No announcement yet.

Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli is a better quarterback than Phil Simms.

-laughs and runs-
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Eli is a better quarterback than Phil Simms.

-laughs and runs-
      Only because Phil is in mid 50's. But its still close.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        It's not close.

In Phil's prime, Eli was still 100000x better than Phil!
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

He's trying to get your goat!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
            He's trying to get your goat!
            Rudy's a she and she has no shot. My goat left the building years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
              Most unlucky was the broken thumb, hit on follow through on someone's helmet.
              No doubt Zimm. Didn't Phil come off the bench to spark us and then broke his thumb?

Comment

This was my laugh of the day.
                I just looked on Wiki, regarding that break...
                Simms came in to replace the struggling Brunner against the Philadelphia Eagles. On his second drive, Simms suffered a season-ending injury when the thumb on his throwing hand hit a player's helmet on his follow-through. The injury was reported as a dislocation, but according to the book, Simms to McConkey, written by Phil McConkey, Simms, and **** Schaap, the injury was much more severe, with the thumb literally hanging off after impact, and the bone sticking out through the skin.[17]

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  This was my laugh of the day.
                  I just looked on Wiki, regarding that break...
                  Simms came in to replace the struggling Brunner against the Philadelphia Eagles. On his second drive, Simms suffered a season-ending injury when the thumb on his throwing hand hit a player's helmet on his follow-through. The injury was reported as a dislocation, but according to the book, Simms to McConkey, written by Phil McConkey, Simms, and **** Schaap, the injury was much more severe, with the thumb literally hanging off after impact, and the bone sticking out through the skin.[17]
                  I stand by my recolection that it was Carl Hairston's facemask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    No doubt Zimm. Didn't Phil come off the bench to spark us and then broke his thumb?
                    Yeah, Ro... He missed the whole '82 season with a knee injury, and Parcell's chose Brunner as the starter in '83. I think when Phil finally got his chance, it was game #6 that season against philly . His 2nd series... broken thumb and another season down the tubes.

Comment

I stand by my recolection that it was Carl Hairston's facemask.
                      It didn't say, but it makes sense that big daddy Hairston's helmet was the one... he played DE for the Eagles in '83.

Comment

• I loved Phil, but I didn't think he was god. He was too fragile, and he used to drive me nuts at times.

Comment

Working...
                        X