Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the weakest draft classes I have seen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the weakest draft classes I have seen....

This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.
    By the way how does next years draft look like.
    sigpic

How do you know that? Are you a fortune teller? Some kind of super pro scout? There are franchise players in every single draft as well as busts in every single draft. If what you really meant is there weren't enough must have popular players that a non-scout like Mel Kiper Jr and all the other amateurs on blogs and sites all over the internet liked than yeah I would agree.

Comment

You really think that the Redskins had that much foresight?

Comment

With all the juniors who declared this year, anyone who decided to go back and complete their senior year and wait for the 2014 draft was smart...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
          How do you know that? Are you a fortune teller? Some kind of super pro scout? There are franchise players in every single draft as well as busts in every single draft. If what you really meant is there weren't enough must have popular players that a non-scout like Mel Kiper Jr and all the other amateurs on blogs and sites all over the internet liked than yeah I would agree.
          What did you say.
          sigpic

Comment

In todays league, rbs are a dime a dozen. A good anchor tackle is highly valued despite the lack of sexiness. All three of those tackles that went in the top four should be stud linemen for years. If you can lock down for a decade a key position it is a great draft.

Comment

Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
              Every position was good, not great in this years draft, name me one player at any position that you would say could be an ALL Pro in the future.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by devilsadvocate View Post
                In todays league, rbs are a dime a dozen. A good anchor tackle is highly valued despite the lack of sexiness. All three of those tackles that went in the top four should be stud linemen for years. If you can lock down for a decade a key position it is a great draft.
                There are many stud linemen that are drafted in later rounds, when you draft a lineman in the first five picks, he better turn out to be an All Pro.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post
                  Every position was good, not great in this years draft, name me one player at any position that you would say could be an ALL Pro in the future.
                  Justin Pugh
                  sigpic

Comment

It didn't seem to be the same as drafts of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      With all the juniors who declared this year, anyone who decided to go back and complete their senior year and wait for the 2014 draft was smart...
                      Heh tell that to Barkley. Had he come out last year, he'd probably be the starting QB for the Dolphins right now.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                        Justin Pugh
                        Slow down a bit there Charlie, LOL, If the kid was thought of to be an All Pro one day he would not have dropped to us at 19, trust me. Do you know what All Pro means.
                        Last edited by The_ One; 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.
                          By the way how does next years draft look like.
                          Its hard to tell obviously, but on the surface I completely agree. Just look at the pass rushers taken early... Jordan, ansah and mingo have basically no college production. Guys like that usually aren't going top 5, but they did in this draft.

Comment

I have feeling the days of top blue chip prospects will be a thing of the past, reason I say this is because of the injury issues in the NFL especially head injuries, which means less and less parents will let their kids play football, most if not all NFL players played pee wee football, but since all these head injuries have been brought to the forefront, makes you wonder, heck, most NFL players playing now would not want their kids playing football, basketball or baseball seem a much safer way to go, plus their contracts are guaranteed. No wonder the NFL is not playing around with those head on collisions, and players paying dearly with game suspensions, in the end it's a business and the NFL is a billion dollar industry, if they don't fix the problem it will hurt them big time in the long run. Usually it takes years to see the effects it has on recruitment for new employees. They will also have to change some of the guaranteed money sooner or later, if they want their business to succeed long term.
                            sigpic

Comment

This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.By the way how does next years draft look like.
                              Sometimes, you look at a draft, and you don't see a couple of no brainers, it can also mean the possibility of being a deep draft.Nobody stands out so much, so grading it can only happen a couple years down the road.
                              my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Working...
                              X