Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gametime-(sorry sometimes i can quote posts sometimes I can't). I fully get ur and the opposite end of the spectrums stance. its actually fair. my stance isnt. i can acknowledge that. if im asked to explain why I still hold that mentality, itll require a long post. in a few words; theres a fine line in the player/fan relationship. something thats seen as positive, joyous, respectful can suddenly seem self centered and a distraction. fair or unfair, these shifts in attitude by the fans occurs usually around contract time. and thats, imo, due to the fact the player MUST focus solely on himself above the team. thats how the business works, u gotta get urs. (theres always the exception).
    I mean with TO even, he went from this respected, must have prospect in Philly and overnight, he does situps in front of his NJ home and the media, and the TO monster is born.
    Now I am in no way saying Cruz has done ANYTHING REMOTELY IN THE STRATOSPHERE OF THAT. but, a drastic act isnt necessary to having that sudden shift in attitude.

this whole situation, independent of money, can hurt cruz bc again, he HAS TO REALIZE we have nicks. and granted, cruz has gotta get cruzs loot, how does nicks play into it? i mean does cruz really want more than Nicks? we dont know, but we are hearing more and more now how cruz doesnt want top slot wr money, he wants top wr overall money. that screws us with nicks potentially.
    then theres the whole "we gave u ur shot when no one else would and u could potentially be bagging groceries right now" point of it that also ties into the "how much does eli get credited in his contract demands?"

and RF, sorry if I overreacted. I just continually see u commenting on some supposed "rogue element going off the deep end" that just so happens to be going of the deep end solely bc they view the situation differently than you. i mean i find it a little odd how u have been prob the foremost poster on the cruz situation (whch i appreciate btw) and its kinda weird how u could focus on it so strongly and with such passion and then call other people fringe lunatics or whatever wording u use soley bc the contract situation rubs them the wrong way and they interpret the events differently.

Comment

• RF thank u for clarifying my point exactly. if ur too emotionally attached RF to comprehend posts, maybe dont respond to them, at least not in what could be interpreted as disrespectfully. how was what i said "hatred" at all? simply bc its a diff view than ur own?

i dont hate cruz at all. i acknowledged my thinking is unfair. and that its just a tricky, touchy situation. thats why i took offense to ur "success envy" comment....to think i wouldnt want him to be successful. i want him to be the most successful WR in NFL history (well, tied with nicks).

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        gametime-(sorry sometimes i can quote posts sometimes I can't). I fully get ur and the opposite end of the spectrums stance. its actually fair. my stance isnt. i can acknowledge that. if im asked to explain why I still hold that mentality, itll require a long post. in a few words; theres a fine line in the player/fan relationship. something thats seen as positive, joyous, respectful can suddenly seem self centered and a distraction. fair or unfair, these shifts in attitude by the fans occurs usually around contract time. and thats, imo, due to the fact the player MUST focus solely on himself above the team. thats how the business works, u gotta get urs. (theres always the exception).
        I mean with TO even, he went from this respected, must have prospect in Philly and overnight, he does situps in front of his NJ home and the media, and the TO monster is born.
        Now I am in no way saying Cruz has done ANYTHING REMOTELY IN THE STRATOSPHERE OF THAT. but, a drastic act isnt necessary to having that sudden shift in attitude.

this whole situation, independent of money, can hurt cruz bc again, he HAS TO REALIZE we have nicks. and granted, cruz has gotta get cruzs loot, how does nicks play into it? i mean does cruz really want more than Nicks? we dont know, but we are hearing more and more now how cruz doesnt want top slot wr money, he wants top wr overall money. that screws us with nicks potentially.
        then theres the whole "we gave u ur shot when no one else would and u could potentially be bagging groceries right now" point of it that also ties into the "how much does eli get credited in his contract demands?"

and RF, sorry if I overreacted. I just continually see u commenting on some supposed "rogue element going off the deep end" that just so happens to be going of the deep end solely bc they view the situation differently than you. i mean i find it a little odd how u have been prob the foremost poster on the cruz situation (whch i appreciate btw) and its kinda weird how u could focus on it so strongly and with such passion and then call other people fringe lunatics or whatever wording u use soley bc the contract situation rubs them the wrong way and they interpret the events differently.
        I have NEVER used the word "rogue." I simply have a hard time understanding how, without benefit of facts, one of our better players becomes a pinata simply because he is about to make a life altering decision and he's not doing it fast enough to suit us, the fans. Everything we have read or heard that has come from Cruz, his current handlers, or the team has been positive.

