Pugh vs Nick Perry, Kyle Irving and practiced against Chandler Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah id love to see those games too.

u have to believe (u meaning like all of us) that how he fared vs Irving and Perry factored into the decision to pick him. This guy is ready to go, and still can improve. there was a notion he had maxed out his potential, but if you think about it, he can get stronger which would help his game be even more effective

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
      He got beat 3 times by Swim moves and 1 time by a Bullrush. None of them resulted into sacks. He does struggle against the swim moves, but that is something fixable I believe. I'm happy with what I saw, disappointed on Nassib though haha some of those interceptions were gross.
      I read an article where he gave up one sack and no hurries while at Syracuse. That's not bad advertising.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
        Nice video on Pugh but Nassib doesn't look that good (not that accurate)....
        Nassibs deep ball is below average its why I dont think he can be anything more then a spot starter.Watch the 1st play. I think he is short to intermediate game is good and he has mobility.He makes some crazy plays now and then as well.

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
          That was probably a not updated ranking. Pugh was a fast riser and a lot of teams were high on him. I feel that at #19 was a decent reach, I believe he would've went between 22-32, but since he can play everywhere and 2 of our O-lineman are coming out of injuries and our RT sucks Pugh makes sense.

I believe that even Long was ahead of Watson.
          I believe they were saying the Bears and Cowboys were very interested in Pugh. Bears picked at 20, right after us, and wound up taking Long, another Guard.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Pugh is reliable and steady. Will be great on our line. I can't wait for the season to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              I forgot that played USC in 2011 im going to get that game. Ive been trying to get the 2011 Syracuse WV game with Bruce Irvin "0 tackles ,0 pressures 0 TFL:" but no 1 has had it yet. Im determined to get that game.I can get the USC game their easy.I was disappointed he didnt play them this year.
              +1 on this too. After reading this boards for years one thing I have learned from some of you is watch more than 1 year of videos. Also, if I read correctly, Pugh missed the first few games of the year due to injury so obviously any videos you watch of him in 2012 is post injury and probably still rehabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                Watch him in this video, he struggles at LT against speed rushers

All i know, is Khaseem Greene jumped off the screen in that video...lol

Comment

All I have to say is that it speaks volumes when your own college coach does not draft you when he becomes an NFL coach. Nassib will be nothing more than a back up.

Comment

Green looked very good, Nassib looked adequate(backup in the NFL, if that) and Pugh looked adequate (not the first coming some are talking about!). This will all wash out in preseason, but by watching college tape a first rounder should jump out at you not make you yawn. Did someone owe Syracuse a favor this year or something? Go Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                      All I have to say is that it speaks volumes when your own college coach does not draft you when he becomes an NFL coach. Nassib will be nothing more than a back up.
                      Luckily, because he was our 4th round pick, were not asking him to be anything more than a backup...

Comment

Not sure what video you were watching, but I thought he looked really good. I think he will need to learn how to get some air under the ball on some routes and not throw fastballs at his RB's, but otherwise, the guy has a canon and makes quick decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                          Green looked very good, Nassib looked adequate(backup in the NFL, if that) and Pugh looked adequate (not the first coming some are talking about!). This will all wash out in preseason, but by watching college tape a first rounder should jump out at you not make you yawn. Did someone owe Syracuse a favor this year or something? Go Giants!
                          Of course, the guy we didn't draft was the best thing you saw on the video. Another arm chair GM is born.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            All i know, is Khaseem Greene jumped off the screen in that video...lol
                            Agreed, pretty disappointed to see him go so late. I thought he would have gone earlier in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post

olineman that make you yawn usually means they're doing a pretty good job.
                              Last edited by Eli TO Shockey; 04-29-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                                olineman that make you yawn usually means their doing a pretty good job.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X