Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    I thought that I read that if he sits out, but returns by Week 10, he would get credit for the year of service and would be a Free Agent after the season. I believe that Vincent Jackson did this a few years ago.

I'm not sure if this is right, but if it is, he could still screw us up pretty bad by holding out until Week 10.
    Yes, that's correct. But what advantage does that give Cruz? He'll have 6 games worth of stats to show his next team? All that would do is label him a malcontent and when he does sign the tender, none of the money will be guaranteed.

If the tender was the only offer I might ALMOST agree (but not really). There has been movement in Cruz's direction and I have a lot of confidence in Reese and Codon getting this long term deal done.

We don't know what the sticking point(s) is/are. But I really do believe they are going to work it out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I thought that I read that if he sits out, but returns by Week 10, he would get credit for the year of service and would be a Free Agent after the season. I believe that Vincent Jackson did this a few years ago.

I'm not sure if this is right, but if it is, he could still screw us up pretty bad by holding out until Week 10.
      He has to come back. He just can't sit out the year. Why would he do this. It would cost him a fortune and he would look worse to possible suitors.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• 1...Cruz is not sitting out the year
        2...Cruz is not going to sign the tender
        3...Cruz will be a Giant

All a guess by me but thats what I feel.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          1...Cruz is not sitting out the year
          2...Cruz is not going to sign the tender
          3...Cruz will be a Giant

All a guess by me but thats what I feel.
          There is at least a 90% chance that all three will be correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            for some reason I just dont see him on another contending team......maybe just a fan's hoping...
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              for some reason I just dont see him on another contending team......maybe just a fan's hoping...
              I just don't see how its in his interest to not sign the Giants offer in the end. All the other options, given the team's leverage are so much worse for him.

Comment

94.7, not to put too fine a point on it
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I just don't see how its in his interest to not sign the Giants offer in the end. All the other options, given the team's leverage are so much worse for him.
                  also I feel all the interested parties would have pitched offers by now.....IMO....

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Yes, that's correct. But what advantage does that give Cruz? He'll have 6 games worth of stats to show his next team? All that would do is label him a malcontent and when he does sign the tender, none of the money will be guaranteed.

If the tender was the only offer I might ALMOST agree (but not really). There has been movement in Cruz's direction and I have a lot of confidence in Reese and Codon getting this long term deal done.

We don't know what the sticking point(s) is/are. But I really do believe they are going to work it out.
                    It's certainly not a perfect solution for him, but it gives him a little more leverage than if this was not an option since it would definitely hurt the Giants if he went this route.

Comment

It's certainly not a perfect solution for him, but it gives him a little more leverage than if this was not an option since it would definitely hurt the Giants if he went this route.
                      I think Cruz is out of "leverage", per se. He can still negotiate, and should, until the well runs dry.

Comment

Interesting. How much did the Chargers pay Jackson for those last 6 games?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Interesting. How much did the Chargers pay Jackson for those last 6 games?
                          I have no idea. But if I were TC and Cruz holds out for ten games, I'd let him sit on the bench for the rest of the season or put him on the inactive list.

Comment

???
                            Someone said Jackson came back Week 10. What contract was he under when he came back and how much did they pay him for the last 6 games?

Comment

• His agent has to know that NY has the most value to Cruz on and off the field. On the field, his chemistry with Eli and the Giants scheme. Off the field, endorsement opportunities are higher for him not only because NY is the largest market, but because it has the largest Puerto Rican community.

8m per year in NY is better than 10m per year somewhere else.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                                His agent has to know that NY has the most value to Cruz on and off the field. On the field, his chemistry with Eli and the Giants scheme. Off the field, endorsement opportunities are higher for him not only because NY is the largest market, but because it has the largest Puerto Rican community.

8m per year in NY is better than 10m per year somewhere else.
                                It was reported last week that Jay-Z, who cannot represent Cruz with the NFL, wants him to stay here. It's been reported that Cruz told his agent, Tom Condon, not to solicit offers from other teams before the 4/19 deadline. John Mara said a few days ago that a deal "will get done. Be patient." and Reese said within the last few days that Cruz was entitled to and should explore all of his options and that neither side is angry with the other.

No one who knows where they are is saying anything in terms of details. That's as it should be. We fans want everything done now, but that;s not how life works sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X