Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

    In passing yards this year

    Simms-33462
    Eli-31527

    Eli already beat him in touchdowns with 211 to phils 199.

  • #2
    Phil was a great Giant but I was reminded today as I watched the NFL Network that we passed on joe Montana when we selected Phil in the draft! Just goes to show you that you never really know how a draft will turn out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Phil Simms was the QB that won a SB for the Giants after 30 years without a winning team. At the time we fans thought he was Gods little brother. He was a very good QB, but not the greatest. To the fans at that time he was the greatest. Will Always be a hero in our hearts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
        Phil Simms was the QB that won a SB for the Giants after 30 years without a winning team. At the time we fans thought he was Gods little brother. He was a very good QB, but not the greatest. To the fans at that time he was the greatest. Will Always be a hero in our hearts.
        Well said!

        Comment


        • #5
          Bill Walsh would've drafted Phill Simms over Joe Montana but San Francisco couldn't because they had traded the draft pick away. In my opinion, Phil Simms would've thrived in San Francisco with the talent they had over there.

          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ontana-in-1979

          Comment


          • #6
            We allowed Joe Montana to slip through our fingers? Wow!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
              We allowed Joe Montana to slip through our fingers? Wow!
              As all the teams did. He was the last pick (82) in round 3.
              We Want 5!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by giants-_- View Post
                In passing yards this year

                Simms-33462
                Eli-31527

                Eli already beat him in touchdowns with 211 to phils 199.
                Maybe on the stat sheet...but not in my heart!
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                  Phil was a great Giant but I was reminded today as I watched the NFL Network that we passed on joe Montana when we selected Phil in the draft! Just goes to show you that you never really know how a draft will turn out.
                  Forgot about that! Hey MJ was not a Number one pick! The draft is, without doubt, a shot in the dark!
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    OK, this thread is going to go on to next season. I'll say this again, Eli is the best QB the GIants have ever had for the simple reason he has won 2 come from behind SB's with his arm. Not even Y.A Title can claim that. Simms won one SB with a great defense and missed the other one. Now Eli will have thrown for the most yards for the Giants in the history of the organization. Enough said!
                    Last edited by bigjeep; 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM.
                    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      These yardage stats speak more of Eli's durability.

                      3rd all time in consecutive starts and counting.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wonder how simms would look in todays fluffy NFL. my guess like a HOF QB. he was athletic strong and deadly accurate. his near flawless SB performance was a thing of beauty.

                        Still Eli has proven he can sling it and is very durable ,we have to appreciate that he hangs in there and doesnt give up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          I wonder how simms would look in todays fluffy NFL. my guess like a HOF QB. he was athletic strong and deadly accurate. his near flawless SB performance was a thing of beauty.

                          Still Eli has proven he can sling it and is very durable ,we have to appreciate that he hangs in there and doesnt give up.
                          And won two SB's with his arm with the help of David Tyree!
                          Last edited by bigjeep; 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM.
                          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Maybe on the stat sheet...but not in my heart!
                            hahahahha

                            Stand with Cruz!
                            80

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                              And won two SB's with his arm and the help of David Tyree!
                              well we did win twice by hlding a brady under 18 points. and really the offense didnt do much till the 4th quarter both times.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X