Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who say Corery Webster is good not great, take a gander at his stats this season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who say Corery Webster is good not great, take a gander at his stats this season

These stats are for ALL DB's not just amongst CB's:

INT's - 6 (Tied for for 4th) (Tied for 2nd amongst CB's)
    PD's - 21 (8th)

C-Web is far & away our second best defensive player on this team, first being JPP of course.

In a season where the defense has been an absolute train wreck... Webster is the one constant.

Oh & let me also add this guy isn't one bit flashy. Consumate professional goes about his business does his job & everything he's asked. Never once talks about himself, never once hear his name in the media...... humble beast who we are VERY lucky to have & I personally am very proud to have him as a member of the New York Giants.

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: For those who say Corery Webster is good not great, take a gander at his stats this season

He could be demanding a lot more money than he's making now too.

Comment

Re: For those who say Corery Webster is good not great, take a gander at his stats this season

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]These stats are for ALL DB's not just amongst CB's:

INT's - 6 (Tied for for 4th) (Tied for 2nd amongst CB's)
      PD's - 21 (8th)

C-Web is far & away our second best defensive player on this team, first being JPP of course.

In a season where the defense has been an absolute train wreck... Webster is the one constant.

Oh & let me also add this guy isn't one bit flashy. Consumate professional goes about his business does his job & everything he's asked. Never once talks about himself, never once hear his name in the media...... humble beast who we are VERY lucky to have & I personally am very proud to have him as a member of the New York Giants.

[/quote]Agree and I like Corey a lot. Glad we have a player of his caliber. but it still bothers me that apparently he quit during the Saints game. smh

Comment

Hes been a top 10 guy since 2007 run.... But don't get it twisted he's not a hall of gamer ... But yea he's awesome ... It's too bad we didn't have Tt24 head in the same level as Webster and would make a great duo

Comment

[quote user="shotcalla39"]Hes been a top 10 guy since 2007 run.... But don't get it twisted he's not a hall of gamer ... But yea he's awesome ... It's too bad we didn't have Tt24 head in the same level as Webster and would make a great duo[/quote]

We really really miss T2 this year... Rolle was finally going to play his natural position but that all went to **** once he went down for the season.

Teams rarely threw at C-Web last year... which is why T2 had such a high target %... teams always throw at Ross this year

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="shotcalla39"]Hes been a top 10 guy since 2007 run.... But don't get it twisted he's not a hall of gamer ... But yea he's awesome ... It's too bad we didn't have Tt24 head in the same level as Webster and would make a great duo[/quote]

We really really miss T2 this year... Rolle was finally going to play his natural position but that all went to **** once he went down for the season.

Teams rarely threw at C-Web last year... which is why T2 had such a high target %... teams always throw at Ross this year

[/quote]

That was a good part of the reason. Another part was TT was allowing like 60% completions against him. I was really hoping to see him make the jump this year, though.

Comment

Webster seems to be better in man to man, not very good in the zone, gives up a lot of 10 to 15 yard passes, seems to be in the right place at the right time like the int against theJets, horrible pass, guy was wide open and Webby got a gift.

He's a good corner, not going for the great corner, watch the 1st offensive play from Dallas this weekend, it will be play action, roll to the right, 15 yard pass right in front of the Web, that is why he is good, he will make the tackle, not great, he wouldn't let that happen week after week.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

Webster seems to be better in man to man, not very good in the zone, gives up a lot of 10 to 15 yard passes, seems to be in the right place at the right time like the int against theJets, horrible pass, guy was wide open and Webby got a gift.

He's a good corner, not going for the great corner, watch the 1st offensive play from Dallas this weekend, it will be play action, roll to the right, 15 yard pass right in front of the Web, that is why he is good, he will make the tackle, not great, he wouldn't let that happen week after week.

[/quote]

That might of been a bad throw by Sanchez but Webster caught the ball about 6 inches off the ground. It was a hell of a play. C-Web is also the only player on our defense with good hands... maybe Kenny Phillips but everyone else drops every ball thrown there way.

Fewell loves to play off the receiver that's not Websters fault though.

Comment

Webster is good in man on man, but for a team leader he kind of sucks at staying disciplined and remembering where he's supposed to be in our dumb soft zone coverages.

But hey, he has made plays this year and we don't win the Buffalo game without him.

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of DB stats. Webby's having a solid year again, though.

Comment

Relative to how he started with the Giants CWeb is a friggin all time all pro.

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"]He could be demanding a lot more money than he's making now too.[/quote]
                        True that
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="greenca190"]He could be demanding a lot more money than he's making now too.[/quote] True that[/quote]

I don't know about that.

I can't remember if/how he restructured his contract earlier this year, but he was due a base salary of $8m.

Comment

Terrell Thomas is better than Webster. Thomas is a leader, he can tackle, and he can play man or zone. Webster does dumb stuff from time to time, but I think thats more on our safeties not being vocal enough during coverage audibles.

Comment

[quote user="T-Murda84"]Terrell Thomas is better than Webster. Thomas is a leader, he can tackle, and he can play man or zone. Webster does dumb stuff from time to time, but I think thats more on our safeties not being vocal enough during coverage audibles.[/quote]

TT is not better than Webster. TT was the second most targeted CB in the NFL last season, and gave up more completions than Webster was even targeted (I believe it was in the 80-90 range). Though, I can't remember the order, he gave up the most and second most yards and TDs for a corner last season. Sure, he ledthe team in interceptions with 5, but as I said, he was the second most targeted CB (I believe he was targeted 140-150 times last season). Webster had one fewer pick on about 40% fewer targets.TT measured in the bottom 20 in nearly every CB metric out there, Webster measured in the top 20.

Comment

Working...
                              X