Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone worried about Eli and the passing game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worried about Eli and the passing game?

The last two games they did not look so hot in the passing game. Both dropped and inaccurate passes have stalled their passing game. Considering they don't run the ball very well I think that is a major concern for next week.

Re: Anyone worried about Eli and the passing game?

Im not worried but yes i have noticed it.... No ballard or manningham didn't help and yesterday Eli and his WRs weren't on the same page on a few routes... hopefully hes better against the Boys cause we'll need em

Comment

I just want to see power football. I just hope our OL and RBs are fired up for this game.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

The only one worried about Eli and his game in Rob Ryan and the Dallas Cowboys!
        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]The last two games they did not look so hot in the passing game. Both dropped and inaccurate passes have stalled their passing game. Considering they don't run the ball very well I think that is a major concern for next week.[/quote]

Nope they will light up the Cowboys for @ least 4 TD passes. Nicks will have a breakout game with the double coverage they will have on Cruz. They will not let Cruz beat them that's for sure.

The D is now ALL IN according to their defensive captain J Tuck.

Comment

Last few weeks, Eli has faced decent secondaries, I am not worried at all.

Comment

[quote user="comebacktiki"]Last few weeks, Eli has faced decent secondaries, I am not worried at all.[/quote]

+1

He faced two decent secondaries with a depleted receiving corps (depleted at least this week)

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]The last two games they did not look so hot in the passing game. Both dropped and inaccurate passes have stalled their passing game. Considering they don't run the ball very well I think that is a major concern for next week.[/quote]

if we lost yesterday i think the concern would be easier to understand, but it was a win so i look forward to see what happens next Sunday. they have some time to correct the mistakes.

Nicks, Barden and/or Beckum didnt help the cause but again the win takes some of the pressure off.

Elis trust at this point is mainly in Cruz. i do expect the passing game to open up with Nicks again being a primary focus.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not worried at all. Eli's throws were all right there, the Jets secondary just did a great job in coverage. Even Eli's pick was off another deflection, not thrown right at a defender. He'll have his guys ready and at the top of their game against Dallas next week.
                  My bigger concern is Nicks and his sudden inability to catch a ball.
                  "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Nicks will be fine. He is an excellent WR that had a bad day but also helps open up things for guys like Cruz. Manningham gets a lot of hate in this board but he too is a gifted WR. I hope he is healthy next week. No Ballard was a concern yesterday and might be this week as well. Hopefully he too is able to play:

Comment

No
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

This is what really worries me...

11 INTs in the past 8 games. 8 straight games with at least 1 INT.

Turnovers will kill this team. Earlier in the year, Eli was making better decisions. Taking sacks instead of forcing it. Throwing it away. Ect. We wont win in the playoffs vs GB or the Saints turning it over. Must control the clock. Must run more and play the style and schemes we did on defense vs the Pats and Jets all the time. Man v Man, blitzing often.

Comment

No its the weather we are going to face at 8.30 at night is what I am concerned with.
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

[quote user="ibbill"][quote user="buddy33"]The last two games they did not look so hot in the passing game. Both dropped and inaccurate passes have stalled their passing game. Considering they don't run the ball very well I think that is a major concern for next week.[/quote]

No its the weather we are going to face at 8.30 at night is what I am concerned with.
                            [/quote]

Right now it looks like its going to be a cold but dry night.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

This is what really worries me...

11 INTs in the past 8 games. 8 straight games with at least 1 INT.

Turnovers will kill this team. Earlier in the year, Eli was making better decisions. Taking sacks instead of forcing it. Throwing it away. Ect. We wont win in the playoffs vs GB or the Saints turning it over. Must control the clock. Must run more and play the style and schemes we did on defense vs the Pats and Jets all the time. Man v Man, blitzing often.

[/quote]

Cmon man....even great QB's throw picks, but in the end, he now makes more good decisions than bad ones........... and he always puts the Giants in a position to win.
                              Drew Brees throws a lot of picks too, but I don't hear fans or the media talking about them or worrying about him.
                              How many people are even aware that Brees had 23 INT's last season to Eli's 25???
                              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X