Jerrell Jernigan Bust or Breakout Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    at the time and pick 3rd round of that draft, i thought he would turn out to be one of the star players from that draft..What a let down.
    At the time I recall wishing they had taken an offensive lineman or linebacker. 3rd round is where they could have really added much needed depth at those positions..... bad decision by Reese.

Hopefully after Sinorice and Jernigan, he doesn't make that mistake a 3rd time.....this defense needs help, bad. Can't waste top tier picks on someone who is not going to be on the field that much.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
      At the time I recall wishing they had taken an offensive lineman or linebacker. 3rd round is where they could have really added much needed depth at those positions..... bad decision by Reese.

Hopefully after Sinorice and Jernigan, he doesn't make that mistake a 3rd time.....this defense needs help, bad. Can't waste top tier picks on someone who is not going to be on the field that much.
      I agree about Moss but the jury is still out on Jernigan. We'll see how much playing time he gets in 2013.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Jernigan imo is best with catches in open space where he can run after the catch. He's more the Theo Rid**** of ND WR/RB. Not great on ko's or pr's Wilson is better at that. The Giants need that reliable speedy slot receiver near Cruz, i think jernigan is the perfect fit, and with cruz and jernigan their will be a lot of big plays the second half of the season. Below were his college highlights to his doubters..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lbmKiBWl0 (His Highlights) we gotta find a way to get him the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_azBQ0VooMA
        Last edited by BlessedinBlue22; 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

sssssssucks

Comment

sssssupperrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              Perhaps he could draft Clint Sintim again.

Comment

There is no room for a guy like him the way we are gonna use all RR, Nicks, and Cruz, just like there was no room for him with Manningham here. He just isn't good enough compared to the other 3 guys and talent they have. wasted pick ohh and we got Louis Murphy now so im sure hes not starting over him either
                Last edited by BigJ; 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Perhaps he could draft Clint Sintim again.
                  or Marvin Austin, or Ramses Barden, ohh and lets not forget Travis Bekum

Comment

Lol. People give up on players so easily. Why is he a bust?

Comment

• He'd better do something this year because so far he's a "bust." It's gotta be tough to shine when you've been playing behind Nicks, Cruz, MM, Hixon and RR on the depth charts your first few years in the NFL, but I can go on what I've seen from him which is not very much indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Lol. People give up on players so easily. Why is he a bust?
                        Because he's done nothing thus far.

Possibly too early too apply the "bust" label, but he's certainly been disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

Possibly too early too apply the "bust" label, but he's certainly been disappointing.
                          Everybody was calling Barden a bust too, b4 that philly game where he actually got a chance to START. Had over 9catches. The guy was catching balls across the middle of the field, u name it. Then because he lost the job back to Nicks, all of a sudden the bust chants began again. Jernigan is in the same boat imo. Austin to me is a major bust, not JJ or Barden.

Comment

• Seriously guys? I only need to say one thing to invalidate the bust claims. Andre Brown...

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

It's not JJ's fault Gilbride refuses to use 4 WR sets like other NFL teams with a good QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                              Seriously guys? I only need to say one thing to invalidate the bust claims. Andre Brown...

It's not JJ's fault Gilbride refuses to use 4 WR sets like other NFL teams with a good QB.
                              Jernigan hasn't been hurt or released numerous times like Brown has.
                              And Gilbride does use 4 WR sets on occasion. I'm sure I've seen him wheel out a 5-wide set in the red zone, too.

Jernigan hasn't even made an impact on special teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                Jernigan hasn't been hurt or released numerous times like Brown has.
                                And Gilbride does use 4 WR sets on occasion. I'm sure I've seen him wheel out a 5-wide set in the red zone, too.

Jernigan hasn't even made an impact on special teams.
                                Yeah like 3 times a game. You're able to judge a player's career based on less than 1 percent of snaps in a game? If you were that good you'd be there instead of Reese.

Comment

Working...
                                X