Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danme View Post
    What DRAMA are you talking about -- it seems all the DRAMA is on this board -- the Giants and Cruz have NO PROBLEMS what so ever -- So where is the DRAMA u speak of
    They could be keeping it a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
      They could be keeping it a secret.
      Oh so now wer are SPECULATING about DRAMA -- SHEESH

Comment

Oh so now wer are SPECULATING about DRAMA -- SHEESH
        Like the Lottoe Comercials be saying, " You never know".

Comment

Yes he did. Now you are saying Nicks is not a good receiver. Before Cruz came on the scene, Nicks was the leading man or putting up good numbers. He could have had more if Eli would have played better.

Being the leading receiver has nothing to do about the situation. Yes he was the leading receiver but it has no bearing cause we are talking about he wanting too much money. He is not worth double digit mils and not even 7 or 8 mil either. With healthy Nicks, Cruz put up a lot of yards and so on in 011, but without a healthy Nicks, Cruz barely reached over a thousand yards. Now do the math. Oh and how do you know if Nicks was healhy, he would have been the leading receiver last year?
          I didn't mention Nicks, you did, and what has he to do with Cruz's contract negotiations? His being the leading receiver is certainly a negotiation point. Nicks biggest problem, contractually speaking, is his inability to play a full season. Cruz has been the leading receiver for the past two, 2, dos years. You can ignore that if you wish. You can say Nicks being on the field made it possible for Cruz to make those numbers and I would agree with you.

This is not about Nicks, it's about Cruz. The numbers are what they are and Jerry Reese knows better than anyone how they came a bout. How much money ie Cruz asking for? Not what the media has suggested, but how much has Cruz or the team said Cruz is asking for?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I didn't mention Nicks, you did, and what has he to do with Cruz's contract negotiations? His being the leading receiver is certainly a negotiation point. Nicks biggest problem, contractually speaking, is his inability to play a full season. Cruz has been the leading receiver for the past two, 2, dos years. You can ignore that if you wish. You can say Nicks being on the field made it possible for Cruz to make those numbers and I would agree with you.

This is not about Nicks, it's about Cruz. The numbers are what they are and Jerry Reese knows better than anyone how they came a bout. How much money ie Cruz asking for? Not what the media has suggested, but how much has Cruz or the team said Cruz is asking for?
            Do you even have to to mention Nicks? He is on the Giants roster.

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
              I really dislike Cruz. this shows the lack of class he is. this could get done without all the drama. But Cruz and Jay-z his agent is it???

Please...... gimme a break!
              Jay-Z is not Cruz's agent for his football interests. In fact, Jay-Z has yet to be certified to negotiate for any NFL player(s). The only drama is created right here and by the omniscient media.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Do you even have to to mention Nicks? He is on the Giants roster.
                Broha is on roster, let's talk a bout him then. You brought Nicks into the discussion.

Comment

Broha is on roster, let's talk a bout him then. You brought Nicks into the discussion.
                  You said that Cruz was the leading receiver so Nicks had to be put in the discusion cause both of them play at the same position. Cruz's stats did went down when Nicks was hurt. Cruz barely got over a thousand yards and you want to give him a real big contract Giants can't afford. Now how about Nicks? If he is not on our roster or the Giants don't have another receiving threat, no Superbowl or winning record.

Cruz also did well in 011 cause our tes contributed in a big way along with MM. Yet when Nicks was hurt last year, Cruz did nothing nadda.

Comment

You said that Cruz was the leading receiver so Nicks had to be put in the discusion cause both of them play at the same position. Cruz's stats did went down when Nicks was hurt. Cruz barely got over a thousand yards and you want to give him a real big contract Giants can't afford. Now how about Nicks? If he is not on our roster or the Giants don't have another receiving threat, no Superbowl or winning record.

Cruz also did well in 011 cause our tes contributed in a big way along with MM. Yet when Nicks was hurt last year, Cruz did nothing nadda.

OK, you go your way and I'll go mine.

Comment

OK, you go your way and I'll go mine.
                      Bet but the Giants are with me or they would have been gave Cruz his ten to eleven mil wich he is not worth it.

Comment

Bet but the Giants are with me or they would have been gave Cruz his ten to eleven mil wich he is not worth it.
                        Diamond Ring -- I have to agree with Roanoke -- Cruz's numbers are OUTSTANDING -- especially for a guy who only got 750,000 for a pay check -- I think your totally wrog about him "DISAPPEARING WHEN NICKS GOT HURT" I already got into the explaination but you probably didn't bother reading it -- Cruz is the man -- at least in Eli's eyes -- Cruz is Eli's go to guy Not Nicks -- Cruz goes over the Middle of the field --I don't see nicks doing that -- I also haven't seen Nicks run for 98 or so yds for a TD -- Im not putting Nicks down -- But Cruz is as good as Nicks is and Catches MORE BALLS and GAINS MORE YDS than Nicks does -- Nicks Cant stay on the Field either Cruz does -- Nicks Has been hurt every year and has missed games EVERY YEAR he has been in the NFL -- Cruz missed his 1st year but NO ONE EXPECTED HIM TO MAKE THE TEAM -- He hasn't missed a hgame since -- So YES he deserves his money Period End of Story
                        Last edited by danme; 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                          You're right RF, that was a strong word. My opinion remains the same regarding his worth though.
                          His worth will be determined by what the Giants agree to pay him. Not what he's asking for, not what the Giants initially offered, and not by us.

Comment

How on earth is 1000/10 "nothing nadda"? If that's the case then Nicks has been doing "nothing nadda" for the four years he's been on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              How on earth is 1000/10 "nothing nadda"? If that's the case then Nicks has been doing "nothing nadda" for the four years he's been on the roster.
                              +1 Agreed 10000000000000% Im not a Numbers/Stats guy -- But you can not ignore Cruz's production compared to Nick's Production -- How many Pro Bowls does Nicks Have??

Comment

Diamond Ring -- I have to agree with Roanoke -- Cruz's numbers are OUTSTANDING -- especially for a guy who only got 750,000 for a pay check -- I think your totally wrog about him "DISAPPEARING WHEN NICKS GOT HURT" I already got into the explaination but you probably didn't bother reading it -- Cruz is the man -- at least in Eli's eyes -- Cruz is Eli's go to guy Not Nicks -- Cruz goes over the Middle of the field --I don't see nicks doing that -- I also haven't seen Nicks run for 98 or so yds for a TD -- Im not putting Nicks down -- But Cruz is as good as Nicks is and Catches MORE BALLS and GAINS MORE YDS than Nicks does -- Nicks Cant stay on the Field either Cruz does -- Nicks Has been hurt every year and has missed games EVERY YEAR he has been in the NFL -- Cruz missed his 1st year but NO ONE EXPECTED HIM TO MAKE THE TEAM -- He hasn't missed a hgame since -- So YES he deserves his money Period End of Story
                                Look, when the qb is looking for open receivers especially a pocket passer, he has got to have options. One and even two options aren't enough. A offense has got to at least have 3 good receivers on the field at the same time the more the merrier. In 011, the Giants had that but in 012, Giants struggled a bit. Cruz's numbers did go down in 012 from 011 so why are you lying? If what you have said is true about Nicks being hurt, then Cruz would have had more than slightly over a thousand yards.

Giants have other talented players and if they sign Cruz to a double digit mil, then they are paying for two talented players for the price of one and that would be a big mistake. My point I am trying to make about Nicks is that he helps Cruz out and Cruz helps him out along with the other talented receivers. Yet if we are unable to get more talents, then you may see another Ray Handley Era. Oh and I did not see your other post.

Comment

Working...
                                X