Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    TC would prefer his players were sequestered in dormitories Of course he wants this to be over.
    Again...his comments weren't that bad, but he should just stay out of it at this point.
    Don't forget, he's forbidden to hold it against any player in any way for not showing up to voluntary workouts.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

We don't know what he's asking for and if it were $20M it wouldn't matter. They are negotiating a contract and both sides are going to get things they want and accept things they don't want. The process will result in a contract signing.
      You know RF, I really don't know how many times we have to say this. No one knows who offered what, and who is asking/demanding what.

Yet some folks keep citing very specific numbers as if they are fact. The only FACT...is that we don't know where the negotiations stand.

Personally, I think Cruz is a tad frustrated given the fact that the team has all the leverage due to the RFA status that he has. BUT...that's my opinion only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Again...his comments weren't that bad, but he should just stay out of it at this point.
        Don't forget, he's forbidden to hold it against any player in any way for not showing up to voluntary workouts.
        I don't think TC would do that. He will do what he has to do now and when Cruz signs, all else will be forgotten.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• whatever the case may be the there certainly is limited to no drama at all.
          Assumptions lead to BS and thats whats happening with some fans here.....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

You know RF, I really don't know how many times we have to say this. No one knows who offered what, and who is asking/demanding what.

Yet some folks keep citing very specific numbers as if they are fact. The only FACT...is that we don't know where the negotiations stand.

Personally, I think Cruz is a tad frustrated given the fact that the team has all the leverage due to the RFA status that he has. BUT...that's my opinion only.
            This is a monumental decision for Cruz to make. We also need to understand that Condon, and Reese for that matter, have other contracts to work on and we just have to wait for it all to unfold. I'm as anxious as anyone for this to be over, but, as you said earlier, it's May.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              whatever the case may be the there certainly is limited to no drama at all.
              Assumptions lead to BS and thats whats happening with some fans here.....
              BS squared at times lol

Comment

BS squared at times lol
                lots of experts in that area around here......
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  lots of experts in that area around here......

Comment

I really disagree with you on the TC thing. Until Cruz misses mandatory workouts/practices he should really stay out of this.
                    Its not the place of the head football coach to "light a fire" under one of his players in his contract negotiations. Not only is it not his place, its actualy downright inappropriate.
                    I don't think TC's comments were especially explicit, but I do think he should stay away from commenting on the contract situation of one of his players, especially since no one has held out or threatened to.

Nonsense. He was asked a question and he answered it honestly. And I didn't say he said it IN ORDER TO light a fire under Cruz, I said Cruz may not like that TC isn't happy about how not having him signed yet. That could push Cruz a little closer to wanting to get the deal done.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      Nonsense. He was asked a question and he answered it honestly. And I didn't say he said it IN ORDER TO light a fire under Cruz, I said Cruz may not like that TC isn't happy about how not having him signed yet. That could push Cruz a little closer to wanting to get the deal done.
                      I thought it was telling a few weeks ago that Cruz went to the facility to talk with TC. I could see TC being a father figure to Cruz.

Comment

Whether he would or wouldn't isnt the point. It's the appearence of being unhappy about the situation. And again...he was asked.

Comment

I thought it was telling a few weeks ago that Cruz went to the facility to talk with TC. I could see TC being a father figure to Cruz.
                          This is what I'm saying.

Comment

This is what I'm saying.
                            I just said it better

Comment

I just said it better
                              Well, DUH!

Comment

Whether he would or wouldn't isnt the point. It's the appearence of being unhappy about the situation. And again...he was asked.
                                His response should have been " that's the business side of this and I'm the football coach.....we look forward to having Victor back when it gets worked out".....Or something like that.
                                Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X