Question regarding Justin Tuck and David Diehl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Justin Tuck and David Diehl

Both players are veterans, and both have 2 Super Bowls. Both players had subpar seasons in 2012.

Yet it seems to me that most fans are willing to give Tuck a chance to bounce back, but have pretty much packed Diehl's bags and called him cab to the airport.

Just wondering why Tuck seems to be getting a mulligan, while Diehl is being written off as garbage.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

both are washed up. if anything diehl should have the edge over tuck because he has much better leadership qualities.

Comment

Diehl has been finished for the last couple of years.
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Diehl seemed like he just didn't have the strength and footwork to keep up with the defenses he faced last season. I don't know that he can improve much in those areas at his age. These young guys keep getting bigger, stronger, and quicker. Tuck's issues were nagging injuries and he just seemed to have lost some of is fire which you can get back. Just my guess!

Comment

Diehl has had 2 years in a row of bad play.

In 2011, Tuck had a bad regular season but played well in the post season then sucked again in the 2012 season.

I do not think Tuck has gotten a pass. In fact, I have seen some pretty hard abuse of him in these forums lately.
          sigpic

Comment

Because Tuck just isn't the same.....while Diehl is absolutely terrible & Sean locklear,who wasn't even a starter before coming here, was a definite upgrade over him....that's sad

Comment

Tuck at his best was near superstar. Diehl at his best was a pretty good tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                Both players are veterans, and both have 2 Super Bowls. Both players had subpar seasons in 2012.

Yet it seems to me that most fans are willing to give Tuck a chance to bounce back, but have pretty much packed Diehl's bags and called him cab to the airport.

Just wondering why Tuck seems to be getting a mulligan, while Diehl is being written off as garbage.
                Tuck plays a position that gets results and was only below average from a defenders standpoint. Diehl was just flat out bad last season. I'd give a older guy that shows flashes more of a shot than one that was just consistently bad all year.
                sigpic

Comment

Pass? Tuck is just slightly behind Diehl as the most hated player on his team.

Comment

Two players who should be replaced next year. The NFC East is all about speed. We need younger faster players to be able to compete in this division.

Comment

Tuck is still here, 1 more year because of contract & situational use will get the last drops out of the gas tank. But Tuck is smart, causes no trouble & goes hat in hand into Rees's office, unlike some recent Giant players who just couldn't come to terms with the hand writing on the wall that, father time has caught them & it's just about over, ie Barber, Shockey, Jacobs, & Osi, all Great Giant players during their time in the sun, but don't let the door hit you in the *** when it was time to go....IMHO

Comment

I remember when Orakpo was picked by the Redskins in the draft, the announcer said that with guys like David Diehl at tackle, pass rushers should thrive in this division. That was 4 years ago. Do you think Diehl got better or worse since then?

Plus Tuck played really well in the playoffs, when people watch the most.

I think you can categorize Tuck's career in BF and AF. Before and After Flozell. Now he has to play at half-speed so he has enough for the occasional big play or big game. It bums me out to think about what might've been for him.

Diehl played to his potential, and he should be proud of that. It's just hard work that he made the best of his borderline NFL talent. LOTS of hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
                          Tuck plays a position that gets results and was only below average from a defenders standpoint. Diehl was just flat out bad last season. I'd give a older guy that shows flashes more of a shot than one that was just consistently bad all year.

Tuck and Osi were bad last year, JPP had a below average season. The entire OLine sucked last season and Diehl was a part of that. He's older and has redone his contract saving the team a few $M. Sticking with the original OP, they both played poorly. Diehl's performance is in decline after 10 years. The answer for Tuck is not that simple buy if he doesn't regain his form this season, I hope they let him go in FA.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think they both had pretty awful seasons the past 2 years. I still have hope in Tuck to bounce back but at this point in Deihl's career I see him as a back up at best.

Comment

Tuck is not going to give us much this year. Or if he does, I will believe it when I see it. Diehl is just Diehl. He can't help growing older and slower but that is what he is. Time has come for both to become Giants fans instead of Giants players. Hope they retire as Giants. I have some fine memories of both men in their hey days.

Comment

Working...
                              X