Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Hankins NFL comparison, Vince Wilfork?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue_truth View Post
    we dont need him for sacks we need him to help JPP, TUCK, KIWI, AND MOORE get sacks...
    Originally posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm thinking he's going to make our LBers look a lot better too.
    Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    This guy will require attention from teams. Which should pull double teams off of JPP...which will end with SACKS
    Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Watch the tape Redeye put up. He does seem to lose steam, but the opponents do put two people on him at all times. This should help our ends or even a blitzing safety or linebacker. It all depends on whether NFL coaches will respect that or not.

Comment

i made that comparison the second we drafted him. interesting and i def. see similarities

Comment

he also has the ability to ragdoll guards and toss them aside. guys got a ton of upside

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
            Watch the tape Redeye put up. He does seem to lose steam, but the opponents do put two people on him at all times. This should help our ends or even a blitzing safety or linebacker. It all depends on whether NFL coaches will respect that or not.
            Again, with Hankins losing steam, he was playing 70 snaps a game. He won't need to do that here, even as a starter. That should help him hold up throughout games and the season.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              I just hope this guy doesn't become Marvin Austin 2.0
              in fact, sadly for Marv, he's probably the replacement. (Sucks too, I was really hoping Austin would shine)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Just so u guys know there is a Giant Film thread with like 10 videos each of Moore and Hankins

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                  I just hope this guy doesn't become Marvin Austin 2.0
                  Yup, that's my worry as well....

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 05-01-2013, 09:56 AM.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                    Yup, that's my worry as well.
                    Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
                      Hankins has a highlight video on youtube and he flashes some serious dominance dudes a beast
                      Just watched it and I know what you mean. The videos almost 7 minutes of him just blasting through the line and wreaking havoc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smINO4rdEgc
                      Last edited by WiIdcat; 05-01-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Blue Santa called him a "meatwall".....
                        thats ****ing funny.....lol
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Based on what?
                          Both DTs, both drafted in 2nd round, both with similar pros and cons. Marvin Austin was allegedly a "beast" that runs like a gazelle and hits like a Mack truck.

I've seen better evidence of UFOs so far.
                          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Both DTs, both drafted in 2nd round, both with similar pros and cons. Marvin Austin was allegedly a "beast" that run like a gazelle and hit like a Mack truck. I've seen better evidence of UFOs so far.
                            Austin did not play his senior season and was injured all of his rookie season. Why not compare him to Joseph who was also a 2nd round pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Austin did not play his senior season and was injured all of his rookie season. Why not compare him to Joseph who was also a 2nd round pick?
                              I don't think Joseph was nearly as hyped up as Austin. I like Joseph alot, and I was a huge fan of the Austin pick. So, call me jaded, but I'm not going to jump on the Hankins bandwagon at this point until I see what he can do against professional guards and centers.

Comment

I don't think Joseph was nearly as hyped up as Austin. I like Joseph alot, and I was a huge fan of the Austin pick. So, call me jaded, but I'm not going to jump on the Hankins bandwagon at this point until I see what he can do against professional guards and centers.
                                Joseph was hyped and the reason for the Austin hype was because he could have been a great pick up. As good a GM as Reese is he does not have a crystal ball. Austin did show flashes in camp his rookie season but losing another season due to injury has hurt him. It's also not like he has played a lot and you can say based on his pay he is a bust. It's unfortunate. Still, that does not validate he comparison of the two. The only knock on Hankins seems to be that he where's down after playing 60-70 snaps a game and he will probably never see anywhere near that in the pros.

Comment

Working...
                                X