X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
    Our current QB?

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!
      He is kinda like that I'm told. A little nerdy!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

He is kinda like that I'm told. A little nerdy!
        A little?

Comment

A little?
          One day he'll be calling the games on TV like Phil, but much better!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

One day he'll be calling the games on TV like Phil, but much better!
            Phil is better than Eli at everything known to man.

Comment

Are you really trying to compare stats between QB's who play in different eras?
              I mean.......Really???
              The most accurate passer I ever saw was Ken Anderson. He was at 59% lifetime.
              Kurt Warner imo. But yeah, Ken Anderson was good.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Are you really trying to compare stats between QB's who play in different eras?
                I mean.......Really???
                The most accurate passer I ever saw was Ken Anderson. He was at 59% lifetime.
                why do eras make a dif when it comes to comp%??? If you are accurate you are accurate.....no?
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Everything except quarterbacking.
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    why do eras make a dif when it comes to comp%??? If you are accurate you are accurate.....no?
                    it's a lot harder to complete a pass when your WR is getting mugged 10 yards downfield. The term accurate is far more impressive back then than it is now. These days, it's arena football.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                      We allowed Joe Montana to slip through our fingers? Wow!
                      Joe Montana wasn't huge on anyones radar ...he was a late 3rd round pick ....he didn't slip through anyones fingers he was simply passed up on

Joe was a fantastic QB ...but also a system guy

who knows what he may have done in NY ......he may not have made it through those first few years healthy

Comment

I wonder how Eli drinks his tea?
                        Last edited by dezzzR; 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                          it's a lot harder to complete a pass when your WR is getting mugged 10 yards downfield. The term accurate is far more impressive back then than it is now. These days, it's arena football.
                          yeah I get all that but also in this modern era of football you have DEs getting on you quicker, way more defensive schemes to decipher, and better atletes all the way around. I still concede that Phil at 55% is not better then say a modern QB with +62% in comp. Talking only comp% here not if Phil was better or worse then whatever QB....
                          Once again not taking anythng away from Phil at all. I love the guy.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            You can't be serious......right?

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              I wonder how Eli drinks his tea?
                              With one finger out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Question for those who grew up with Simms or whoever- How weird seeing them leave and having to see another QB play? It's gonna be so weird for me when we draft another QB to replace Eli.
                                Well you have to remember that Simms was surprisingly and unceremoniously cut by the Giants so they could draft Dave Brown. Wellington Mara referred to Phil's release as "a day of overwhelming sadness".

Of course when a beloved player leaves it's more difficult for the replacement to win people over. But had Dave been a good QB, it would have been much easier to swallow. I still cannot believe how badly the Giants ****ed that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X