No announcement yet.

Bleacher report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm still confused why they couldnt wait til the 2nd round for this guy. he didnt seem to be on anyone's radar

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
      i'm still confused why they couldnt wait til the 2nd round for this guy. he didnt seem to be on anyone's radar
      Because if we hadn't picked him the Bears or Cowboys would have right after us.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

To the Giants credit, there is no way he makes it out of the 1st round. The Bears and Cowboys picked Kyle Long and Travis Frederick for crying out loud. Both teams would probably rather had Pugh.

I still would have much rather had Rhodes/Trufant/Floyd easily.

Comment

If the Giants followed a reporter/nerd and used his advice to draft players I would be scared as hell! These website "evaluators" are the same guys who like a player because he is good on video game football. Most of them look at the combine results and act like that is all that matters, and they are idiots that live in their parents basement. Football is a game of emotion and desire, and you have to watch for players that would have their arm torn off, get pissed , and beat you to death with the stub. Pugh may very well be that kind of player, he definitely has an edge to his game

Comment

I was about to mock you for linking Bleacher Report but I actually agree with most of their analysis.

Now I'm sad
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I think we sometimes favor players in our college region. Agreed, but it is a situation where your dammed if you do or dammed if you don't take care of that OL need.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                I was about to mock you for linking Bleacher Report but I actually agree with most of their analysis.

Now I'm sad
                LOL I just can't picture Mr. Reese and Co. reading and crying out loud by a Bleacher Report Grades.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

We don't know that for a fact. And besides I trust Reese, meaning that I don't think he is lying when he says that Pugh was the highest player on his board at the time.

Comment

He would be gone in the 2nd round if we waited

Comment

Pugh shows up as 22nd on the Scouts Inc ranking, but i have seen Pugh ranked far lower (around 50), so who knows.

Comment

If a draft room full of coaches with 2 superbowl rings think he is their guy, I'm going to have to defer to their judgement. If a ranking service picked a team I have a feeling it would probably suck and be a conglomeration of A+ rated players who look good on paper ,but cannot play together as a TEAM. If A+ players (according to rankings) w
                        ere all that mattered, why bother playing the games ,just use draft ratings

Comment

It's been rumored that the bears had their sights set on him at 20.

Comment

I rather drink bleach then read the bleacher report

Comment

It may have been a reach, but it was the right call, period. The reason why he was low on so many boards mostly had to do with his arm length. Other than that, he was a great player for the Orange, solid pass protector for on of the nations top qb's, nasty run blocker and absolutely zero character issues. bleacher report has been wrong before, we will see.

Comment

Working...
                              X