Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Vincent Jackson's holdout didn't damage his value one iota, is what I think TCHOF was getting at.
    That may be, but one success story doesn't always create a trend. There are risks involved with every strategy and it depends on just how much risk a player wants to take on. He can hold out for ten weeks and then sign his tender which, by that time, would be 110% of his 2012 salary which doesn't get to $1M. None of that would be guaranteed. He can sign the tender before June 17th and get the team to agree to not apply the franchise tag in 2014. Again, no guarantee and he would be losing an estimated $5M that he would be getting if he signed a long term deal, which I believe is still going to happen.

I don't see Condon settling for chump change in a non-guaranteed one year tender. One injury is all it would take to make that a very unwise decision.

Then there is the image issue which might not have mattered to Jackson but I'm pretty sure it does to Cruz. If he holds out, he is going to lose a lot of good will with the fans (the people who buy his "stuff") and it could also affect his off field interests. While that's a relatively minor issue it may be something he would not want to create.

I still see a long term deal getting done sometime in May or June.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
      On Monday, New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese said he remains "hopeful" that a deal between Big Blue and wide receiver Victor Cruz can get done. That, of course, is a far cry from what co-owner John Mara said a few weeks ago when he assured the world a deal "would get done." But now, head coach Tom Coughlin is beginning to become bothered by the ongoing negotiations and, for the first time, admitted some "concern" over the lack of progress.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/30/...ome-a-concern/

If posted already please except my humble apology!
      Amazing isn't it how quickly the leopard changed his spots when money is involved!
      We obviously gave Cruz far more credit for being a class act than he deservesd
      The guy is not worth what he wants and if his agent can't convince him otherwise, and he decides to leave, then who really cares anymore.
      The next obvious step for him will be the "hold out"...you know....the measure that he at one time steadfastly claimed he would never do!
      Turns out that the guy doesn't have a sincere bone in his body and that his saying all the right things were just empty words. He makes it sound like the Giants offer is some kind of slap in the face when in point of fact it is very generous for a guy was not exactly a "sure thing" to catch a pass.
      I'm sick of the whole damned Cruz soap opera.
      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        Amazing isn't it how quickly the leopard changed his spots when money is involved!
        We obviously gave Cruz far more credit for being a class act than he deservesd
        The guy is not worth what he wants and if his agent can't convince him otherwise, and he decides to leave, then who really cares anymore.
        The next obvious step for him will be the "hold out"...you know....the measure that he at one time steadfastly claimed he would never do!
        Turns out that the guy doesn't have a sincere bone in his body and that his saying all the right things were just empty words. He makes it sound like the Giants offer is some kind of slap in the face when in point of fact it is very generous for a guy was not exactly a "sure thing" to catch a pass.
        I'm sick of the whole damned Cruz soap opera.
        you are way over reacting IMO.......
        How do you even know whats going on between CRuz, his agent, and the Giants???
        He doesnt have a sincere bone in his body???
        Wow dude......way off base....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• is anyone else concerned hes developing "diva-ish" tendencies? I was watching the NFLN Americas Game for our 2011 season. And Cruz struck me as a vocal, flashy guy. and normally those types rub fans the wrong way bc of the players attitude combined with financial success. i dont want to get too in detail about the psyche of the fan/player relationship bc it'd take a book for me to be able to express my point in more detail. but Cruz wasnt getting paid top dollar, or really, any dollar lol. he was like a min. wage salary player. and so in combo with some of the things hes done, it was almost lovable whereas with another player who does similar things but making 12 mil per yr, it can rub fans the wrong way. I mean, the salsa dance is great when its the story of an UDFA local kid who made it big. But would fans feel the same way if he was drafted 1rst rd, and getting 10 mil per when he broke out the salsa?

thats my point. when a player seems unreasonable in terms of demand of financial restitution, some of the lovable things we all felt become hindered

cruz doesnt seem to have a problem with being the center of attn and demanding what he wants. i hope that attitude is only applicable to contract negotiations and doesnt linger in his psyche after a deal is reached if in fact one is reached

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            He means it didn't stop him from getting a massive deal with another team.
            That's what I meant . . . . thanks for the assist

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              you are way over reacting IMO.......
              How do you even know whats going on between CRuz, his agent, and the Giants???
              He doesnt have a sincere bone in his body???
              Wow dude......way off base....
              I agree. Cruz hasn't involved the media in this at all and is handling it like a businessman as far as I'm concerned. None of us have any idea about the negotiations that are going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                is anyone else concerned hes developing "diva-ish" tendencies? I
                what has he done that he is acting like a "diva"..???
                Very little media surrounding his contract negotiations. He is using his time alotted for his decision to be made.
                I dont get how fans see him as some malcontent already. Not saying you do 420 but many others do....
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• gametime- I agree with ur sentiment. i just kinda think I feel different about the salsa, and some comments he made while mic'd up, and comments in general now with this whole contract bs. i guess im being unfair and can admit that. its just, these contract issues, the player HAS to be completely about himself and self absorbed in order to get the deal they want. some of his prior actions that i pegged as lovable, now Im looking back and viewing him in a diff way I guess.he's just seemingly been completely unreasonable and unfair really. he should know we have nicks. he wants to get paid that much to the point we lose nicks? that just strikes me as self centered. does the fact we gave him his only shot not mean anything financially? we dont get a discount for basically giving him the chance to make this his profession? what about Eli? surely Cruz must know a lot of the credit is SHARED between both.

