The genius of TC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    That assumes that they were going to give Wilson pass blocking opportunities in the Dallas game. I'd wager that Wilson's play package was very limited in the first game, and chances are better than not that any play he was in for was designed to get the ball to him (either a run or a pass where he would run a route).

Your notion that because he saw some early action that his pass blocking was up to par is flawed.
    Then why not keep using Wilson in those limited play packages in subsequent games, while he improves his pass protection? He went from limited participation in the offense to zero participation in the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jintsfan666 View Post
      Since I am unable to recall whether or not Wilson had any "pass blocking opportunities" prior to his fumble I will have to assume you have researched the point and determined based upon the evidence of your research that he had no blocking duties prior to the fumble.
      He had 3 offensive snaps in Week 1, two of which were runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by uther99 View Post
        Then why not keep using Wilson in those limited play packages in subsequent games, while he improves his pass protection? He went from limited participation in the offense to zero participation in the offense.
        Because Andre Brown emerged as being a very good player. While not great as pass pro, he was still better than Wilson.

Comment

Working...
        X