Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Depth Chart: Justin Pugh Listed As Starting Right Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
    David Diehl could very well outplay Pugh this year, Pugh probably needs more experience.
    A blindfolded Pugh is an upgrade over David "easy pass" Deihl. . Pugh is as NFL ready coming out of the draft as they come.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      Guys gonna be our RT week 1 and I've maintained that since he was the selection.
      Out of necessity? As in, we dont have another starting RT so Pugh is it no matter what? As in, we were taking a T at 19 no matter who was there and he was going to be our RT come week 1? I thought it was pretty obvious Brewer wasnt panning out last year.

      I hope he is our starting RT because he is good at it, not because everyone else is bad at it. thats how I feel about our LBs.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #33
        The more I think about it, the more Pugh reminds me of the Diehl of old (who could actually play)... he wasn't anything spectacular to write home about, but could play any position on the line for all intents and purposes and got the job done.

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          The more I think about it, the more Pugh reminds me of the Diehl of old (who could actually play)... he wasn't anything spectacular to write home about, but could play any position on the line for all intents and purposes and got the job done.
          And Diehl was actually a very good player for a bunch of years. Maybe not a star, but very good.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            TC said he would likely start at RT, imagine our surprise that he's on the depth chart at RT
            Hell I'd be happy if they lined him up as the MIKE backer at this point.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
              A blindfolded Pugh is an upgrade over David "easy pass" Deihl. . Pugh is as NFL ready coming out of the draft as they come.
              lol
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

              2015 season tbd

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                And Diehl was actually a very good player for a bunch of years. Maybe not a star, but very good.
                that he was
                Last edited by ryan12; 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM.
                sigpic
                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

                2015 season tbd

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by drewz View Post
                  Don't worry, as soon as Pugh blows an assignment, David Diehl will back!
                  Knowing TC's aversion to starting rooks, you may have a point. RE: Wilson. Sadly.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    That's what I was thinking. Imagine him (Pugh) going up against a player like JPP, luckily JPP is on our team lol
                    Yeah we would never have to worry about that with D.D. at rt.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      TAKE IT BACK!!
                      you know he is right dude... but then... at the end of the year he will come back with a vengeance and we will end up releasing DD and he will take his spot for ever..

                      book it...

                      or not! *knock on wood* i hope he learns from DD and developts...

                      Stand with Cruz!
                      80

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        some need to realize that techique and taking the proper angles will negate any arm length defeciency. and every OL is susceptible to getting pushed back/stood up. Pugh is actually very good from that position bc he is able to reset and use technique to correct the situation.

                        he went up against 2 first rd picks in Irving and Perry. He gave up 1/2 a pressure iirc. he practiced against chandler jones everyday at practice (hes from syracuse too). the guy was practically raised to be an OL. grew up playing hockey which is good for 2 reasons among others, contact and OT need to "play on skates" when on an island 1v1 vs an end.
                        Pugh went up against plenty of competition in college that was stronger or faster than him and he goose egged them production wise bc he has a great understanding of angles, and tremendous footwork.

                        and we took him @ 19. Chicago was reported to gonna take him @ 20 if we didnt. How is it a stretch to think he'd go top 5(and i said top 5-10 too btw) if he had the prototypical arm length? he moves as well in space and gets to the 2nd level as well as L.Johnson, and is as technically sound as Fisher/Joekel. If u ask GMs, OT with arm length issues wont even get put on their board. A GM that takes a T like Pugh better do their due dillegence and homework and JR and Ross did. Which is why im confident in the pick.


                        seriously, watch him move in space. phenomenal. watch him on an island. phenomenal. watch him use the angles/technique, phenomenal. with a NFL workout regiment, the strength will get taken care of. prob quickly too tbh.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          some need to realize that techique and taking the proper angles will negate any arm length defeciency. and every OL is susceptible to getting pushed back/stood up. Pugh is actually very good from that position bc he is able to reset and use technique to correct the situation.

                          he went up against 2 first rd picks in Irving and Perry. He gave up 1/2 a pressure iirc. he practiced against chandler jones everyday at practice (hes from syracuse too). the guy was practically raised to be an OL. grew up playing hockey which is good for 2 reasons among others, contact and OT need to "play on skates" when on an island 1v1 vs an end.
                          Pugh went up against plenty of competition in college that was stronger or faster than him and he goose egged them production wise bc he has a great understanding of angles, and tremendous footwork.

                          and we took him @ 19. Chicago was reported to gonna take him @ 20 if we didnt. How is it a stretch to think he'd go top 5(and i said top 5-10 too btw) if he had the prototypical arm length? he moves as well in space and gets to the 2nd level as well as L.Johnson, and is as technically sound as Fisher/Joekel. If u ask GMs, OT with arm length issues wont even get put on their board. A GM that takes a T like Pugh better do their due dillegence and homework and JR and Ross did. Which is why im confident in the pick.


                          seriously, watch him move in space. phenomenal. watch him on an island. phenomenal. watch him use the angles/technique, phenomenal. with a NFL workout regiment, the strength will get taken care of. prob quickly too tbh.
                          People are just butthurt that he's not Ogletree...

                          I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I don't know. We are talking about NFL veteran defensive ends. I believe Pugh is going to be a good one but . . . .a rookie RT vs. veteran defensive ends??? I'm not saying it can't be done, because it has been done before.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              i can't believe how many fans are running with this. its not even close to official and he has to add some size to play tackle in the nfl. not only size but prove he can start. id take it with a grain of salt.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Paging JoeMorisforPresident.

                                LOL.....let's not get too hasty....kid hasn't even taken a single pro snap.

                                According to our own website, the depth chart won't be realized until June, and even then, will be unofficial....

                                http://www.giants.com/team/depth-chart.html
                                Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM.
                                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                                "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X