• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    With one finger out.
    hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      yeah I am serious...
      enlighten me on why Phil throwing 55% is just as good as a modern QB throwing 65%......
      dont give me all the rules excuses either because thats all BS when talking accuracy........
      Why do you think completion percentage would be exempt from the changes in the game?

Back in '79 Dan Fouts led the league with a completion percentage under 63%. Last year we had two rookie QB's with higher percentages than Fouts.

Comment

It is a milestone worthy of mention BUT the game is completely different and comparing players with career stats is meaningless in the end.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          It is a milestone worthy of mention BUT the game is completely different and comparing players with career stats is meaningless in the end.
          Nothing discussed here is meaningless
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            A thousand apolgies to you and all those I may have offended.

Comment

Maybe should have been meaningful
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

You can see who I like from my Avi, which hasn't changed in 10+ years.
                I'll always love Phil. Loved the bullets he threw into the Meadowlands winds. He was a tough SOB.
                But, Eli is the best QB we have ever had.
                Records are meant to be broken.
                Many will appreciate Eli more after he's retired.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  I'll always love Phil. Loved the bullets he threw into the Meadowlands winds. He was a tough SOB.
                  +1
                  sigpic

Comment

Apology excepted!
                    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Eli is a pretty tough SOB as well. He has played through some really painful injuries that would have sidelined most athletes (the shoulder, planar fascitis (sp?), etc). Phil is one of my all-time favorite players. That doesn't mean I can't totally appreciate what Eli also brings to the table. He's an excellent QB, and we are lucky to have him. Those that don't think so should go back and watch some of Kent Graham, Touchdown Tommy Maddox, or Dave Clown's starts. We went 10 years with pretty abysmal QBing.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                        Eli is a pretty tough SOB as well. He has played through some really painful injuries that would have sidelined most athletes (the shoulder, planar fascitis (sp?), etc). Phil is one of my all-time favorite players. That doesn't mean I can't totally appreciate what Eli also brings to the table. He's an excellent QB, and we are lucky to have him. Those that don't think so should go back and watch some of Kent Graham, Touchdown Tommy Maddox, or Dave Clown's starts. We went 10 years with pretty abysmal QBing.
                        This is the right way to compare and contrast the two who are real gems in the history of our organization. Boiling this down to numbers is meaningless...............whoops did I say meaningless again? I'm about to get slapped around by RF.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Nothing discussed here isn't meaningless.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Nothing discussed here isn't meaningless.
                            lol, well there you have it!

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                              agreed ZIm

I recall 4 or 5 years ago your avi was some sort of dog with a mask or something for a quick bit.....what was that ?

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                                He fumbled the sip.... lol
                                Ihe double clutched the sip and didnt see that the pocket was overloaded and about to collapse. Unfortunate, but hats football...errr...football commentating anyway...
                                Last edited by TextureDj; 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X