Bleacher report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by americanmade View Post
    If a draft room full of coaches with 2 superbowl rings think he is their guy, I'm going to have to defer to their judgement. If a ranking service picked a team I have a feeling it would probably suck and be a conglomeration of A+ rated players who look good on paper ,but cannot play together as a TEAM. If A+ players (according to rankings) w
    ere all that mattered, why bother playing the games ,just use draft ratings
    How dare you throw logic out their?

Comment

I wonder how many SB rings the Bleacher report has?

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
        To the Giants credit, there is no way he makes it out of the 1st round. The Bears and Cowboys picked Kyle Long and Travis Frederick for crying out loud. Both teams would probably rather had Pugh.

I still would have much rather had Rhodes/Trufant/Floyd easily.
        Kyle Longs measurables are a lot better than Pugh's. He's faster (ran 4.9 something), more athletic, taller (6'6), longer arms. Everything about his make-up was prototypical in comparison to Pugh and he graded higher. Pugh translates better to guard than tackle at the next level. Long doesn't. Pugh is better technically but I seriously believe he would have been available in the 2nd and if he wasn't then they could have had Barrett Jones who's the same versatility wise.
        Last edited by titwio; 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
          Kyle Longs measurables are a lot better than Pugh's. He's faster (ran 4.9 something), more athletic, taller (6'6), longer arms. Everything about his make-up was prototypical in comparison to Pugh and he graded higher. Pugh translates better to guard than tackle at the next level. Long doesn't. Pugh is better technically but I seriously believe he would have been available in the 2nd and if he wasn't then they could have had Barrett Jones who's the same versatility wise.
          Measurables yeah but not talent wise...Long is a project.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
            Combine numbers are one thing...game tape is another!!! Then you contradict yourself about wanting Long because he's more athletic than Pugh yet you'd take a guy like Jones who's knock is his athleticism!

Comment

Working...
            X