Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDFA WR Marcus Davis signs with the Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewz View Post
    He's a big receiver, 6'3, 233.. wow
    I like that about him also. He will be getting the best available training and coaching if he chooses to listen and learn. All up to him.

Comment

He better show the willingness to block downfield immediately or he's not going to have much of a chance. That won't fly here.

Comment

Marcus Davis caught 51 passes in 2012 and 30 passes in 2011. He had more catches than Corey Fuller (43 catches in 2012). Corey Fuller was taken in the 6th round by Detroit. He also played with David Wilson and Jayron Holsey. However Davis has a bad reputation as being a poor down the field blocker and poor route runner. He could surprise everyone and make it as an UDFA. Special teams will be his ticket. He will need to lose some weight. He is now 6-3 and 233. Will play better at 220 lbs. I think we are thinking he could make the practice squad and pretend to be Dez Bryant to get our DB's ready for a big physical receiver.

This signing could mean the Ramses Barden will not be able to return.

Comment

Barden is definitely not coming back. Why would he want to and the Giants' don't seem to be interested.

Comment

After losing Barden and Hixon he is a great addition, along with Louis Murphy from the Panthers.

Him and Cooper were two of my favorite late "possible" gems, I can't believe we snabbed both of them!

Comment

I really like this kid, I wanted Harrison from Rutgers, similar size and build, but this kid looks faster and can break away from the defenders, This is his 85yd TD highlight...He may be the David Douglas star of training camp lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfUjDxb8ig
              Last edited by BlessedinBlue22; 04-29-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hokies!

Comment

Interesting prospect, kid is big!

Comment

Hes big, quick, strong and can catch
                    You can see how lanky his arms are in the 3 highlights of him
                    however the dez bryant comparisons are coming from bleacher report, so take it with a grain of salt.
                    Kid has the tools, but he needs to get his head right
                    I am really looking forward to watching him and nassib in preseason

Comment

Ugh, stupid Wiki linked me to the UFC fighter instead

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbluefan77 View Post
                        Hes big, quick, strong and can catch
                        You can see how lanky his arms are in the 3 highlights of him
                        however the dez bryant comparisons are coming from bleacher report, so take it with a grain of salt.
                        Kid has the tools, but he needs to get his head right
                        I am really looking forward to watching him and nassib in preseason
                        And Dez's head was right when he was drafted? lol

Comment

The offseason and preseason should be pretty awesome this year!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                            Bummed that he didn’t get drafted this weekend, former Hokies receiver Marcus Davis calmed himself down and tried to get his mind off of it with a little TV. On the screen? An NFL Films production about the top undrafted players in league history.

“It’s like it was speaking to me,” he said.

Davis will still get his shot in the NFL, announcing Sunday that he had agreed to a free agent deal with the New York Giants.

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

They called with about 30 minutes left in the draft. Davis and his agent talked it over, preparing for a worst-case scenario — not getting drafted — and agreed that New York was a great situation for him. He decided on the Giants about five minutes after the draft ended.

“I think I can just go in and compete for if not playing time, then at least competing for a spot on the 53-man roster,” he said.

He’ll have familiar faces there. The Giants drafted two Hokies early in last year’s draft who figure to have prominent roles this year — running back David Wilson and cornerback Jayron Hosley. They also signed outside linebacker Alonzo Tweedy to an undrafted free agent deal yesterday.

Read more...
                            Some ppl have mentioned this kid and said he is very good. I hope he is and can be one of our 6th WR.

Comment

victor cruz 2.0?

Comment

Working...
                              X