Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a look into Free agency

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-free-agents/

I was looking at the list and some noticeable names popped up. im not advocating going on a shopping spree like the eagles did but sure up positions of of interest so we can take care of needs in the Nfl draft.

RB. man would it be nice t pry ray rice away from baltimore. hes an every down back he will fit the giants run first scheme extremely well. and hes not injury ridden.

CB. Brent grimes an easy upgrade to he secondary can play man cover almost just as good as corey can imho. bring him in would allow rolle to play his natural position then resign thomas toa one year and see where witherspoon, tyron and johnson are health and speed wise, how much of the rust is there due to injury. i won't say best secondary in the league but one oppoising offense would have a tough time against.

OG. Carl Nicks i only say this cause Deihl is horrible at guard i'm my honest assessment, and beatty hasn't been manhandled to much from what i've seen when he was playing. maybe Dehil can play RT instead? i don't know im not an expert on O-Line evaluating.

what do you guys think ? who would you like ?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Just a look into Free agency

CBs LBs and OLs. Anyone can help us really.

Ray Rice aint happening. He is my favorite RB outside Bradshaw, but it aint happening.

Comment

As much as I like Brent grimes, he will never be a giant, just doesn't fit the prototype that the giants want on defense. They want their CBs 6' and 200 pounds.

Not 5'9 185 like grimes.

Comment

Ray Rice will be locked up by Baltimore.

Comment

From what I understand, the cap size isn't suppose to go up much in the next 2 seasons, so if the Giants want to spend any money, they're going to need to jettison some hefty contracts first.

Comment

Well I made a thread with my dream offseason so here it is.

Trade
            - Tuck and Osi for a 2nd and 3rd

Sign
            - Mario Williams
            - Carl Nicks
            - Curtis Lofton

Draft
            - Trade our 2 2nd rnd picks for another 1st
            - Dre Kirkpatrick and Trent Richardson

and cut anyone that stands in the way of making this happen

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]Well I made a thread with my dream offseason so here it is.

Trade

Sign
              - Mario Williams
              - Carl Nicks
              - Curtis Lofton

Draft

and cut anyone that stands in the way of making this happen[/quote]

i feel this but im saying if we can pry away ray rice from baltimore with dollars and promise of the starting position, then we can use those two first your talking about for OL or LB's just a thought

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]As much as I like Brent grimes, he will never be a giant, just doesn't fit the prototype that the giants want on defense. They want their CBs 6' and 200 pounds.

Not 5'9 185 like grimes.[/quote]

but he's really fast and can close to the ball quickly. do we really chose size over speed when it comes to cover skills in a CB?

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

i love to hear how much money we have to spend, in total next year.

i imagine very little.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]Well I made a thread with my dream offseason so here it is.

Trade

Sign
                    - Mario Williams
                    - Carl Nicks
                    - Curtis Lofton

Draft

and cut anyone that stands in the way of making this happen[/quote]

First off, I admire the thought you have, you seem very energetic. But unfortunately, Both Richardson and Kirkpatrick are top 10-15 picks, and right now it is very unlikely we get either even if we lose against the Cowboys and miss the playoffs.

Tuck is not going to be traded, point blank period. I feel for him getting injured every season and am aggravated by this, but this is not madden. He is a giant through and through, and a top DE when healthy.

Osi on the other hand I want out. He is a detriment to our defense more than he is a playmaker. He is pushed back in the run game, overshoots the quarterback making the pocket a lot bigger, and has a poor attitude. I hope we can get a late 2nd, but at this point I have no idea what his value is at.

Williams and Nicks are going no where. Both teams will work to keep their young talent, both are top players at their positions, and both would command a lot of money to pry away from their teams. Another thing is why would they leave their teams when each is becoming very successful?

Lofton is probably a little unrealistic too. He is a tackling machine, but cost involved I think I would look for another player.

Comment

Well Ray Rice would be awesome to have next to Bradshaw but honestly I would like to have to Michael Bush (OAK) that man is a beast, like a younger Jacobs who might leave next year. Tolbert (SD) also an option.

Like Brent Grims very underrated CB would be a great steal from the Falcons.

Not that many good CBs in free agency in my opinion except for Grimes (ATL), Finnegan (TEN), Rogers (SF), and Carr (KC).

And on the offensive line Grubbs (BAL) and Nicks (NO) sound good but think the Giants will look what they have on their roster and draft to mix and match and make the O-Line better for 2012.

Also getting another physical WR to go opposite Nicks wont hurt maybe look at Colston.

Whats your guys opinion on Vicent Jackson?

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]As much as I like Brent grimes, he will never be a giant, just doesn't fit the prototype that the giants want on defense. They want their CBs 6' and 200 pounds.

Not 5'9 185 like grimes.[/quote]Justin Tryon 5-9 183.

Comment

[quote user="NYG_88"]Well Ray Rice would be awesome to have next to Bradshaw but honestly I would like to have to Michael Bush (OAK) that man is a beast, like a younger Jacobs who might leave next year. Tolbert (SD) also an option.

Not that many good CBs in free agency in my opinion except for Grimes (ATL), Finnegan (TEN), Rogers (SF), and Carr (KC).

And on the offensive line Grubbs (BAL) and Nicks (NO) sound good but think the Giants will look what they have on their roster and draft to mix and match and make the O-Line better for 2012.

Also getting another physical WR to go opposite Nicks wont hurt maybe look at Colston.

Whats your guys opinion on Vicent Jackson?[/quote]

I would love vincent jackson, but I know hes probably going to want top dollar and,yhe giants are not that much into giving those contract to widereceivers . But honestly vincent jackson on the giants with eli he would man handle any corner in the nfc east with his size/athleticism/ball making skills. Like who would cover him he would be a miss match across the board

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="NYG_88"]Well Ray Rice would be awesome to have next to Bradshaw but honestly I would like to have to Michael Bush (OAK) that man is a beast, like a younger Jacobs who might leave next year. Tolbert (SD) also an option.

Whats your guys opinion on Vicent Jackson?[/quote]

I would love vincent jackson, but I know hes probably going to want top dollar and,yhe giants are not that much into giving those contract to widereceivers . But honestly vincent jackson on the giants with eli he would man handle any corner in the nfc east with his size/athleticism/ball making skills. Like who would cover him he would be a miss match across the board[/quote]

I know a WR at 6'5 would be great, he would command more attention from both the CB and Safety. But most people would point out the Thursday night game against Oakland where he looked to give up on the play but then they have to look at his 3 TD game against GB. He will demand a lot of money but my next option would be Colston or Meachem.

Opinion on Michael Bush?

Comment

Forget free agents. Resign our own and draft well.

This isn't fantasy football or X-Box. No reason to even think WR with this group, potentially signing Manningham and Jerningan recently drafted.

Comment

Working...
                              X