Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The genius of TC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If there was any consequence from the fumble it was only on offense. He continued to return kicks where, if you fumble, you give the other team points most of the game. He just wasn't NFL ready for the offense we run when he's required to do things he had never done before such as blocking and pre-snap reads. It wasn't just "the fumble."

    It doesn't make him a bad person or player, it is what it is. He has a year under his belt, has tremendous upside, and we'll soon see how well he has improved.
    RF......He was out there in the second series of game 1. He fumbled on his second carry. And then he was relegated to mop up duty on the offense until much later in the season. You do the math.

    If he wasn't in there early on as obviously a big part of the offensive game plan I could see your point. If he fumbled late in the game after not having played on offense, I could see your point.
    But he was in there early on, he fumbled, and then he wasn't there early on for half a season.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      RF......He was out there in the second series of game 1. He fumbled on his second carry. And then he was relegated to mop up duty on the offense until much later in the season. You do the math.If he wasn't in there early on as obviously a big part of the offensive game plan I could see your point. If he fumbled late in the game after not having played on offense, I could see your point. But he was in there early on, he fumbled, and then he wasn't there early on for half a season.
      Like the several articles that stated that the reason he wasn't getting touches was because of pass protection?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        RF......He was out there in the second series of game 1. He fumbled on his second carry. And then he was relegated to mop up duty on the offense until much later in the season. You do the math.

        If he wasn't in there early on as obviously a big part of the offensive game plan I could see your point. If he fumbled late in the game after not having played on offense, I could see your point.
        But he was in there early on, he fumbled, and then he wasn't there early on for half a season.
        I am suggesting it wasn't JUST the fumble. If it were just the fumble, there is no way they would have trusted him with kick returns.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #49
          It also clearly has nothing to do with the fact that Andre Brown came literally out of nowhere week 2 and ran and blocked better than anyone ever expected he could.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by njg85m View Post
            It also clearly has nothing to do with the fact that Andre Brown came literally out of nowhere week 2 and ran and blocked better than anyone ever expected he could.
            Do we denote a sense of sarcasm here
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
              You and everyone else thinks he will have a good year. TC didn't teach him how to block, Jerald Ingram did, TC just stressed it.
              That's how it's supposed to work
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Do we denote a sense of sarcasm here

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Can you say for certain that he was part of the gameplan, outside of wanting to see what he was capable of in a meaningful live game?

                  Also, I don't doubt that in the Cowboys' game and probably the next week he was in the proverbial doghouse. However, the notion that the fumble was something that kept him from getting touches most of the season is laughable.
                  What makes your opinion divine truth? IMO, you are laughable. LOL
                  Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-24-2013, 05:04 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    RF......He was out there in the second series of game 1. He fumbled on his second carry. And then he was relegated to mop up duty on the offense until much later in the season. You do the math.

                    If he wasn't in there early on as obviously a big part of the offensive game plan I could see your point. If he fumbled late in the game after not having played on offense, I could see your point.
                    But he was in there early on, he fumbled, and then he wasn't there early on for half a season.
                    +1

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                      What makes your opinion divine truth?
                      Probably the fact that I'm right. Provide me one actual piece of evidence that states that outside of maybe the first 2 games that that fumble prevented Wilson getting carries. While you go off and do that, here's some articles talking about how his pass protection was the major culprit:
                      http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/sports/2012/10/6537671/age-ability-why-wont-giants-hand-david-wilson
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/19593/wilson-on-pass-protection-give-me-a-chance
                      http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5551
                      http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-14/david-wilson-ahmad-bradshaw-injured-new-york-giants-nfl-stats-fantasy-rb
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/category/_/name/david-wilson
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...e/david-wilson

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        Like the several articles that stated that the reason he wasn't getting touches was because of pass protection?
                        Then why was he out there week 1 in the second series?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Then why was he out there week 1 in the second series?
                          Shiny new toy. You can't infer that he was going to be a major part of the offense based off seeing a couple snaps early in the first game of the year. That's like saying 1+1=125.

                          So, show me one piece of actual evidence that says that the Wilson not getting touches long term during the season was the result of his one fumble in Week 1, and not because of other issues. I do not disagree that it put him in the doghouse for a couple weeks, but after that his pass protection issues and the fact that he did not capitalize on the few chances he got were the primary reasons he didn't see more action until later in the season.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            Shiny new toy. You can't infer that he was going to be a major part of the offense based off seeing a couple snaps early in the first game of the year. That's like saying 1+1=125.

                            So, show me one piece of actual evidence that says that the Wilson not getting touches long term during the season was the result of his one fumble in Week 1, and not because of other issues. I do not disagree that it put him in the doghouse for a couple weeks, but after that his pass protection issues and the fact that he did not capitalize on the few chances he got were the primary reasons he didn't see more action until later in the season.
                            I've made my case and your response was ..."shiny new toy". As if a tough, no nonsense, steely eyed, 2 time winning SB HC in Tom Coughlin would run a guy out there simply because he was a ......(I can't say it without laughing).........."shiny new toy".


                            I'm claiming victory and going home.
                            I'd like to thank the Academy and all the little people for making this all possible.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I've made my case and your response was ..."shiny new toy". As if a tough, no nonsense, steely eyed, 2 time winning SB HC in Tom Coughlin would run a guy out there simply because he was a ......(I can't say it without laughing).........."shiny new toy".


                              I'm claiming victory and going home.
                              I'd like to thank the Academy and all the little people for making this all possible.
                              Claim your victory then. It's a hollow one, as well as false.

                              So, again provide to me one piece of actual evidence that Wilson got his carries reduced ALL season because of one fumble. Once you can do that, you can possibly claim a real victory.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                                It also clearly has nothing to do with the fact that Andre Brown came literally out of nowhere week 2 and ran and blocked better than anyone ever expected he could.
                                You bet!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X