Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think anyone is claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning. However, for all this talk about how miserable and unqualified as an NFL QB that folks claim Timmy Tebow is, the one thing he has proven so far to not be, is a postseason choke artist like the great Peyton Manning. If Timmy Tebow is that miserably awful and it was all the defense's credit, RBs credit, etc.....etc...... for defeating Pittsburgh Steelers in playoffs then how the heck didn't the great Peyton Manning take that same team deeper in playoffs than Timmy Tebow did?

Comment

• Heck is Eli loses a playoff game in the fashion that Peyton did in Denver you all can rest assurred this board will be blowing up with blame on him and not excuses like so many posters are making for Peyton.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        I don't think anyone is claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning. However, for all this talk about how miserable and unqualified as an NFL QB that folks claim Timmy Tebow is, the one thing he has proven so far to not be, is a postseason choke artist like the great Peyton Manning. If Timmy Tebow is that miserably awful and it was all the defense's credit, RBs credit, etc.....etc...... for defeating Pittsburgh Steelers in playoffs then how the heck didn't the great Peyton Manning take that same team deeper in playoffs than Timmy Tebow did?
        Have you forgotten what happened in the following game? You know, the one against the Patriots where Tebow completely degenerated? 45-10 was the score, I believe? When has Peyton allowed that to happen?

And come on, "same team"? Teams change every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Have you forgotten what happened in the following game? You know, the one against the Patriots where Tebow completely degenerated? 45-10 was the score, I believe? When has Peyton allowed that to happen?

It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?

I am just curious that if the guy is that horrible then how come Peyton Manning didn't take that same team further?

Now I am not claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning, he isn't. I also think it makes no sense that folks entertain the notion of him as a TE. However, if he is as bad as everyone says, then how come the guy can protect the football as often as he does under high pressure and the supposed "one of the top greatest" Peyton Manning is unable to do so? I am just curious. I mean heck, give Tebow credit for something here, the guy does win, wherever he goes and starts. Now, he didn't start on NY Jets because they have such a smart coach that choose to start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so you cant really count his stay there as an indication of his abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post

Well, doesn't that vaunted, superstar defense that folks are claiming carried Timmy Tebow there in the first place have something to do with that? Perhaps it is just their credit when they win but all Timmy Tebows fault when they lose.

Comment

• should be fired as a fan.

Comment

It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?
                Tebow was a nonfactor in that playoff win up until the Steelers blew a coverage for an 80 TD to lose the game. Tebow was 9-20 for around 200 yards and a pick. A week later when Denver got crushed, he was 9-26 for 136 Yards.

Comment

Rex Grossman went to the super bowl, that doesn't make him a good QB

Comment

• Tebow stinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                      Tebow was a nonfactor in that playoff win up until the Steelers blew a coverage for an 80 TD to lose the game. Tebow was 9-20 for around 200 yards and a pick. A week later when Denver got crushed, he was 9-26 for 136 Yards.
                      Actually thats not true. Timmy Tebow in that game was 10-21 for 316 yards, 2 TDs and a QBR of 125. He averaged 31.6 yards per completion. Lebeau's defensive plan againt Tebow was much the same as Pittsburgh employed when they played against RG III last season. They took away the short and middle passing options, contained running lanes on the QB and made him have to throw long. It worked against RGIII but didn't against Timmy Tebow. However jacked up his mecahnics are, Timmy Tebow does have greatarm strength, it is the reaaon Denver draftes him ao higj andif tuere is any pass he can throw, it is the long ball. The strategy Labeau employed is also the same we used in the 49ers game last season and it works against QBs with weaker arms like RG III and Alex Smith but not against guys with strong arms like Timmy Tebow or Joe Flacco.

Comment

Different players, different teams, different gameplans, different situations, different freaking years. Do you not realise how incredibly silly this argument is?

If you need proof of how "miserably bad" Tebow is as a quarterback, look no further:

Comment

Actually thats not true. Timmy Tebow in that game was 10-21 for 316 yards, 2 TDs and a QBR of 125. He averaged 31.6 yards per completion.
                          Are you for real? He got 80 of those yards in one play in overtime when the Steelers blew the coverage. He had completed 9 passes up until then with 1 TD and 1 INT. What is your infatuation with this guy?

Comment

I am just curious that if the guy is that horrible then how come Peyton Manning didn't take that same team further?

Now I am not claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning, he isn't. I also think it makes no sense that folks entertain the notion of him as a TE. However, if he is as bad as everyone says, then how come the guy can protect the football as often as he does under high pressure and the supposed "one of the top greatest" Peyton Manning is unable to do so? I am just curious. I mean heck, give Tebow credit for something here, the guy does win, wherever he goes and starts. Now, he didn't start on NY Jets because they have such a smart coach that choose to start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so you cant really count his stay there as an indication of his abilities.
                            He isn't a bad QB. He's a bad NFL QB. If you can't throw, you can't survive. The Broncos had to revamp their entire offense for crying out loud. It was only a matter of time people figured out how to stop that gimmicky offense. And please don't bring up Russell Wilson, RG3, and Colin K. Those guys can throw and throw it well. Tebow is a "prime" candidate to "chuck" it into the "ground".
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES... NO!!!
                              Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                                Are you for real? He got 80 of those yards in one play in overtime when the Steelers blew the coverage. He had completed 9 passes up until then with 1 TD and 1 INT. What is your infatuation with this guy?
                                In overtime, Peyton Manning was pressured and threw a lame pick to end the game because he choked in th postseason again.What is with your hatred of Timmy Tebow?

Comment

Working...
                                X