we have like several players/coaches going on record that they want cruz back and want him to be proud to be a giant. i dunno how that hasnt happened already. imo, the players historically who were proud to be giants didnt need mega pay days to feel that way. they were proud to be giants going INTO negotiations. we've seen how many players meet the team halfway? it used to be i thought that was the exception, not the norm. but thinking back, really, players acting like Plex or Cruz now is the exception.

Comment

gametime- I agree with ur sentiment. i just kinda think I feel different about the salsa, and some comments he made while mic'd up, and comments in general now with this whole contract bs. i guess im being unfair and can admit that. its just, these contract issues, the player HAS to be completely about himself and self absorbed in order to get the deal they want. some of his prior actions that i pegged as lovable, now Im looking back and viewing him in a diff way I guess.he's just seemingly been completely unreasonable and unfair really. he should know we have nicks. he wants to get paid that much to the point we lose nicks? that just strikes me as self centered. does the fact we gave him his only shot not mean anything financially? we dont get a discount for basically giving him the chance to make this his profession? what about Eli? surely Cruz must know a lot of the credit is SHARED between both.

we have like several players/coaches going on record that they want cruz back and want him to be proud to be a giant. i dunno how that hasnt happened already. imo, the players historically who were proud to be giants didnt need mega pay days to feel that way. they were proud to be giants going INTO negotiations. we've seen how many players meet the team halfway? it used to be i thought that was the exception, not the norm. but thinking back, really, players acting like Plex or Cruz now is the exception.
                    all good points...
                    he hasn't made any decision to "sit out" or anything drastic yet. If he does that then a change of my opnion on him would prob happen.
                    We'll see soon what will happen.

Comment

is anyone else concerned hes developing "diva-ish" tendencies? I was watching the NFLN Americas Game for our 2011 season. And Cruz struck me as a vocal, flashy guy. and normally those types rub fans the wrong way bc of the players attitude combined with financial success. i dont want to get too in detail about the psyche of the fan/player relationship bc it'd take a book for me to be able to express my point in more detail. but Cruz wasnt getting paid top dollar, or really, any dollar lol. he was like a min. wage salary player. and so in combo with some of the things hes done, it was almost lovable whereas with another player who does similar things but making 12 mil per yr, it can rub fans the wrong way. I mean, the salsa dance is great when its the story of an UDFA local kid who made it big. But would fans feel the same way if he was drafted 1rst rd, and getting 10 mil per when he broke out the salsa?

thats my point. when a player seems unreasonable in terms of demand of financial restitution, some of the lovable things we all felt become hindered

cruz doesnt seem to have a problem with being the center of attn and demanding what he wants. i hope that attitude is only applicable to contract negotiations and doesnt linger in his psyche after a deal is reached if in fact one is reached
                      Sounds like success envy to me
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        I agree. Cruz hasn't involved the media in this at all and is handling it like a businessman as far as I'm concerned. None of us have any idea about the negotiations that are going on.
                        +1

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          what has he done that he is acting like a "diva"..???
                          Very little media surrounding his contract negotiations. He is using his time alotted for his decision to be made.
                          I dont get how fans see him as some malcontent already. Not saying you do 420 but many others do....
                          He's done NOTHING to act like a Diva.....absolutely nothing!
                          Its just a contract negotiation. And its early May for God's sake. There is no basis for lobbing bombs at Cruz at all. He's made no negative comments at all. Nor has anyone on the team.
                          No one knows what's really going on here. Lets all let it play out before we start crucifying Victor Cruz.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            He's done NOTHING to act like a Diva.....absolutely nothing!
                            Its just a contract negotiation. And its early May for God's sake. There is no basis for lobbing bombs at Cruz at all. He's made no negative comments at all. Nor has anyone on the team.
                            No one knows what's really going on here. Lets all let it play out before we start crucifying Victor Cruz.
                            +1 We're all impatient, but the fringe is really going off the deep end.

Comment

• not even gonna dignify your post RF. "success envy" lmao. if u can't comprehend posts about cruz bc ur too emotionally involved, you prob shouldn't comment on them. thats what your post seems like to me.

Comment

not even gonna dignify your post RF. "success envy" lmao. if u can't comprehend posts about cruz bc ur too emotionally involved, you prob shouldn't comment on them. thats what your post seems like to me.
                                What has he done or said to elicit all of this hatred?

Comment

Working...
                                X