Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see where that is an advantage for him to sit out 6 or 10 games. People want a Team player on their squad that willing to lay down for the team. I think at this point Cruz and his agent are just being greedy or unrealistic about what Cruz is actually worth. They need to come to terms that a Slot guy is not worth 10-11 Million a season. Plus the giants can point to when Nicks was hurt how Cruz became invisible
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Yes, that's correct. But what advantage does that give Cruz? He'll have 6 games worth of stats to show his next team? All that would do is label him a malcontent and when he does sign the tender, none of the money will be guaranteed.

If the tender was the only offer I might ALMOST agree (but not really). There has been movement in Cruz's direction and I have a lot of confidence in Reese and Codon getting this long term deal done.

We don't know what the sticking point(s) is/are. But I really do believe they are going to work it out.
      I'm not so sure that's not an option! If the Giants are out of the race by week ten, his risk would be playing in 6? games to be a FA! Teams really aren't going to care if he only plays in 6 games or the fact that he goes that route. The offers for him will fly in as a FA on past performance. In the long run I think the Giants up the offer and sign him.
      Last edited by bigjeep; 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM.
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• but remember how they handle this situation with Cruz will go a long way in how the Contract talks go with Nicks
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          but remember how they handle this situation with Cruz will go a long way in how the Contract talks go with Nicks
          The process will be the same as it is for all of their players. Nicks really HAS TO play healthy and put up Nicks-like numbers if he wants # 1 money in his next contract.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• both sides should split the difference. meaning, say the contract is 4 yrs, give him 2 yrs worth of #1 or top #2 WR money, and 2 yrs of slot WR money. that way both parties get what they wanted while compromising

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
              I'm not so sure that's not an option! If the Giants are out of the race by week ten, his risk would be playing in 6? games to be a FA! Teams really aren't going to care if he only plays in 6 games or the fact that he goes that route. The offers for him will fly in as a FA on past performance. In the long run I think the Giants up the offer and sign him.
              His being available to play in those six games would mean he'd still be UFA in 2014. Otherwise he's right back where is now.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• The Nicks negotiation will be interesting, because from a pure stats perspective, he's averaged close to Cruz's 2012 numbers (deemed "nothing" by many on here) for the last three years. Yes, he's missed games, but that's just another negative towards him.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  both sides should split the difference. meaning, say the contract is 4 yrs, give him 2 yrs worth of #1 or top #2 WR money, and 2 yrs of slot WR money. that way both parties get what they wanted while compromising
                  I don't think they would look at it that way. They establish a player's worth and go from there. They might offer some contract sweetners based on performance metrics. They have apparently already moved upwards off of the $7M to $8M. This is how contract negotiations work and at some point Cruz will sign a long term deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    The Nicks negotiation will be interesting, because from a pure stats perspective, he's averaged close to Cruz's 2012 numbers (deemed "nothing" by many on here) for the last three years. Yes, he's missed games, but that's just another negative towards him.
                    He really does have to get his numbers back up to his better outings but his not playing a full season yet is going to be used by Reese, as it should be.

Comment

Yes, that's correct. But what advantage does that give Cruz? He'll have 6 games worth of stats to show his next team? All that would do is label him a malcontent and when he does sign the tender, none of the money will be guaranteed.

If the tender was the only offer I might ALMOST agree (but not really). There has been movement in Cruz's direction and I have a lot of confidence in Reese and Codon getting this long term deal done.

We don't know what the sticking point(s) is/are. But I really do believe they are going to work it out.
                      Didn't prevent Vincent Jackson from getting a huge deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Cruz is no Vincent Jackson, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          This is the GIANTS

Comment

• He means it didn't stop him from getting a massive deal with another team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              He means it didn't stop him from getting a massive deal with another team.
                              But Cruz hasn't asked to go to another team and that's not what seems to be driving his negotiation strategy. He wants top be here, they clearly want him here and usually that means a deal will come together for both sides to be able to say they won.

Comment

But Cruz hasn't asked to go to another team and that's not what seems to be driving his negotiation strategy. He wants top be here, they clearly want him here and usually that means a deal will come together for both sides to be able to say they won.
                                Vincent Jackson's holdout didn't damage his value one iota, is what I think TCHOF was getting at.

Comment

Working...
                                X