Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Are both Floyd and Hankins not DTs?

Pugh is a utility OL that can arguably play every position along the line, does that not add some value?
    +1. Also, I understand the other argument for more value in the CB position and that's how JR normally sees things as well, but maybe they weren't that crazy about the talent (in their eyes) of the CB's left in the 1st RD.

And feeling that they needed an injection of youth on the o-line, they decided to not just go for a very good guard, but one versatile enough to play at least every single position on the line adequately if need be.

Pugh makes sense and I'm glad to have him on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
      +1. Also, I understand the other argument for more value in the CB position and that's how JR normally sees things as well, but maybe they weren't that crazy about the talent (in their eyes) of the CB's left in the 1st RD.

And feeling that they needed an injection of youth on the o-line, they decided to not just go for a very good guard, but one versatile enough to play at least every single position on the line adequately if need be.

Pugh makes sense and I'm glad to have him on board.
      your right Pugh makes a ton on sense im excited to see him go out there and compete with brewer and dd at rt
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Are both Floyd and Hankins not DTs?

Pugh is a utility OL that can arguably play every position along the line, does that not add some value?
        Floyd is a pass rushing 3tech. Hankins is a clogging 0/1 tech. It is akin to saying linval and cullen jenkins play the same position.

So can brian winters barret jones etc. So could davidit diehl when he came out of college. Being able to play interior OL and rt isn't really a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
          Floyd is a pass rushing 3tech. Hankins is a clogging 0/1 tech. It is akin to saying linval and cullen jenkins play the same position.

So can brian winters barret jones etc. So could davidit diehl when he came out of college. Being able to play interior OL and rt isn't really a big deal.
          For pass rushing DT he sure had a lot of sacks last season...

Comment

For pass rushing DT he sure had a lot of sacks last season...
            Its what he projects to be in the nfl. How many sacks did clay matthews have in his days at usc? Floyd and hankins are completely different players.

Comment

Its what he projects to be in the nfl. How many sacks did clay matthews have in his days at usc? Floyd and hankins are completely different players.
              And we need a run stuffer more than a pass rusher in the middle.

Comment

Ok, this thread is about pugh.

Comment

Ok, this thread is about pugh.
                  Not necessarily, not if you don't think that picks are made in a vacuum. If that is the case, then Pugh's ranking relative to the remaining OL versus that of other players against others at their position becomes a very relevant point.

Comment

I read this article on ESPN that said Hankins was mediocre against the run...
                    haha how can someone that massive and disruptive as he is in his highlight videos be regarded as mediocre against the run.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

• He was playing every snap at OSU and would eventually be gassed by the end of the game. Definitely won't be doing that with the Giants. They will keep him fresh.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                        I read this article on ESPN that said Hankins was mediocre against the run...
                        haha how can someone that massive and disruptive as he is in his highlight videos be regarded as mediocre against the run.

This one says he is good against the run:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ins?id=2540147

and here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nathan-hankins

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                          The
                          Heresay
                          Experts for
                          You.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            The
                            Heresay
                            Experts for
                            You.
                            Touche'. Told you, global organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                              Touche'. Told you, global organization.
                              We need to be careful when we take everything written as gospel
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                We need to be careful when we take everything written as gospel
                                True, but as I said at the beginning of the article. I really do not follow any particular college team or any particular player so I look to news outlets to let me know about the players. I think it was Redeye that said you shouldn't watch highlight tapes b/c they are just that, highlights....

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Working...
                                X