Giants' Depth Chart: Justin Pugh Listed As Starting Right Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    some need to realize that techique and taking the proper angles will negate any arm length defeciency. and every OL is susceptible to getting pushed back/stood up. Pugh is actually very good from that position bc he is able to reset and use technique to correct the situation.

he went up against 2 first rd picks in Irving and Perry. He gave up 1/2 a pressure iirc. he practiced against chandler jones everyday at practice (hes from syracuse too). the guy was practically raised to be an OL. grew up playing hockey which is good for 2 reasons among others, contact and OT need to "play on skates" when on an island 1v1 vs an end.
    Pugh went up against plenty of competition in college that was stronger or faster than him and he goose egged them production wise bc he has a great understanding of angles, and tremendous footwork.

and we took him @ 19. Chicago was reported to gonna take him @ 20 if we didnt. How is it a stretch to think he'd go top 5(and i said top 5-10 too btw) if he had the prototypical arm length? he moves as well in space and gets to the 2nd level as well as L.Johnson, and is as technically sound as Fisher/Joekel. If u ask GMs, OT with arm length issues wont even get put on their board. A GM that takes a T like Pugh better do their due dillegence and homework and JR and Ross did. Which is why im confident in the pick.

seriously, watch him move in space. phenomenal. watch him on an island. phenomenal. watch him use the angles/technique, phenomenal. with a NFL workout regiment, the strength will get taken care of. prob quickly too tbh.
    I agree. At first I hated the pick , then I relized many had a second rpund grade on him was because " arms too short to play tackle" but If jr says that a non-issue than I believe him. If he had 3 more inches on his arms than he would be a first round tackle.
    Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

• Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
      The statement of Pugh being listed as RT is just media popcorn. The guy isn't even on the team yet. But it did give way to this thread,LOL. Like I said on draft day, If Pugh isn't starting at RT by game 9 we've made another poor decision. He needs time to be ready to take the spot over. If he's good enough, he'll be there, if not...Oh well. All of the tape I saw was from 2011, furthermore lets see what happens to him in the NFL OK! Go GIants!
      to be very honest I think they are concerned with snee. I noticed Snee has been declining sharply, and i do not think he will last the whole season. this move was to have a versetile guy that could plug in to a few positions. i see him moving to G.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
        The statement of Pugh being listed as RT is just media popcorn. The guy isn't even on the team yet. But it did give way to this thread,LOL. Like I said on draft day, If Pugh isn't starting at RT by game 9 we've made another poor decision. He needs time to be ready to take the spot over. If he's good enough, he'll be there, if not...Oh well. All of the tape I saw was from 2011, furthermore lets see what happens to him in the NFL OK! Go GIants!
        Exactly.....we have a depth chart sitting right here on this website. It doesn't come out until June, and even then, it will be "unofficial". This thread is about 3 months premature.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• What if Donut Diehl is going HAM right now in the offseason? running miles, lifting insane weight, and eating with the help of a dietician? Its possible....maybe he comes to camp with something to prove, in which case Pugh doesn't even see the field.

..is that too much of a stretch?

my point is, we dont know for sure what goes on behind the scenes and if Pugh doesnt start this year, its no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            to be very honest I think they are concerned with snee. I noticed Snee has been declining sharply, and i do not think he will last the whole season. this move was to have a versetile guy that could plug in to a few positions. i see him moving to G.
            I've been ragging on Snee lately too. He doesnt play at some "high-level" like everyone thinks. He is not earning his contract/cap hit at this point in time. He's the next lineman (Donut Diehl being the first last season) to take a huge step backwards. Book it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
              I've been ragging on Snee lately too. He doesnt play at some "high-level" like everyone thinks. He is not earning his contract/cap hit at this point in time. He's the next lineman (Donut Diehl being the first last season) to take a huge step backwards. Book it.
              I agree , he did well for us, but the money vs his play doesnt make sense anymore. and i think the FO knows it. I bet this pick had a lot to do with snee and his cap number and health. i wouldnt be surprised to see snee retire after this season either.

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                Disagree. The guy played all year with a hip injury that required surgery after the season. He'll play better this year . . . . maybe not up to his highest level of play as a Giant, but better than last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                  I agree. At first I hated the pick , then I relized many had a second rpund grade on him was because " arms too short to play tackle" but If jr says that a non-issue than I believe him. If he had 3 more inches on his arms than he would be a first round tackle.
                  He was a first round tackle

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    He was a first round tackle
                    lmao

Comment

• I'm really really hoping Eric Herman is some kind of wiz kid that picks up his job quickly and replaces boothe at LG. I want to see some road graters out there this year. If its truly open competition at that spot it could happen. I like boothe but would rather have some youth there.

Comment

Working...
                      X