Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He should join the Florida Gators coaching staff and help mentor some of those kids in the program. College was always his strong suit and I'm sure he can help any QBs there with their conditioning and leadership intangibles.
    Best response so far!

Comment

Originally posted by rbcarpenter View Post
      first off,can tebow either block or catch?...does HE even know?.a few other points-he was overrated as a qb to begin with and his lack of talent rose to the top of the glass for the whole world to see(please don't bring up his rookie year in denver-the defense won those games late,not tebow).lastly,as was touched upon by another poster,he is not a team player-if he was,when he was asked to switch to te or fb,he would have replied,"ok coach,whatever you think is best."..i've been watching this guy since his freshman year,and i 've said it then,and i'll say it again-he won't make it in the nfl as a qb,probably will only be in the league for another season,2 at the outside,and will then be a distant memory.
      Matt Prater's leg helped him also.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
        Didnt u just make a thread about people making ridiculous posts???
        lol the irony

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

Nice throw by Sanchez.

Comment

I havent even read this entire thread but in response to the OP...

please speak your thoughts outloud prior to posting. Trust me, had you done that you would have heard how silly this idea is.

Comment

Tebow as te, nope?

Comment

for real?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!
                sigpic

Comment

Yes I would be against it.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
                    I don't understand all the hate for the guy..it's misplaced hate in my opinion. It's the fans and media who hyped him up to the point anytime he's brought up, it makes people wanna kick a puppy. If he is done in the NFL, I wouldn't want his career to end while playing against us because I got no hate for the guy like Michael Vick.

What's weird is I ALWAYS felt he wasn't going to be a great QB. The playbook and formations he ran in Florida wasn't a type of style of play calling that transitions well into the NFL. Don't get me wrong though, he IS an athletic player, kinda like a Kordell Stewart.
                    +1. I don't want him as our QB of course, but he's got more playoff wins than Romo. I never hated him. People just got sick of the hype.

I have a feeling that the NFL hasn't seen the last of Tebow. You may see him back, if not this year, then in a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                      I like Tebow because he is a good guy and appears to be for the average Joe!

but there is nothing he can contribute to the Giants at any position imo!
                      He could probably start at linebacker....
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

His productivity does not even remotely correlate with the distractions he'd bring through a media circus. So, no.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

even if i knew he would have 60 catches i wouldn't want him here The circus he brings is too much. His fans annoy the doo doo out of me.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I'm not sure I can think of any reason to bring him in outside of full back and IMO, even there he's not versatile enough to handle all the responsibility.
                            There's a couple of possibilities of him landing somewhere in the NFL as a back up running the read-option, but I think the best thing for his development would be to head to the CFL.
                            my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Why does anyone think he could just come here and start playing a brand new position and be an upgrade over guys that have been playing/learning that position for some years now. That makes absolutely no sense. This is the NFL, not high school.

Comment

why in the world would a QB play TE?

why do people insist on the idea that this kid would be any good at any position in this game?

he is a QB and can't even play that position

Comment

Working...
                                X