Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Apparently that's not true as it was discussed on ESPN yesterday.
    Oh swell, media hype
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      Or this has been going on since the beginning of last season and they still don't appear to be getting anywhere.

      If they were happy with the terms, Cruz would've signed. He hasn't, so they aren't.
      It's really been going on since April 20, 2013.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Oh swell, media hype
        Yeah and the head coach made a comment about it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          who really knows what is goin gon behind closed doors. Could be small details of "payment conditions/insentives, etc"....
          I think it's probably down to length of term and guarantee.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Yeah and the head coach made a comment about it.
            And you call that drama? Reese, Mara, and Tisch have made comments as well.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              And you call that drama? Reese, Mara, and Tisch have made comments as well.
              Based on what we know, there seems to be no reason to not have signed the deal already. He has no where to go and they are not gringo over pay him. So what's the hold up? Don't know, but its making news and not just on this message board.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Based on what we know, there seems to be no reason to not have signed the deal already. He has no where to go and they are not gringo over pay him. So what's the hold up? Don't know, but its making news and not just on this message board.
                We really don't "know" very much, but the people who are negotiating do and they will get a deal done as John Mara has publicly stated.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Based on what we know, there seems to be no reason to not have signed the deal already. He has no where to go and they are not gringo over pay him. So what's the hold up? Don't know, but its making news and not just on this message board.
                  there in lies the rub.....
                  we dont really know.....
                  its not making the papers that much so it seems like small issue may need to ironed out.....thats my guess
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    We really don't "know" very much, but the people who are negotiating do and they will get a deal done as John Mara has publicly stated.
                    Mara says they will get he deal done? Ok, he also said that they made him a very good offer. So we do know something.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      It's really been going on since April 20, 2013.
                      Didn't Cruz say they had the structure in place last October?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Mara says they will get he deal done? Ok, he also said that they made him a very good offer. So we do know something.
                        Yes, and all that we "know" is positive.
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Based on what we know, there seems to be no reason to not have signed the deal already. He has no where to go and they are not gringo over pay him. So what's the hold up? Don't know, but its making news and not just on this message board.
                          Cruz's job is to make the Giants sweat as long as it takes to get the best possible deal.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Yes, and all that we :know" is positive.
                            With he exception of the contract being signed everything looks great.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              Cruz's job is to make the Giants sweat as long as it takes to get the best possible deal.
                              What else is he going to get?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                Didn't Cruz say they had the structure in place last October?
                                Yes, but until the tender deadline passed, you, as then player, couldn't come to a final decision. Now it has passed and I suspect they are working on it. Something has been happening as it's been reported the offer has moved frtom $7M to $8M. It really is a process that takes time whether we want to wait or not.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X