possible Boley return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
    He had his career high in interceptions last year, with 3.
    Those came in the first three weeks of the season, though.

Comment

the Giants LB group is a mess......
      Boley in or out wont really matter too much..
      the group is mediocre at best.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        Source: Tom Rock on Twitter Apr 24 - 10:55 PM
        A little early for this ... after the draft most of the guys like Boley will get gobbled up.

I wouldn't want him back on the Giants even at vet minimum though.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

He was purely a cap casualty.......at the right price I'm game for it.......for depth more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            If Williams gets hurt, maybe. And Williams has been hurt before...
            Not if, when.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
              Not if, when.
              Your handle "troy Archer" always makes me think back to the headlines when he died in that accident.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2345,6187019

First decent player we had in a long time!
              Last edited by bigjeep; 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM.
              Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

The Giants have the most over 30's players in the league. They need to get younger. Paysinger is young and plays the same position. He may never be a star in the league , but then again we will never know what he is if we keep him buried on the depth chart behind 31 year old vets.

Keeping around old players prevent younger guys from getting reps and developing. Sometimes you just say thank you and move on.
                sigpic

Comment

michael boley was a far better pass rusher than anyone ever gave him credit for. unfortunately, he was always the best cover lb so he was rarely used in pass rushing. if he's lost a step in coverage, start blitzing him. he also led the nfl for a while in fewest missed tacked of anyone in the league

Comment

I have to agree with most of the posters. We need to move forward and find new blood. LB's were a weakness on this team. If we can't upgrade with immediate talent, then maybe give him a look. Much like with Jacobs though...It's time to look ahead.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                      michael boley was a far better pass rusher than anyone ever gave him credit for. unfortunately, he was always the best cover lb so he was rarely used in pass rushing. if he's lost a step in coverage, start blitzing him. he also led the nfl for a while in fewest missed tacked of anyone in the league
                      Well, as I pointed above, he was among the bottom rated starting LBs in the league according to Pro football focus. He had negative ratings last year against the run, in pass coverage and in pass rush.

Whatever he once was that was good, he wasn't it last year. He got no interest from teams as a free agent, and at 31, if he signs anywhere it is likely for a short term contract for very little money. I would not be opposed to him coming back, but only if it were for the minimum and if we were very unlucky in the way the draft fell leaving no LBs that interested the Giants. My preference , because it is better for the future of the team, is that we start either developing the young players who have lingered on the roster(like Paysinger) or we draft a suitable replacement.
                      sigpic

Comment

paysinger is far too slow and is not that strong. michael boley over him all day.

would LT come back for league minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Those came in the first three weeks of the season, though.
                          The first 3 weeks of a season don't count as part of that season? Did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                            paysinger is far too slow and is not that strong. michael boley over him all day.

would LT come back for league minimum?
                            Paysinger isn't going to play weakside...we have Jaquain Williams and Rivers for that. Paysinger however could challenge for the SLB and be pretty good over there

Comment

Do we refuse to draft LBs soo much that we actually have to have this conversation?

Comment

there was a pie chart on the homepage of which position Jerry Reese drafts the most and LB was the most frequent..I was shocked. We just suck at drafting them. For what its worth I actually like Paysinger tho I think he can be pretty good

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...aft-picks.html

Comment

Working...
                                X