He is represented by Tom Condon who is a well respected agent and who the team was glad to see come on board. These negotiations really didn't start until April 20th. As has been said, it's May. He deserves some time to do what he and Condon believe are in his best interests.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

gametime-(sorry sometimes i can quote posts sometimes I can't). I fully get ur and the opposite end of the spectrums stance. its actually fair. my stance isnt. i can acknowledge that. if im asked to explain why I still hold that mentality, itll require a long post. in a few words; theres a fine line in the player/fan relationship. something thats seen as positive, joyous, respectful can suddenly seem self centered and a distraction. fair or unfair, these shifts in attitude by the fans occurs usually around contract time. and thats, imo, due to the fact the player MUST focus solely on himself above the team. thats how the business works, u gotta get urs. (theres always the exception).

Dude, c'mon. Do you really expect someone to read all of this?

Comment

• rf-yeah, I agree. And I believe your opinion (mostly) to be way more accurate and fair than my take represented in the posts above. he isnt a diva. im just worried that the line will be crossed, bc i've seen it happen with way too many talented wrs who produced.
            Last edited by giantsfan420; 05-02-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• tchof-dude, cmon. do i really care if u can read it or not? go get rosetta stone or whatever it is that helps people read. its a post in response to a statement i took some offense to. its gonna be detailed. u werent involved so i fail to see why ud make said comment in the first place.

stick with the 2 sentence posts and keep that kinda comment to urself, bc i do expect someone to read it (a person who wants to talk in depth about the topic at hand) sorry if im being a jerk, the weathers ****ty and it causes me pain and i get grumpy. im outta here. peace

Comment

rf-yeah, I agree. And I believe your opinion (mostly) to be way more accurate and fair than my take represented in the posts above. he isnt a diva. im just worried that the line will be crossed, bc i've seen it happen with way too many talented wrs who produced.
                If Cruz does something truly diva-ish I will jump on the bandwagon. But I just don't see it happening. I prefer wait for events to unfold.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Ok......ignoring the drama queens and getting back on subject..

This is a good thing that TC is expressing his displeasure with the situation. Maybe Victor will light a fire under his agent's *** to get the deal done and stay on TC's good side.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

tchof-dude, cmon. do i really care if u can read it or not? go get rosetta stone or whatever it is that helps people read. its a post in response to a statement i took some offense to. its gonna be detailed. u werent involved so i fail to see why ud make said comment in the first place.

stick with the 2 sentence posts and keep that kinda comment to urself, bc i do expect someone to read it (a person who wants to talk in depth about the topic at hand) sorry if im being a jerk, the weathers ****ty and it causes me pain and i get grumpy. im outta here. peace
                    Just sayin' man . . . your posts are very difficult to read. Way too long, stream of consciousness ramblings with no punctuation, all lower case letters and texting type abbreviations. You might get your point(s) across better if your posts were easier to read. Just a suggestion. You make some good points, but they seem to just get lost in the format of your posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      If Cruz does something truly diva-ish I will jump on the bandwagon. But I just don't see it happening. I prefer wait for events to unfold.
                      BOR - RING!!!!

It's much more fun to over react and speculate than to wait for the facts to come in.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                        BOR - RING!!!!

It's much more fun to over react and speculate than to wait for the facts to come in.
                        That was me overreacting

Comment

• Let me start by saying I like Victor Cruz as a receiver very much. He has unbelievable quickness that allows him to get separation. I also believe he is very smart and capable of reading coverages and making the correct route adjustments. That being said, he has had many dropped balls. This part of his game needs work, and therefore makes him not eligible in my mind for the $11 million contract he is looking for. The contract the Giants are offering is very fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                            Ok......ignoring the drama queens and getting back on subject..

This is a good thing that TC is expressing his displeasure with the situation. Maybe Victor will light a fire under his agent's *** to get the deal done and stay on TC's good side.
                            I really disagree with you on the TC thing. Until Cruz misses mandatory workouts/practices he should really stay out of this.
                            Its not the place of the head football coach to "light a fire" under one of his players in his contract negotiations. Not only is it not his place, its actualy downright inappropriate.
                            I don't think TC's comments were especially explicit, but I do think he should stay away from commenting on the contract situation of one of his players, especially since no one has held out or threatened to.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
                              Let me start by saying I like Victor Cruz as a receiver very much. He has unbelievable quickness that allows him to get separation. I also believe he is very smart and capable of reading coverages and making the correct route adjustments. That being said, he has had many dropped balls. This part of his game needs work, and therefore makes him not eligible in my mind for the $11 million contract he is looking for. The contract the Giants are offering is very fair.
                              We don't know what he's asking for and if it were $20M it wouldn't matter. They are negotiating a contract and both sides are going to get things they want and accept things they don't want. The process will result in a contract signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I really disagree with you on the TC thing. Until Cruz misses mandatory workouts/practices he should really stay out of this.
                                Its not the place of the head football coach to "light a fire" under one of his players in his contract negotiations. Not only is it not his place, its actualy downright inappropriate.
                                I don't think TC's comments were especially explicit, but I do think he should stay away from commenting on the contract situation of one of his players, especially since no one has held out or threatened to.
                                TC would prefer his players were sequestered in dormitories Of course he wants this to be over.

Comment

Working...
                                X