Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Well you have to remember that Simms was surprisingly and unceremoniously cut by the Giants so they could draft Dave Brown. Wellington Mara referred to Phil's release as "a day of overwhelming sadness".

Of course when a beloved player leaves it's more difficult for the replacement to win people over. But had Dave been a good QB, it would have been much easier to swallow. I still cannot believe how badly the Giants ****ed that up.
    It was a dark day in the Morehead household.

June 14, 1994. the day the music died.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

June 14, 1994. the day the music died.
      I never realized that he was released the day the Rangers won the Stanley Cup which also was the night that OJ committed those murders I believe.

Have to admit, the Giants couldn't have timed it better.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I wonder how Eli drinks his tea?

LMFAO!
        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          I never realized that he was released the day the Rangers won the Stanley Cup which also was the night that OJ committed those murders I believe.

Have to admit, the Giants couldn't have timed it better.
          The OJ murders were the night of the 12th, (I guess after midnight so the 13th).
          I remember it very well as we were all flying home that day from my Dad's funeral and heard about it when we got home.

Comment

June 14, 1994. the day Phil couldn't hit the broard side of a barn.
            Fixed!
            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
              Fixed!
              Must have forgot that he was in the Pro bowl that year.

Comment

The numbers speak for themselves.... Eli has proven his salt and he is the better QB between the two talented QBs in this discussion. The era arguement is interesting indeed. Sure the rules have changed to protect the QB and WR, but the players are bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic today than they were past eras. There are a few exceptions (LT for example) but as a whole, its true. The speed of the game is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  I wonder how Eli drinks his tea?
                  He fumbled the sip.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    yeah I get all that but also in this modern era of football you have DEs getting on you quicker, way more defensive schemes to decipher, and better atletes all the way around. I still concede that Phil at 55% is not better then say a modern QB with +62% in comp. Talking only comp% here not if Phil was better or worse then whatever QB....
                    Once again not taking anythng away from Phil at all. I love the guy.
                    The speed of the game is relative though. As the game changes, the players change with it - all players. As DE's evolve, so do the tackles. It all evens out. The fact that you could possibly be taking any credit away from Phil never even crossed my mind. Funny how being completely impartial to all players when it comes to the team's success works.

When the Giants let Phil walk, I didn't shed a tear because honestly, it was time.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      The speed of the game is relative though. As the game changes, the players change with it - all players. As DE's evolve, so do the tackles. It all evens out. The fact that you could possibly be taking any credit away from Phil never even crossed my mind. Funny how being completely impartial to all players when it comes to the team's success works.

When the Giants let Phil walk, I didn't shed a tear because honestly, it was time.
                      It was time when your QB was in the Pro Bowl?
                      I don't get this.

Comment

It was time when your QB was in the Pro Bowl?
                        I don't get this.
                        Yeah, but the entire team itself was in transition. When a team is going to start re-building, it's better to start completely brand new. Otherwise, you're going to get stuck with potentially a bunch of really young great players, with a really old expensive QB dragging them down. Then what ends up happening is that you're going to start looking for the most important position in football, while the rest of your team is in its prime years. Ideally, you want players to be able to grow together and time their primes year all at the right time so you have the best chance of winning the SB. That's how I looked at it.
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

You can't be serious......right?
                          yeah I am serious...
                          enlighten me on why Phil throwing 55% is just as good as a modern QB throwing 65%......
                          dont give me all the rules excuses either because thats all BS when talking accuracy........
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I hear yuo ....
                            so if the speed of the game is all relevant and evens out then 55% is 55% and 65 % is 65 % which leads to me believe that Phil was an accurate QB but nothing out of the ordinanry.....
                            Not anything you said but orginally from another poster....
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              I hear yuo ....
                              so if the speed of the game is all relevant and evens out then 55% is 55% and 65 % is 65 % which leads to me believe that Phil was an accurate QB but nothing out of the ordinanry.....
                              Not anything you said but orginally from another poster....
                              Ah, but the rule changes changed everything.

Comment

Ah, but the rule changes changed everything.
                                I know the rules have changed to favor the QB and WRs but most of passes that Phil didnt complete was due to a CB drapped over the WR or him being beaten down by a defender??.
                                Harooni I believe said he was "deadly" accurate. Thats why I started to rebutt this. Phil was good but he wasnt "deadly" accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X