who cares but if its a crucial conversion or a sure td (Browns) its a big deal without question.
    If he's dropping passes, is there really an acceptable type of pass, or when in the game it's OK, assuming they are catchable to begin with? Solving the problem makes it all relevant, no?

Leave a comment:

• Ruttiger711
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    As I said, the leaders in "dropped passes" every season, reads like a who's who in all pro WR's.

Its a stupid stat for MB junkies who need something to whine about or they will implode.
    It cant be ignored, but context is relevant. If hes dropping a pass early of no significance who cares but if its a crucial conversion or a sure td (Browns) its a big deal without question.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
    Completely disagree
    As I said, the leaders in "dropped passes" every season, reads like a who's who in all pro WR's.

Its a stupid stat for MB junkies who need something to whine about or they will implode.

Leave a comment:

• ShakeandBake
    replied
    Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    +1

Lol, all you need to do is get 420 into the debate and this thread will be locked in a matter of minutes.
    The thread is done after that statement, nice work

Leave a comment:

• 4thand1
    replied
    Every player can improve on his game. Its the nature of things.
    I just think this "dropping passes" thing is way overstated, and not nearly as important a flaw in his game that some seem to believe.
    Completely disagree

Leave a comment:

• Marvelousmik
    replied
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Start the insults so this thread gets locked, I'm sick of Cruz talk.
    +1

Lol, all you need to do is get 420 into the debate and this thread will be locked in a matter of minutes.

Leave a comment:

• gmen0820
    replied
    Start the insults so this thread gets locked, I'm sick of Cruz talk.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by byron View Post
    to a point I agree but there is something to be said about trying to protect your self from a vicious hit.....lets not get crazy
    No I agree, but make sure you secure the ball before you look up field first lol.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    Yes it is.
    NO IT'S NOT.

STOP ARGUING WITH ME

Leave a comment:

• byron
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah, that's not good. You're not focusing on catching the ball, you're worried about getting hit. As a receiver, your job is to receive, not locate the defender first and then try to take control of the ball.

I don't think it's a huge huge deal, he can fix it definitely, but it's not something to overlook either.
    to a point I agree but there is something to be said about trying to protect your self from a vicious hit.....lets not get crazy

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah, that's not good. You're not focusing on catching the ball, you're worried about getting hit. As a receiver, your job is to receive, not locate the defender first and then try to take control of the ball.

I don't think it's a huge huge deal, he can fix it definitely, but it's not something to overlook either.
    Yes it is.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
    Totally agree. Every top receiver drops passes when they turn to locate the defender before securing the ball. It's going to happen. Get used to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X