Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he does not take the deal we are offering him I saw we use him as a goal line running back! This way when he plays for someone else next year he wont have anything left!
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
      Look, when the qb is looking for open receivers especially a pocket passer, he has got to have options. One and even two options aren't enough. A offense has got to at least have 3 good receivers on the field at the same time the more the merrier. In 011, the Giants had that but in 012, Giants struggled a bit. Cruz's numbers did go down in 012 from 011 so why are you lying? If what you have said is true about Nicks being hurt, then Cruz would have had more than slightly over a thousand yards.

Giants have other talented players and if they sign Cruz to a double digit mil, then they are paying for two talented players for the price of one and that would be a big mistake. My point I am trying to make about Nicks is that he helps Cruz out and Cruz helps him out along with the other talented receivers. Yet if we are unable to get more talents, then you may see another Ray Handley Era. Oh and I did not see your other post.
      Well before calling me a LIAR ( Which I do take offense to because I DONT LIE Nor do I insult other people) You should read my other post -- ANd No you did not say Cruz/Nicks or Nicks/Cruz compliment each other -- You did say that Cruz is a cancer and he should just sign his contract -- You also stated Nick is the better receiver -- Well the numbers say different so where is the proof that Nicks is the better of the 2 -- Why because Nicks was drafted and Cruz wasn't -- Is that what make Nicks Better -- Because for the life of me I cant see where on the field Stats and Numbers wise Nicks outshines Cruz --- I do however see where Cruz Outshines Nicks In performance and health wise.

Unlike You though I realize that the Giants need Both of these guys and yes I do agree Cruz shouldn't get 10 Million a year -- But neither should Nicks -- 8 or 9 Million a year a piece is what I see and that's a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY

Peace
      Dan
      Last edited by danme; 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danme View Post
        Well before calling me a LIAR ( Which I do take offense to because I DONT LIE Nor do I insult other people) You should read my other post -- ANd No you did not say Cruz/Nicks or Nicks/Cruz compliment each other -- You did say that Cruz is a cancer and he should just sign his contract -- You also stated Nick is the better receiver -- Well the numbers say different so where is the proof that Nicks is the better of the 2 -- Why because Nicks was drafted and Cruz wasn't -- Is that what make Nicks Better -- Because for the life of me I cant see where on the field Stats and Numbers wise Nicks outshines Cruz --- I do however see where Cruz Outshines Nicks In performance and health wise.

Unlike You though I realize that the Giants need Both of these guys and yes I do agree Cruz shouldn't get 10 Million a year -- But neither should Nicks -- 8 or 9 Million a year a piece is what I see and that's a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY

Peace
        Dan
        You making up more lies. I never said Nicks was the better receiver and in my past posts, I said they both help each other out. My post is about the othe talents that halp Cruz out. I gave two years the 011 and the 012 Season. In the 011, Giants had a healthy Nicks and Cru'zs numnbers was good. Yet look at what happened when Nicks was not at full strength. Cruz's yards went down. He also did nothin against the Falcons in the shut out. Come on man I am done with you buddy pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          You making up more lies. I never said Nicks was the better receiver and in my past posts, I said they both help each other out. My post is about the othe talents that halp Cruz out. I gave two years the 011 and the 012 Season. In the 011, Giants had a healthy Nicks and Cru'zs numnbers was good. Yet look at what happened when Nicks was not at full strength. Cruz's yards went down. He also did nothin against the Falcons in the shut out. Come on man I am done with you buddy pal.
          Again You Insult me by calling me a LIAR -- how bout I mis Understood what you are saying -- After all this is a message board -- Alos Again I explained WHY CRUZ'S NUMBERS DROPPED EARLIER -- You failed to read the post . Besides that Any NFL receiver that goes over 1000 YDS 2 yrs in a row is a PREMIER RECIEVER IN THIS LEAGUE -- Hell 1000 yds in 1 season is one hell of an accompolishment let alone 2 yrs in a row -- So what his Numbers Dropped -- If You read my post in this thread it will explain why he didn't hit 1500 yds - (BTW 1500 yds in a season is OUTSTANDING and well above average)

You call me a liar again -- I will definitely have to defend myself and insult you just as you have insulted me -- NFL SMACKDOWN was a great site so Smack talk is nothing to me

Peace
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
            Thank you for pointing out the reality of the matter. So many fans go on and on about details of the negotiations that they are not privy to.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I love TC but he really should stay out of this. When he misses mandatory time then it may be more appropriate.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by danme View Post

Peace
                Dan
                I agree we need both. Yet Cruz has often in the past 2 years been the benefit of coverage rolled to Nicks side. Nicks clearly has the better hands, but Cruz has proven more durable. During our playoff run when we played for all the marbles Nicks clearly outshined Cruz. Nicks faces better corners week in and week out and most weeks Nicks faces double teams. I know Nicks will produce with or without Cruz in the slot. I'm not as certain about Cruz's production.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has made this point, but is it possible Cruz does not want to sign until the last minute? That leaves him open to pursue his outside businesses without being obligated to attend Giant functions.

As far as Cruz being a cancer... until you start hearing teammates complaining about the situation, I wouldn't worry about that.

As far as who is the "better" receiver... I still say Nicks is. When he is healthy, he is almost always doubled. He still beats the doubles, and seems to always make the tough catches. I'd love to keep Cruz, but would rather lose Cruz if keeping him means losing Nicks. We have enough talent to succeed without him.
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Sure he'll sign..he can sign the tender this year..and then next year he can get franchise tagged. Management has a sense of humor too..see?

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                      Sure he'll sign..he can sign the tender this year..and then next year he can get franchise tagged. Management has a sense of humor too..see?
                      You realise that applying the franchise tag would pay Cruz more than what the team is offering at the moment, right?

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                        I don't think Cruz us worth anymore than what has been offered tbh. I know alot of people really like him (I do as well) but for a WR that played lights out 1 year and the next year almost led the league in drops and dissapeared when Nicks got hurt... He's not a one man show or at least not one that is big enough to warrant 10-12mil guaranteed per year.

Not just yet anyways imo. Either way, I hope this gets done quickly. Nobody likes this crap dragging into camp.
                        I'm not giving him 10-12 M per year either, but he wasn't exactly a bust last year. He still had 1,100 yards to go with all of those drops.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                          I'm not giving him 10-12 M per year either, but he wasn't exactly a bust last year. He still had 1,100 yards to go with all of those drops.
                          LOL You are not giving him anything.

Comment

Whats changed? We had the draft, what else... Nothing. The Cruz situation is the same. If he wants to play this year, he will play in blue, otherwise he sits out. I have a hard time believing he thinks his value is that inflated and is willing to put it to the test which makes no sense. Unless another team makes a better offer ( and that would have already happened) if Cruz doesn't sign he'll sit out the year and still be in the same spot next year. That makes no sense. Who believes he is worth 10-12MM?

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                              LOL You are not giving him anything.
                              JR asked me to chip in 10-12M per year for Victor, and I refused telling him that I would only sign checks for no more than $8M per.

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                                Whats changed? We had the draft, what else... Nothing. The Cruz situation is the same. If he wants to play this year, he will play in blue, otherwise he sits out. I have a hard time believing he thinks his value is that inflated and is willing to put it to the test which makes no sense. Unless another team makes a better offer ( and that would have already happened) if Cruz doesn't sign he'll sit out the year and still be in the same spot next year. That makes no sense. Who believes he is worth 10-12MM?
                                Victor does, and so do other teams, perhaps, who just didn't want to give up a 1st rounder to boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X